Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Overheal wrote: »
    As I pointed out earlier, a lot is said of the user who proudly admitted earlier they can't hold down one user account. It speaks to posting in bad faith.

Or perhaps people that hold "safe" and "moderate" views on things, tend to fall foul of the authorities around here less often! ;)

As is frequently the case out there in the real world too.

"In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive". (Jordan Peterson)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,669 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Does he know Australians can't vote in the US election?

What's amusing (and I know you've seen it) is when Trump users come on the thread to post about "wow look how much good press Trump gets around the world" only for it to be another clip from Sky News Australia, that then gets reshared on some show like Tucker Carlson - both ends of whom work for the same mogul.

Or perhaps people that hold "safe" and "moderate" views on things, tend to fall foul of the authorities around here less often! ;)

"In order to be able to think, you have to risk being offensive". (Jordan Peterson)

mm no, there is already demonstrated dishonesty and inconsistency.

I've seen no indication that either of you are moderate... So who are you referring to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

No, going from your posts on this account it's almost assuredly because you're inconsistent and can't keep your narratives straight. As soon as you didn't like that this Hunter Biden drug story wasn't losing him any support in this thread, you suddenly complained about it being brought up, despite having frequently done so yourself, in incredibly derogatory ways.

Might be time for a new account where you can pretend to be even more consistent and upright?

Sorry I ruffled your feathers, I'm sure those images are just deep fakes like you alluded to earlier and the emails are fake.

As for "suddenly complained about it being brought up" - I'm not sure what's going on in that head of yours, but if it makes you feel better I'm happy for you.

• Advertisement

Haven't read the thread..Let me guess, Overheal and tell me how are extolling the virtues of censorship while calling trump a fascist?..

Sorry I ruffled your feathers, I'm sure those images are just deep fakes like you alluded to earlier and the emails are fake.

As for "suddenly complained about it being brought up" - I'm not sure what's going on in that head of yours, but if it makes you feel better I'm happy for you.

Allow me to refresh your L2 cache:
    Forget Hunter being a drug addict.
    Corrupt crackie Hunter should have hidden his camera from the hookers while he was passed out. Rookie move

Haven't read the thread..

Didn't need that confirmed, honestly. Patently obvious.

francois wrote: »
    Trupm on Cruz

"This guy Ted Cruz is the single biggest liar I have ever dealt with in my life. I mean it. ... He will lie about anything. I've met much tougher people than Ted Cruz. He's like a baby. ... He's like a little baby. Soft, weak, little baby by comparison. But for lying, he's the best I've ever seen. ... A guy like Ted Cruz, he has no clue. He never employed anybody. He's a nasty, nasty guy."

"Ted Cruz, he's seriously — he's got a mental problem. Ted Cruz is a liar. He's got a problem, that he's a liar."

Cruz is a cuck

Kamala Harris on Biden's sexual assault accusers:

"I believe them, and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it"

Harris is an evil bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

I've seen no indication that either of you are moderate... So who are you referring to?

Read it again.

• Advertisement

Even the owner of the news paper that 'broke' the story about Biden's laptop doesn't like Trumps chances.

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1316726505339334656

Wouldn't expect to see this discussed on Fox mind.

This line has got to hurt.

Haven't read the article but has it been 100% verified and confirmed by the people concerned?

If not, why is this allowed on twitter?

Kamala Harris on Biden's sexual assault accusers:

"I believe them, and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it"

Harris is an evil bitch.

April 3, 2019

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) said she believes the women who have come forward alleging that former Vice President Joe Biden touched them without their consent.
    <snip>

“In my many years on the campaign trail and in public life, I have offered countless handshakes, hugs, expressions of affection, support and comfort. And not once — never — did I believe I acted inappropriately,” he said. “If it is suggested I did so, I will listen respectfully. But it was never my intention.”

- so, Biden believes them too. Where is the evil?

April 30, 2019

As for the women these stories haven't been denied:

Caitlyn Caruso, a 22-year-old sexual assault survivor, told The New York Times on Tuesday that when she was a 19-year-old college student, she met Biden at an event on sexual assault at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.

<snip>

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kamala-harris-joe-biden-accusers-i-believe-them_n_5ca4fb96e4b094d3f5c5750f
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-inappropriate-touching-more-allegations_n_5ca40b91e4b094d3f5c34546

I don't see any key reason to disbelieve any of these 4 women? Biden has owned up to the behavior, and it doesn't sound like they were attempted rape like some would have us believe.

Allow me to refresh your L2 cache:

Uh, what's your point?

I said forget him being a drug addict in the context of putting it aside to make another point trying to get direct reply about influence peddling. In other words, in relation to the person I was asking, if you feel it's wrong to criticize a drug addict forget about it, now answer this question about influence peddling and we can leave the morality of feeling sorry for a drug addict out of it since that's the crux of the story.

I really don't get what you're going on about. I'll add "for a second" at the end of my sentence next time when shifting questions just to help out those who have problems comprehending obvious debate language.

CNDN76X.png

Ding ding ding

Where am I "extolling the virtues of censorship?"

Where am I calling Trump a "fascist?"

Provide links please

I'll add "for a second" at the end of my sentence next time when shifting questions just to help out those who have problems comprehending obvious debate language.

No need, just be consistent in the future and you will avoid this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,766 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Haven't read the thread..Let me guess, Overheal and tell me how are extolling the virtues of censorship while calling trump a fascist?..

Who knew that when Trump was talking about Fake News, that it was most likely going to come from him?

Oh wait, we all did.

Glad that you recognize that I identify Trump based on his behaviour. As for the Trump fans, they've moved on decrying the legality of his tax details being published after spending 4 years talking about Hillary's emails. Typing with straight faces while doing so no doubt.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I have no doubt that the pictures are legitimate.

As has already been stipulated , his issues with Drug addiction and the behaviours that leads to are well known and documented.

For dis-information to work it needs to have a bunch of easily verifiably true content seeded with the lies to give the lies a patina of authenticity.

If that single e-mail came out in isolation, not even Rudi Guiliani would believe it (well actually , he probably would , but no one else would).

But, wrap that single Lie in a lovely warm blanket of true (but not surprising) content and all of a sudden people think - "Hey , this might actually be something".

So far , all we have is a single "bad" email - Insofar as it's bad for Joe Biden , the real target , and a bunch of admittedly very embarrassing pictures of Hunter Biden , but they depict a part of his life that has been well documented , as has his recovery from those issues so they wouldn't really do any damage to Joe Biden.

That single email , that we've only seen a picture of and a cropped and adjusted picture at that - Would it not have been easier all round to simply "Save as PDF" ????

The absolute stink of Russian dis-information is palpable.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

You should apologize to everyone in this thread tbh, as it's impossible to say who you think you are smearing. "you guys."

And you want to go off for others on being cowards but you can't even stand behind naming particular people when you want to accuse them of something so heinous. Laughable

Well to be fair if the posts were deleted by the mods or the posters themselves how could Wren post the names ? It's not a choice if they are unable to get the posters names. But if posters choose to delete their posts about wishing the first family dead that's a choice and that's what's hes calling cowardly if I'm reading it right.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Fair post. Maybe some or all of the emails are fake - it's possible, but I heard the exact same arguments back in 2016. People couldn't deny that the emails as a whole were real so they started suggesting that the most salacious ones showing corruption were fakes thrown in with the real batch.

Time will tell - personally I think what's been shown so far are real or they would have been disputed directly by the campaign. I also don't get the Russia part, wasn't his laptop left off at an American computer shop, then the hard drive was given to the FBI then later Guiliani?

I have no doubt that the pictures are legitimate.

As has already been stipulated , his issues with Drug addiction and the behaviours that leads to are well known and documented.

For dis-information to work it needs to have a bunch of easily verifiably true content seeded with the lies to give the lies a patina of authenticity.

If that single e-mail came out in isolation, not even Rudi Guiliani would believe it (well actually , he probably would , but no one else would).

But, wrap that single Lie in a lovely warm blanket of true (but not surprising) content and all of a sudden people think - "Hey , this might actually be something".

So far , all we have is a single "bad" email - Insofar as it's bad for Joe Biden , the real target , and a bunch of admittedly very embarrassing pictures of Hunter Biden , but they depict a part of his life that has been well documented , as has his recovery from those issues so they wouldn't really do any damage to Joe Biden.

That single email , that we've only seen a picture of and a cropped and adjusted picture at that - Would it not have been easier all round to simply "Save as PDF" ????

Even if you assume the release is true, it's an email which was never replied to, referencing a meeting which nobody can corroborate. What's alongside it is a Hunter Biden 'peepee tape,' to give it more clicks.

There's nothing here, applying roughly the same standard as the Trump Tower Meeting with Russians, where Trump Jr. et al. actually acknowledged the meeting took place. And you can see how little it's done to Trump's support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,766 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Well to be fair if the posts were deleted by the mods or the posters themselves how could Wren post the names ? It's not a choice if they are unable to get the posters names. But if posters choose to delete their posts about wishing the first family dead that's a choice and that's what's hes calling cowardly if I'm reading it right.

If posters had posted such sentiment, and they weren't deleted by mods, it is pretty much guaranteed that they would have been quoted and responded to and as such would still exist on the thread. Deleting your post does not extract it from others who have quoted it.
    Again, if they had seen fit to remove posts, they would have then posted such a warning which would still be here to be read. Are there mod warnings to tell people not to post such content?

The absence of evidence in this way goes a long way to indicate evidence of absence.

SexBobomb wrote: »

It's an unverifiable, petty swipe at other users in lieu of any substantive counter argument. It is cowardice. The only fair thing would be to not throw around accusations that can't be proven.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Even if you assume the release is true, it's an email which was never replied to, referencing a meeting which nobody can corroborate. What's alongside it is a Hunter Biden 'peepee tape,' to give it more clicks.

There's nothing here, applying roughly the same standard as the Trump Tower Meeting with Russians, where Trump Jr. et al. actually acknowledged the meeting took place. And you can see how little it's done to Trump's support.

It's everything about it from beginning to end.

Of all the many PC Repair shops likely available to him "Hunter Biden" just happens to pick the one run by a Trump Supporting Conspiracy theorist??

That guy in turn happens to have a "friend" , who he refuses to name , who advises him to make a copy of the data. This friend also just happens to know how to get in touch with Rudi Guiliani through his personal attorney??

Really??????

Of all the many PC Repair shops likely available to him "Hunter Biden" just happens to pick the one run by a Trump Supporting Conspiracy theorist??

That guy in turn happens to have a "friend" , who he refuses to name , who advises him to make a copy of the data. This friend just happens to know how to get in touch with Rudi Guilianis personal attorney??

Really??????

Oh no yeah, the hard drive is a total plant. This story is all about serving plausible deniability when it ends up in court.

That guy in turn happens to have a "friend" , who he refuses to name , who advises him to make a copy of the data. This friend just happens to know how to get in touch with Rudi Guilianis personal attorney??

Really??????

Hasn't the store owner been named?

It shouldn't be that difficult to get in contact with Guiliani - his office phone number is listed here

https://www.bloomberg.com/profile/company/155702Z:US

It's true the official story sounds fishy, especially given Guiliani was hunting in the Ukraine for information initially then just came upon a treasure trove.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Again, if they had seen fit to remove posts, they would have then posted such a warning which would still be here to be read. Are there mod warnings to tell people not to post such content?

The absence of evidence in this way goes a long way to indicate evidence of absence.

There is a mod warning on the first post of that thread.

A user on far-right message board TheDonald.win, was reportedly promoting several unreliable New York Post articles on Hunter Biden days before they were even published, according to the progressive watchdog group Media Matters for America.

The Post claimed that they obtained emails from an abandoned computer that prove Hunter connected a Ukrainian businessman and fellow board member at gas company Burisma with his father and former Vice President Joe Biden.

The emails were allegedly found on the hard drive of a computer that was left at a Delaware repair shop in 2019. The store owner then gave a copy of the hard drive to Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer — deeming any information on it relatively sketchy.

Despite the fact that the story broke on Oct. 14, an account on TheDonald.win named “Freedom_USA_88,” which presumably references the “white supremacist numerical code for ‘Heil Hitler,’” was repeatedly posting threads that said a story about Biden was dropping on that day.

The user told fellow TheDonald.win users that a “huge story about Biden will break that will end his campaign,” encouraging people to tell undecided voters “to wait to vote until after Wednesday.” The user also claimed to know the parties involved in the Post’s story and that he was “authorized to drop a hint” about it.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/user-on-far-right-message-board-reportedly-promoted-the-ny-posts-hunter-biden-story-days-before-it-was-published/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Oh no yeah, the hard drive is a total plant. This story is all about serving plausible deniability when it ends up in court.

I can't speak to the veracity of this but it does look like the whole thing stinks.
    https://twitter.com/spdustin/status/1316621229751762945

Hasn't the store owner been named?

It shouldn't be that difficult to get in contact with Guiliani - his office phone number is listed here

https://www.bloomberg.com/profile/company/155702Z:US

It's true the official story sounds fishy, especially given Guiliani was hunting in the Ukraine for information initially then just came upon a treasure trove.

It's also the fact that he apparently has had this information for at least a year but chose not to use it either as part of the Trump Defence in the Impeachment hearing or by providing it to Chuck Grassley and the Senate investigation that wrapped up a few weeks back.

That email if true, would have blown a hole a mile wide in the impeachment argument or if given to Grassley he at least would have been able to have something of relevance to actually annouce

We've had multiple investigations and hearings trying to validate Trumps view-point that Ukraine and the Democratic party have been out to get him and so far each and every one was fallen almost entirely flat.

Yet we are expected to believe that Rudi Guiliani , consiglieri (if you believe Rudi) to the President sat on this absolute scorcher for a year whilst every other effort landed like a wet fart?

As they say - it just doesn't pass the sniff test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I can't speak to the veracity of this but it does look like the whole thing stinks.
    https://twitter.com/spdustin/status/1316621229751762945

The best people....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement