Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

I remember going over and convincing our team, others, to convince that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, I guess, the 12th, 13th time to Kiev. And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor. And they didn’t.

So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him. (Laughter.) I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a b!tch. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.

Trump transcript: President discussed alleged Biden corruption with Ukraine leader
    September 25, 2019
    In the conversation, Trump mentions that a Ukrainian prosecutor “was very good and he was shut down and that’s really unfair.”

He then suggested that President Volodymyr Zelensky get in contact with Rudy Giuliani, his personal lawyer, and Attorney General William Barr.

“The other thing,” Trump said, according to the transcript of the July 25 chat, which lasted 30 minutes. “There’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son. That Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the attorney general would be great.

“Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you ·can look into it … It sounds horrible to me,” he said.

Zelensky assured Trump that he would look into the situation.

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Bookies confirm that Bidens odds are the lowest they've ever been. For those arguing that trumps odds were on the way back to evens:

Article

Not looking good for trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Do you ever have any thoughts of your own that don't involve embarrassing youtube videos or articles from tabloid trash?

MurDawg wrote: »
    Bookies confirm that Bidens odds are the lowest they've ever been. For those arguing that trumps odds were on the way back to evens:

Article

Not looking good for trump

IMHO - Trump will win the presidency the Democrats focus is on the senate.

Democrats are trying to flip the Senate in 2020: These are the seats considered up for grabs on Election Day

Harry Reid predicts Democrats will flip the Senate

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

biko wrote: »
    New York Post brings up yesterday's censorship and previous ones.

A very few people can unaccountably shape what you read.
    This is how freedom dies

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/if-unreliable-is-the-issue-why-did-social-media-never-block-anti-trump-stories/

Voting for fascists is how freedom dies.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

This is how freedom dies

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/if-unreliable-is-the-issue-why-did-social-media-never-block-anti-trump-stories/

Politicising the judiciary is how freedom dies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

duploelabs wrote: »

That has been going on forever in the USA.

This is how freedom dies

Twitter’s public policy chief departs to join Joe Biden’s transition team
    September 18, 2020
    According to his LinkedIn profile, Monje began working at Twitter in 2017 after serving in Barack Obama’s White House, as well as on the transition team for former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

source

osarusan wrote: »
    That has been going on forever in the USA.

Compared to other presidents, how many judicial appointments has trump made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,787 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

IMHO - Trump will win the presidency the Democrats focus is on the senate.

[/URL]

Take the challenge - fill in the states and come up with the electoral total that you think gives the Presidency to your candidate, and post here. For the (yellow) swing states, please include how you chose where they went.

https://edition.cnn.com/election/2020/electoral-college-interactive-maps

• Advertisement

See the Judicial Procedures Reform Bill of 1937, after this Roosevelt got his way.

See the Judicial Procedures Reform Bill of 1937, after this Roosevelt got his way.

That doesn't answer my question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Perplexed how anyone can possibly say something like this, thinking it portrays them in a good light;

https://twitter.com/meiselasb/status/1316553061347672064

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Perplexed how anyone can possibly say something like this, thinking it portrays them in a good light;

https://twitter.com/meiselasb/status/1316553061347672064

He probably thinks its good that he referenced Iowa and is showing some connection.

Doesn't matter, he got his point across painting the (false) equivalence of 3 nominations = a win (while also getting the boot in about the validity of that win).

Trump fans will of course pass it of as a stand up guy having a few laughs.. but its in these small examples you see, can almost taste the pure narcissism.

Absolutely and a lot of the problems we see now (the rise of fascism, division of people, constant pitting against each other) is absolutely on the shoulders of fb and twitter et al as for years they have done little about allowing random crap and mistruths to be posted.  

To say that by censoring one NY Post article (and questioning why no anti trump posts are blocked) is beyond disingenuous when they have promoted many, many posts in favour of Trump and all his lies (While also using the data gained from the people who read these posts to sell back to the campaigns to allow them to target them further with even more lies)

They make huge amounts of money from this sh!t show.  They are the only winners in this bloodbath - but no one talks about that really, we all just play the game and post and share tweets and create funny gifs with popcorn and libtards and orangemen all the while lining their pockets and giving away more and more of our society..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

thankfully there are no fascists in this election.

km991148 wrote: »

They make huge amounts of money from this sh!t show.  They are the only winners in this bloodbath - but no one talks about that really, we all just play the game and post and share tweets and create funny gifs with popcorn and libtards and orangemen all the while lining their pockets and giving away more and more of our society..

And we are off..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Censorship is here and everyone seems cool with it. Unelected, unaccountable, bureaucrat Billionaires in Silicon Valley decide what is censorship and what isn't. Ye happy with it, do ye think thats healthy or unhealthy for democracy?

The Russiagaters will be quiet enough on this I hazard to guess.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Censorship is here and everyone seems cool with it. Unelected, unaccountable, bureaucrat Billionaires in Silicon Valley decide what is censorship and what isn't. Ye happy with it, do ye think thats healthy or unhealthy for democracy?

The Russiagaters will be quiet enough on this I hazard to guess.

Yes a big cabal of elites in conspiracy with the deep state and overseen by the lizard people and the illuminati are in control of our minds and only the donald can save us.

/s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Yes a big cabal of elites in conspiracy with the deep state and overseen by the lizard people and the illuminati are in control of our minds and only the donald can save us.

/s

Thats one happy with censorship anyway. Pat on the head for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,691 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Compared to other presidents, how many judicial appointments has trump made?
    As many as he can, same as any other president. Trump got lucky with Supreme Court vacancies, but presidents appoint hundreds of judges.

GWB appointed 262 District court judges, Obama had 268, Trump has 161 so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Ah I am fine with whatever is on social media. I am sure I am influenced like everyone else but I haven't found it too distracting. Every vote local or federal we just wiki each candidate, read any policy or manifesto they officially have, look at their previous jobs and vote on them. I'm in Maine, so I'm getting about 10 flyers a day in my letter box with attack ads(fantastic holograms about Sara gideon not protecting rape victims with a picture of a sad little girl holding a teddy bear),it's all fairly hideous. Definitely endorsing negative ad campaign gets you negative points. They are both doing it somewhat though.Its a real race to the bottom, what a complete waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You may not like it but democracy means people have the right to vote for whomever they think is best.
    Pretty good system don't you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I'd beg to disagree.

New PAC: Christians against Trump. "Not Our Faith" is what they're calling themselves.

https://notourfaith.com/

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Thats one happy with censorship anyway. Pat on the head for you.

No, I'm happy when a story is double verified by normal journalistic standards and the evidence produced, however these stipulations haven't been reached with this NYP story

You may not like it but democracy means people have the right to vote for whomever they think is best.

So you'd be against deliberate tactics to prevent people from voting right?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I don't like it? Quote where I said that please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Igotadose wrote: »
    New PAC: Christians against Trump. "Not Our Faith" is what they're calling themselves.

https://notourfaith.com/

really strikes me as anti-semitism for his support of Israel.

• Advertisement

really strikes me as anti-semitism for his support of Israel.

Where do they mention Israel? I don't think Evangelicals are particulary anti-semitic, but that's a topic for a different thread. Do you?

The page includes fairly vanilla quotes like :
    "The impeachment hearings have illuminated the president’s moral deficiencies for all to see. This damages the institution of the presidency, damages the reputation of our country, and damages both the spirit and the future of our people. None of the president’s positives can balance the moral and political danger we face under a leader of such grossly immoral character.”
    CHRISTIANITY TODAY EDITORIAL, DECEMBER 19, 2019"
    Previous presidents have appealed to religious voters, but Donald Trump has crassly forced himself upon the church, implicating the future of Christianity with his political fortunes. Trump has not just divided Americans; he’s divided Christians and intentionally stoked conflict for his own political benefit.

There'll be a new topic each day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement