Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That's about the fourth time you've said that..He is more credible than yourself or Overheal..

Are you sure? Because I've never had to have a court of law affirm that for me.

Overheal wrote: »
    Are you sure? Because I've never had to have a court of law affirm that for me.

They'd struggle to I'm sure if you did..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

Why would I watch someone who's own company argued in court that the people who do watch him don't expect him to report the facts.

Does that fact make you think any differently about using him as a source. Think about it, his own company said he doesn't have to report facts. That must hurt you.

I just look at the mail list from 2016 for Clintons campaign having private cocktails with the title "framing the election" and realize there wasn't a single fox reporter there, good enough for me.

7QGSp7L.png

wN5ENVp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

There is additional information, the laptop itself was dropped into a computer shop with the owner and shop pictured, the hard drive was sent to the F.B.I, then sent to (R) M Lee's office until ultimately being sent to Rudi. It's all in the first 3 minutes.

The laptop was apparently handed in by someone who doesn't appear to have been Hunter Biden.
    Whoever dropped in then didn't return for it.
    The shopper claimed possession using the argument that it had been abandoned.
    He copied the hard drive and sent it to the FBI.
    He then contacted a US senator and a Conservative organisation both who didn't respond to him either.
    Then he went to Giuliani.

If your buying this story, I've got a bridge to sell you.

If your buying this story, I've got a bridge to sell you.

That's fine, we'll know in the next day or so. Like I said to other poster, I'm open to bets.

• Advertisement

That's about the fourth time you've said that..He is more credible than yourself or Overheal..

More so than the story, the media reaction of completely shutting it down is fairly shocking..

Pretty sure neither myself or Overheal's bosses argued in court that we aren't expected to tell the truth.

The media shut it down, even the 'see no evil, hear no evil' hands off company which is Facebook because they recognized the're more holes than plot in this story.

I just look at the mail list from 2016 for Clintons campaign having private cocktails with the title "framing the election" and realize there wasn't a single fox reporter there, good enough for me.

7QGSp7L.png

wN5ENVp.png

Hillary Hillary Hillary!! It's embarrassing at this stage.
    She lost get over it.

Also, you yourself are making stuff up with your 'framing the election' claim. Again, embarrassing.

Hillary Hillary Hillary!! It's embarrassing at this stage.
    She lost get over it.

Also, you yourself are making stuff up with your 'framing the election' claim. Again, embarrassing.

It's not the point I was making - where are the Fox reporters?

You must think everyone is some dope tbh - an off the record cocktail party, very normal and formal :pac:

It's not the point I was making - where are the Fox reporters?

You must think everyone is some dope tbh - an off the record cocktail party :pac:

Probably having dinner with Trump.

Hannity
    President Trump dined at the White House on Wednesday night with Fox News Channel star Sean Hannity, former Fox executive Bill Shine and newly installed White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci to discuss overhauling the West Wing staff and his political strategy, a senior White House official said.

Jeanine Pirro
    Ms. Pirro, the prosecutor-turned-politician-turned-television personality who hosts a weekend show on Fox News, has been friends with Mr. Trump for decades, their careers forged in New York’s tabloid caldron. But these days their relationship is playing out on a bigger stage.

Probably having dinner with Trump.

Hannity

Jeanine Pirro

Fox is the counter balance, I'm fine with it.

• Advertisement

Fox is the counter balance, I'm fine with it.

So you're fine with Fox hosts meeting privately with Trump but Clinton having a reception for up to 50 media people is a problem?

About that Bridge, now, I won't be able to deliver it until the money is in my account, but trust me, it's ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,884 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It never ceases to amaze me how much time and energy political types pour into these topics, like Russiagate and the Hunter Biden nonsense and every other looney conspiracy theory going back to "her emails", that literally nobody other than themselves gives a **** about. And how often the big blockbuster headlines are followed, weeks or months later, with much quieter admissions that there was nothing to it.

Seriously, in a year when the whole country is on fire or getting slammed by record setting weather events, when everyone is losing their jobs and starving because of Covid, when the cost of medical care continues to be a bigger concern to people than actually getting cancer itself, it's mindblowing, and frankly stomach-churning, to me that so much ink is being spilt on complete irrelevancies like this. And yet if you try and talk about overwhelmingly popular policies like medicare for all, or about the possibility of catastrophic climate change the evidence for which is all around us, you are regarded as being childish and unrealistic. And then you're vote-shamed by these same people who are peddling this trivial, obviously self-serving dreck.

So you're fine with Fox hosts meeting privately with Trump but Clinton having a reception for up to 50 media people is a problem?

About that Bridge, now, I won't be able to deliver it until the money is in my account, but trust me, it's ready to go.

Please

As least Trump hasn't persecuted or spied on any of them yet.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/378628-trump-tv-pipeline-is-a-joke-next-to-obamas-media-hires

‘Trump TV pipeline’ is a joke, next to Obama’s media hires

Is there precedent for such decision-making in the Oval Office? Of course. But thanks to the bias of omission, the reader or viewer would never know that the prior administration puts this one to shame for the revolving door from media to the White House and State Department.

In the first four years alone in the Obama administration, more than 25 former reporters joined the team by my count. Yup. 25.

Per the Washington Post in 2013, Richard Stengel, Time magazine’s managing editor was the “latest in long line of reporters who jumped to jobs in Obama administration."

Here's more from that 2013 story, where just one paragraph alone shows how far and wide media members got into the tentacles of the Obama State Department.

You'll also recognize more than a few names, including former journalist Samantha Power, who became U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Please

As least Trump hasn't persecuted or spied on any of them yet.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/378628-trump-tv-pipeline-is-a-joke-next-to-obamas-media-hires

Is there precedent for such decision-making in the Oval Office? Of course. But thanks to the bias of omission, the reader or viewer would never know that the prior administration puts this one to shame for the revolving door from media to the White House and State Department.

In the first four years alone in the Obama administration, more than 25 former reporters joined the team by my count. Yup. 25.

Per the Washington Post in 2013, Richard Stengel, Time magazine’s managing editor was the “latest in long line of reporters who jumped to jobs in Obama administration."

Here's more from that 2013 story, where just one paragraph alone shows how far and wide media members got into the tentacles of the Obama State Department.

You'll also recognize more than a few names, including former journalist Samantha Power, who became U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

What in the name of God are you talking about?

How does a report, 5 years in to Obama's Presidency, about media people leaving their jobs and going to work in the White House imply that people are being persecuted or spied on?

This might be some of that whataboutery you were talking about earlier if I was able to understand what you are saying.

What in the name of God are you talking about?

How does a report, 5 years in to Obama's Presidency, about media people leaving their jobs and going to work in the White House imply that people are being persecuted or spied on?

This might be some of that whataboutery you were talking about earlier if I was able to understand what you are saying.

Mate - you must try harder. Better luck next time

Mate - you must try harder. Better luck next time

Looks like you are as confused as I am about that post. Get some rest. Night night.

Looks like you are as confused as I am about that post. Get some rest. Night night.

The point is obvious, you asked me if I'm concerned if Trump meets with media types behind the scenes, whereas Obama literally filled half his cabinet with them. And not only that, his justice department spied on, and tried to prosecute reporters. I meant to make two points, but ye. Good night

https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-admin-spied-fox-news-reporter-james-rosen-134204299.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHRYeocAwpVIIk1p_VXESsIFRLFWHhAJMfCk4_hdsmaoXffK47-3I4ZQdLL0R3aEoiKCElbJDvgwkwe45ZluNMUp3_tOdEjfs1SG9TDZAngIbHRitH7qHJJbmsIPHv3Xd8BIFd8k83hx_Jmgzgd5rGiCtk44ZzgsDd9LEfJbJimg

"The Justice Department spied extensively on Fox News reporter James Rosen in 2010, collecting his telephone records, tracking his movements in and out of the State Department and seizing two days of Rosen’s personal emails, the Washington Post reported on Monday."

The point is obvious, you asked me if I'm concerned if Trump meets with media types behind the scenes, whereas Obama literally filled half his cabinet with them. And not only that, his justice department spied on, and tried to prosecute reporters. I meant to make two points, but ye. Good night

https://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-admin-spied-fox-news-reporter-james-rosen-134204299.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHRYeocAwpVIIk1p_VXESsIFRLFWHhAJMfCk4_hdsmaoXffK47-3I4ZQdLL0R3aEoiKCElbJDvgwkwe45ZluNMUp3_tOdEjfs1SG9TDZAngIbHRitH7qHJJbmsIPHv3Xd8BIFd8k83hx_Jmgzgd5rGiCtk44ZzgsDd9LEfJbJimg

"The Justice Department spied extensively on Fox News reporter James Rosen in 2010, collecting his telephone records, tracking his movements in and out of the State Department and seizing two days of Rosen’s personal emails, the Washington Post reported on Monday."

A - You do realise that those media people who took jobs with Obama, left their media roles to do so. That's quite different to Trump having a private meeting with a prime time Fox News host.

B - In relation to the Fox reporter being investigated. From Wikipedia
    To obtain the warrants, the Justice Department said he was "accused in a Justice Department affidavit of being a possible criminal 'co-conspirator'" with Stephen Jin-Woo Kim.

Do you think the justice department should not have investigated such a concern?

(Noticed this on Rosen. 'Rosen left Fox News at the end of 2017 in the context of multiple claims that he sexually harassed coworkers.' Fox news do have a type don't they)

A - You do realise that those media people who took jobs with Obama, left their media roles to do so. That's quite different to Trump having a private meeting with a prime time Fox News host.

B - In relation to the Fox reporter being investigated. From Wikipedia

Do you think the justice department should not have investigated such a concern?

(Noticed this on Rosen. 'Rosen left Fox News at the end of 2017 in the context of multiple claims that he sexually harassed coworkers.' Fox news do have a type don't they)

Ignoring the main point as usual - Obama's administration also went after the AP, it wasn't only the Fox reporter. Keep trying to defend it man. A scummber like Acosta was thrown out of a few press conferences, boo fúcking hoo.

https://theweek.com/articles/464430/why-did-obama-administration-spy-associated-press

"The Associated Press on Monday revealed that the Department of Justice had secretly spied on AP reporters, obtaining two months' worth of telephone records in what was most likely an attempt to crack down on internal leaks.

According to the AP, the Justice Department acquired records for more than 20 different phone lines associated with the news agency — including reporters' cell, office, and home lines — that could affect more than 100 staffers. Calling the move a "massive and unprecedented intrusion," AP President and Chief Executive Officer Gary Pruitt demanded that the DOJ explain why it had gone after the records. He also insisted that the government return the phone records and destroy all other copies of them."

Ignoring the main point as usual - Obama's administration also went after the AP, it wasn't only the Fox reporter. Keep trying to defend it man. A scummber like Acosta was thrown out of a few press conferences, boo fúcking hoo.

https://theweek.com/articles/464430/why-did-obama-administration-spy-associated-press

"The Associated Press on Monday revealed that the Department of Justice had secretly spied on AP reporters, obtaining two months' worth of telephone records in what was most likely an attempt to crack down on internal leaks.

According to the AP, the Justice Department acquired records for more than 20 different phone lines associated with the news agency — including reporters' cell, office, and home lines — that could affect more than 100 staffers. Calling the move a "massive and unprecedented intrusion," AP President and Chief Executive Officer Gary Pruitt demanded that the DOJ explain why it had gone after the records. He also insisted that the government return the phone records and destroy all other copies of them."

How am I ignoring stuff when what I am doing is responding directly to the points which you are quoting your posts.

You quoted in relation to Rosen and are annoyed that I responded to that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,571 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I'm no Trump supporter as I'm sure you know but let's imagine this happened during the last four years. You'd be saying it was set up to stop and anti-Trump reporter. Do you deny that you'd be spinning it that way?

I'm not saying the reporter wasn't involved in something. Do you know if the reporter was ever arrested, charged, convicted?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well I'm no Trump supporter as I'm sure you know but let's imagine this happened during the last four years. You'd be saying it was set up to stop and anti-Trump reporter. Do you deny that you'd be spinning it that way?

I'm not saying the reporter wasn't involved in something. Do you know if the reporter was ever arrested, charged, convicted?

I've more than enough posts on politics in this forum and the Politics one itself for you to comment on my views on real life events rather than make belief ones.

What do you expect me to say to this? If I say I wouldn't have doubted the need to investigate it, you'd hardly believe me would you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I thought this was funny & relevant to the discussion. Posted it as a bit of banter, hopefully its OK with the mod team, delete if necessary.

love-2-watch-liberals-squirm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I thought this was funny & relevant to the discussion. Posted it as a bit of banter, hopefully its OK with the mod team, delete if necessary.

That scumbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    That scumbag!

Bosses boss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

New York Post story a desperate attempt at smear, which in reality is one big nothing burger.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It's so funny watching trump supporters trying to win the 2016 election again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

francois wrote: »
    New York Post story a desperate attempt at smear, which in reality is one big nothing burger.

Peddling influence for money while his Dad is was vice president at the time responsible for US policy towards Ukraine . . .

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

salmocab wrote: »
    Bosses boss

scumbags scumbag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

New York Post brings up yesterday's censorship and previous ones.

A very few people can unaccountably shape what you read.
    This is how freedom dies

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/if-unreliable-is-the-issue-why-did-social-media-never-block-anti-trump-stories/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement