Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Why did Donald Trump run for President?
    What qualifications did he have to do so?
    Is he politically astute?

I could go on and on and on.

"Wendy Testaburger has proven time and time again that she will do anything to pleasure her vagina. Whether it is the school football team or the janitors on their break, Wendy spends her time as president on her knees or on her back taking the old in-out for hours on end. Or does she?"

"Or does she?" See, that's a question. I'm asking questions, Stan! I've called for Wendy to come on my show and defend herself, but she won't do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

Overheal wrote: »
    I just find it interesting you enjoyed being able to hold my posting record against me while simultaneously anonymizing yourself, at least once if not multiple times. Bit hypocritical, actually.

Bowing out for tonight. I've tried to be honest in my views and I'll say something honest again. I quickly scanned through your posts and I can admit you were fairly reluctant to jump onto the "TRUMP/PUTIN END OF THE WORLD" stuff, you've gone up a lot in my view because there's dozens upon dozens of posters who were so reprehensibly abhorrent in their conviction.

I just don't stand for censorship - I don't care if the emails are fake. If they are in one day it'll be proven so. I think it's incredibly unfair for dozens upon dozens of garbage stories to be posted attacking the other side to be disseminated with zero fact checking with millions of likes or clicks, only for the corrections to be posted days later and barely nobody notices it.

I really don't care what the political affiliation of people is - when you censor stories in an open society like American is, it's tickling the extremities of nations like NK, China, Russia, Iran whatever it may be, I do not trust the people in charge of that because everyone has bias. I think the GOP and those affiliated with it are more inclined to meet that fate and you may argue that's because their political views are outlandish - but it wasn't that long ago like I've mentioned previously that all that Russia stuff was going on which pretty much destroyed the first two and a half years of Trump's Presidency.

Being perfectly honest - I don't think Trump is fit to be President. I think Biden is a corporate Democrat and I believe all the stuff about him and his son concerning Ukraine and China is true, but I also think that type of carry on is normal in politics, on both sides. I think Harris is very condescending and will do literally anything for power - I do not think if it came to a vote she would get anywhere near the Presidency if she was running her own ticket, but here we are.

Bottom line - as bad as Trump has been, I'd prefer he'd win over the potential situation Harris comes into power.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

A lot of crazy in here tonight.

It's like the second stage of grief or something.

A lot of crazy in here tonight.

It's like the second stage of grief or something.

Aren't you banned from the main politics Trump thread - some man for the condescending posts.

Ah ye, there you are. Good man yourself

D9m6rxI.png

• Registered Users Posts: 38,571 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

"Miniscule of bad press" - such as? Over 200,000 dead, the WH a covid hotspot and Trump still holding superspreader events. None of that is miniscule or bad press, it's pure negligence. Whether it's criminal remains to be seen.
    There's lots more being posted than that. The amount of times I see something like 'another Trump lie' posted and accompanied by a Twitter links is quite large.

• Advertisement

The most watched cable news anchor in the world broadcast this tonight - good stuff - and it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The most watched cable news anchor in the world broadcast this tonight - good stuff - and it's true.

Ahem

Mar a lago Guests
    “The Mar-a-Lago club has turned into a pay-for-access to the president club, with a president with almost no knowledge of governmental policy,” said Robert Weissman, president of Public Citizen, a Washington-based pro-transparency group that has criticised Trump for continuing to profit from his business operations while in office.

Trump Businesses
    The intersections between Trump Inc. and President Trump are everywhere: A Chinese state-owned company was awarded a multimillion dollar contract to help develop a Trump golf course in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, amid a U.S.-China trade war. T-Mobile executives stayed at Trump's Washington hotel while seeking a green light from the federal government for a merger. The IRS commissioner, who refused to release Trump’s tax returns to Congress, collects rent from a pair of Trump condos in Hawaii.

Saudi Arabia
    President Trump has a massive conflict of interest on Saudi Arabia
    The kingdom has been spending money on his hotels since he took office.

Leaders around the world have called for quick action in response to allegations that Saudi Arabia ordered and carried out the torture and killing of Washington Post contributing columnist and permanent U.S. resident Jamal Khashoggi in Turkey. And yet the president of the United States has defended the Saudi royal family, stressed the need for caution and process, and refused to consider curbing arms sales to Saudi Arabia.

Ivanka
    Ivanka Trump’s Chinese trademarks raise questions about potential conflicts of interest

Trump Sons
    A new Texas nonprofit led by Donald Trump’s grown sons is offering access to the freshly-minted president during inauguration weekend — all in exchange for million-dollar donations to unnamed “conservation” charities, according to interviews and documents reviewed by the Center for Public Integrity.

So you're not denying it, thanks for the clarification.

The story isn't even what's important, I guess the censorship went over your head.

So you're not denying it, thanks for the clarification.

The story isn't even what's important, I guess the censorship went over your head.

I don't believe there is censorship. Why would I talk about something I don't believe is happening.

I don't believe there is censorship. Why would I talk about something I don't believe is happening.

You felt the need to post 4 or 5 whataboutery links didn't you. It just sickens me honestly how brazen and moralless people are when it comes to political afflilation.

• Advertisement

You felt the need to post 4 or 5 whataboutery links didn't you. It just sickens me honestly how brazen people are when it comes to political afflilation.

I posted 5 links which covered a topic directly comparable to the single link you posted.

And your reaction is to call it say it's because of political affiliation? Did I write the articles? Did the Democrats? Why don't you discuss them on their merits in comparison with the link you posted?

In very simple terms, Trumps sons set up an organisation to specifically facilitate meetings with Trump in exchange for donations to unnamed charities. And we know how the Trumps treat charities.
    Trump has wired $2 million to pay a court-ordered fine for misusing the Trump Foundation in part to further his business interests and 2016 presidential run, New York Attorney General Letitia James said Tuesday. The money will be distributed to eight charities.

So, what are your thoughts on this? Or do you only want to talk about the unproven rumour of a less serious event which you want us to focus on while, let me guess, you yourself claim no political affiliation? Is that it?

I posted 5 links which covered a topic directly comparable to the single link you posted.

And your reaction is to call it say it's because of political affiliation? Did I write the articles? Did the Democrats? Why don't you discuss them on their merits in comparison with the link you posted?

In very simple terms, Trumps sons set up an organisation to specifically facilitate meetings with Trump in exchange for donations to unnamed charities. And we know how the Trumps treat charities.

So, what are your thoughts on this? Or do you only want to talk about the unproven rumour of a less serious event which you want us to focus on while, let me guess, you yourself claim no political affiliation? Is that it?

Rumour my arse - they came directly off his laptop. Watch the clip I posted, even the first 3 minutes.

Rumour my arse - they came directly off his laptop. Watch the clip I posted, even the first 3 minutes.

This guy says it better than me.

https://twitter.com/howardfineman/status/1316457080476270596

I wouldn't trust Rudy Giuliani's radio at this point. Nor would you if you paid attention to his behaviour over the last couple of years.

Still waiting for thoughts on the Trump Families behaviours in using the office for personal gain. When you're ready.

It would probably interest folks to know that Fox News Channel recently argued in a court of law that "no reasonable person" would take Tucker Carlson seriously.

Fox News won that lawsuit, too. The judge in the case wrote, "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."

Have you seen this laptop? Are there photos of it? Are the files accessible? Who has independently verified it? Has the owner of the laptop been positively identified?

You're just ignoring reality dude, can't help you.

I mean maybe in some random universe, Hunter the corrupt crack addict and navy dropout Biden grew wings and landed some lucrative deal worth millions, thousands of miles from his home town, working a field he has zero expertise in, landed the deal of his life, while his father was VP.

Or maybe Tucker is spot on, which he is - and he normally is - he called Avenatti a fraud to his face exploiting stormy daniels. So ye, if the question is whether I want to go down the road of whataboutery with you and argue meaningless points, or whether I want to believe a story that's been VETTED by someone I know to be a realist, I'll side with tucker.

Give it up christ sake, you'll get more respect that way. Even u2 know it's true, feckin sad stuff.

^ as I said, even a court of law has ruled that no reasonable person would take Tucker Carlson seriously.

I'm sorry, who has vetted the story, and how was it vetted?

^ as I said, even a court of law has ruled that no reasonable person would take Tucker Carlson seriously.

I'm sorry, who has vetted the story, and how was it vetted?

Give it one day, or less even now. If the emails are fake it'll come out in that time. Meanwhile Avenatti is the cnn and msnbc posterboy running for President, isn't he lovely.

Give it one day, or less even now. If the emails are fake it'll come out in that time.

ie. nobody has vetted it, when you previously yelled that it had been.
    So ye, if the question is whether I want to go down the road of whataboutery with you and argue meaningless points, or whether I want to believe a story that's been VETTED by someone I know to be a realist, I'll side with tucker.

ie. nobody has vetted it, when you previously yelled that it had been.

Do you want to put money on whether the emails are real or not? 100 bucks on whatever charity.

We can escrow to some neutral and trusted poster, up to you.

Do you want to put money on whether the emails are real or not? 100 bucks on whatever charity.

We can escrow to some neutral and trusted poster, up to you.

Oh - you're THAT poster.

No thanks. I do not gamble and never have gambled outside of a bit of Poker, and by a bit I mean one or two games at the pub, and one session with my brother about a decade ago at the Daytona Beach greyhound track (and no we didn't bet on dogs we were there for the poker room). Every other time I played poker its @ home with family for coins. I haven't even invested in any stocks; I signed up for RobinHood tho and got 1 share of Macy's, but I don't consider that much of a gamble because I risked nothing.

Betting really adds no substance to the topic itself. I've never required a short term monetary incentive to take a keen interest in my government or its politics.

• Advertisement

Oh - you're THAT poster.

No thanks. I do not gamble and never have gambled outside of a bit of Poker, and by a bit I mean one or two games at the pub, and one session with my brother about a decade ago at the Daytona Beach greyhound track (and no we didn't bet on dogs we were there for the poker room). Every other time I played poker its @ home with family for coins. I haven't even invested in any stocks; I signed up for RobinHood tho and got 1 share of Macy's, but I don't consider that much of a gamble because I risked nothing.

At least you admitted it's a gamble I guess - Like I said earlier you're not the worst.

You're just ignoring reality dude, can't help you.

I mean maybe in some random universe, Hunter the corrupt crack addict and navy dropout Biden grew wings and landed some lucrative deal worth millions, thousands of miles from his home town, working a field he has zero expertise in, landed the deal of his life, while his father was VP.

Or maybe Tucker is spot on, which he is - and he normally is - he called Avenatti a fraud to his face exploiting stormy daniels. So ye, if the question is whether I want to go down the road of whataboutery with you and argue meaningless points, or whether I want to believe a story that's been VETTED by someone I know to be a realist, I'll side with tucker.

Give it up christ sake, you'll get more respect that way. Even u2 know it's true, feckin sad stuff.

What reality is that?
    The one the NY Post and Rudy Giuliani want us to believe?

As for your idol Tucker.
    Tucker Carlson Broadcasts Video Filled With False And Dangerous COVID-19 Claims
    The Fox News host aired part of a video pushing misinformation about the coronavirus that was pulled by Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.

Of course he has played the censorship card himself recently.
    Tucker Carlson Cries Censorship After His COVID-19 Posts Flagged as Misinformation by Facebook, Instagram

Fox themselves don't even believe him.
    Fox News lawyer tells judge that Tucker Carlson's audience doesn't expect him to report the facts

So, what are your thoughts on Trumps use of the office to benefit him, his family and his businesses, or at this point are you going to admit you posted a topic which you don't actually think should be discussed.

At least you admitted it's a gamble I guess - Like I said earlier you're not the worst.

That's not saying much: Any time there is any element of uncertainty, a gamble can be made and uncertainty is everywhere, quite universal.

What reality is that?
    The one the NY Post and Rudy Giuliani want us to believe?

As for your idol Tucker.

The hufffpost has about the same credibility breitbart has.

If you ever bothered to watch Carlson you'd see - obviously you haven't.

Can you perhaps report back to us if there is any information in Tucker's presentation that is new or is it just a dramatization of the report the NY Post already published?

Can you perhaps report back to us if there is any information in Tucker's presentation that is new or is it just a dramatization of the report the NY Post already published?

There is additional information, the laptop itself was dropped into a computer shop with the owner and shop pictured, the hard drive was sent to the F.B.I, then sent to (R) M Lee's office until ultimately being sent to Rudi. It's all in the first 3 minutes.

Why would I watch someone who's own company argued in court that the people who do watch him don't expect him to report the facts.

Does that fact make you think any differently about using him as a source. Think about it, his own company said he doesn't have to report facts. That must hurt you.

Obama doesn't seem to flustered by Trump's constant cries to have him indicted, pointing out that even AG Barr has dismissed the idea, alongside Republicans on these committees..

https://twitter.com/PodSaveAmerica/status/1316534670167691265?s=20

There is additional information, the laptop itself was dropped into a computer shop with the owner pictured, the hard drive was sent to the F.B.I, then sent to (R) M Lee's office until ultimately being sent to Rudi. It's all in the first 3 minutes.

That's all from the New York Post report. Nothing new, hence no need to sift through his bowtie screed.

• Advertisement

Why would I watch someone who's own company argued in court that the people who do watch him don't expect him to report the facts.

That's about the fourth time you've said that..He is more credible than yourself or Overheal..

More so than the story, the media reaction of completely shutting it down is fairly shocking..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement