Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Where's the fact checking here? This was circulated all over twitterverse and facebook yet was never substantiated at the end of 2018.

Rules for thee but not for me. This is one of dozens of garbage articles about Russia from one of the oh so incredibly diligent left wing outlets. :rolleyes:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/27/manafort-held-secret-talks-with-assange-in-ecuadorian-embassy

"Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort held secret talks with Julian Assange inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London, and visited around the time he joined Trump’s campaign, the Guardian has been told."

Was Manafort hacked? News to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

Or are we ironically hyping a story with a lot of presumption and not a lot of proof because for the last 4.5 years the people backing the opposition party in a two horse race have been doing the same.

They act like threes years of pretty much entire disinformation about the Trump campaign and Russia didn't happen, it's incredible.

Overheal wrote: »
    Was Manafort hacked? News to me.

Clinging to semantics because there's no other defense - like I said, it's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Don't you guys distrust mainstream media? Yet you're swallowing this nonsense without question. Trump supporters hypocrisy is reaching ever new heights.

This is the best part. No actual proof and here they are falling over themselves in the rush to condemn Biden. If the shoe was on the other foot and the accusation was about their beloved leader all we'd be hearing would be FAKE NEWS msm propaganda bla bla bla! They're either deliberately hypocritial or gone so far down the rabbit hole that they're oblivious to their hypocrisy.

Or are we ironically hyping a story with a lot of presumption and not a lot of proof because for the last 4.5 years the people backing the opposition party in a two horse race have been doing the same.

Im fully willing to believe the story is exaggerated if not completely fake, but I thoroughly hope it impacts peoples choices to vote so that the candidate I dislike less wins. Its America, things don't have to be real, they just have to put enough doubt in somebodys mind. A game the democrats have been playing for a half decade now.

Except you can actually read the podesta emails for yourself like

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/

If the Post is alleging the "Smoking Gun" email exists, why the Smoke and Mirrors? [deserved chuckle]

• Advertisement

They act like threes years of pretty much entire disinformation about the Trump campaign and Russia didn't happen, it's incredible.

Russia did help get Trump elected yes? So where is the disinformation?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/18/us/politics/senate-intelligence-russian-interference-report.html
    The Russian government disrupted an American election to help Mr. Trump become president, Russian intelligence services viewed members of the Trump campaign as easily manipulated, and some of Mr. Trump’s advisers were eager for the help from an American adversary.

The report portrayed a Trump campaign that was stocked with businessmen with no government experience, advisers working at the fringes of the foreign policy establishment and other friends and associates Mr. Trump had accumulated over the years. Campaign figures, the report said, “presented attractive targets for foreign influence, creating notable counterintelligence vulnerabilities.”

This is the best part. No actual proof and here they are falling over themselves in the rush to condemn Biden. If the shoe was on the other foot and the accusation was about their beloved leader all we'd be hearing would be FAKE NEWS msm propaganda bla bla bla! They're either deliberately hypocritial or gone so far down the rabbit hole that they're oblivious to their hypocrisy.

( Speaking about Trump campaign interacting with Russian officials )

Comey calls the report not true and "nonsense". That report is what kick started the entire thing

Clinging to semantics because there's no other defense - like I said, it's pathetic.

It's not really a 'cling' to semantics. It's a policy long established on hacked materials. If it applied to things that were not hacked materials then it really wouldn't be a hacked materials policy now would it. As your complaint you pointed to a run of the road report with an undisclosed source. If you were treated here, there would be no news ever shared on the internet because of the anonymity of sources, prevalent in all corners of the media.

Russia did help get Trump elected yes? So where is the disinformation?

Look at the video I posted above - what kickstarted the whole Russian collusion thing with a FAKE report by the New York times which Comey calls under oath not true and "nonsense".

Don't be so disingenuous to suggest there wasn't hundreds of similar articles like it - there was 24/7 coverage of GARBAGE on msnbc/cnn and the likes for a solid two years.

( Speaking about Trump campaign interacting with Russian officials )

Comey calls the report not true and "nonsense". That report is what kick started the entire thing

So you agree that when an outlet posts something salacious and unverified you should take it with a grain of salt

• Advertisement

So you agree that when an outlet posts something salacious and unverified you should take it with a grain of salt

Did you?

Look at the video I posted above - what kickstarted the whole Russian collusion thing with a FAKE report by the New York times which Comey calls under oath not true and "nonsense".

Don't be so disingenuous to suggest there wasn't hundreds of similar articles like it - there was 24/7 coverage of GARBAGE on msnbc/cnn and the likes for a solid two years.

"Who started it" doesn't interest me as much as knowing a bipartisan consensus on the Senate Intelligence Committee agrees and reported that Russia has been interfering in our domestic politics for quite some time, and have been actively propagating the agenda of Trump, including actions that helped get him elected, with or especially without his collusion or knowledge.

"Who started it" doesn't interest me as much as knowing a bipartisan consensus on the Senate Intelligence Committee agrees and reported that Russia has been interfering in our domestic politics for quite some time, and have been actively propagating the agenda of Trump, including actions that helped get him elected, with or especially without his collusion or knowledge.

That's a cop out. Whether they interfered in the election and whether the campaign were in cohorts with them doing it are entirely separate things.

Forget about that sure, a 40 second video from 2017 is much more pertinent apparently.

Did you?

Did I _____? Did I take the Russian Collusion angle with a grain of salt? Yes. That's why I cheered on the investigations to determine one way or another. Now we know that there was no evidence of collusion found, there is plenty of evidence of obstruction of justice (which will never get addressed now) and plenty of evidence that Russia played its role one way or the other, with or without the tacit involvement of Trump or his allies.

Forget about that sure, a 40 second video from 2017 is much more pertinent apparently.

You don't give a shít cause it's the other side, it's called confirmation bias.

That's a cop out. Whether they interfered in the election and whether the campaign were in cohorts with them doing it are entirely separate things.

Separate or inexorable, the crisis is still the same, that there is a foreign nation interfering in our domestic politics in favor of one political faction over all others. That is of grave interest to voters.

You don't give a shít cause it's the other side, it's called confirmation bias.

Confirmation bias is posting a 40 second soundbyte from Comey's hours long hearing.

Having watched most of these hearings allow me to say no soundbyte tells the entire story of any hearing, ever. Juries don't only listen to the line of question from the prosecution, or only the line of questioning from the defense, either. These hearings aren't trials but if you're going to pretend to be objective take the whole thing in, Jesus. Nevermind he's had several public (and closed session) hearings about this, but here's the most recent

(note, this is not the hearing the clip you posted was yanked from, but is yet another broad, up to date, hours long discussion on the matter on the record)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Have I stepped back in time or something?

Have I stepped back in time or something?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zjep4w29ejiyns3k2ttv8mujvkzjqsqzokb5vk02&rid=giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The NYP article
    https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-reveals-how-hunter-biden-introduced-ukrainian-biz-man-to-dad/

Try posting on Twitter (delete after if you like).

Confirmation bias is posting a 40 second soundbyte from Comey's hours long hearing.

The point is Trumps' presidency was pretty much entangled for 2-3 years because of the Russian accusations of collusion. The new york post posts a single article damaging to Biden and it gets censored across all the social media sites, despite there being 100's if not thousands of similar articles about Trump connecting him to Russia.

The damage should fall on the reporter and the outlet itself if it turns out to be false, end of. Picking and choosing what to censor will not end up well.

As for you claim that you took the accusations that the Trump campaign colluding with Russia to swing the election with a pinch of salt - bullshít. One quick look at your posting history confirms this.

pTxQpQy.pngp

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Kaleigh McEnanys Twitter account has been locked.

The Press Secretary of the United States has had her account locked. Like, seriously.

They also reduced her followers and Deleted the NY Post - Post. I was following her about an hour ago and suddenly when I went onto her account I was not following her.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Press Secretary of the United States has had her account locked. Like, seriously.

They also reduced her followers and Deleted the NY Post - Post. I was following her about an hour ago and suddenly when I went onto her account I was not following her.

Her account is still there. Maybe she just blocked you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Did you send her Richard pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Well played Twitter.

yawn

Stopped reading when I got to Project Veritas.

• Advertisement

Well played Twitter.

Chilling..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement