Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,669 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I can't speak to the veracity of this but it does look like the whole thing stinks.
    https://twitter.com/spdustin/status/1316621229751762945

That thread is interesting. Evidence that the information was cooked up while the Impeachment Inquiry, and Rudy's hellbent focus into Hunter Biden, was going on:

https://twitter.com/spdustin/status/1316635326396461057?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Overheal wrote: »
    No, going from your posts on this account it's almost assuredly because you're inconsistent and can't keep your narratives straight. As soon as you didn't like that this Hunter Biden drug story wasn't losing him any support in this thread, you suddenly complained about it being brought up, despite having frequently done so yourself, in incredibly derogatory ways.

Might be time for a new account where you can pretend to be even more consistent and upright?

Why would it lose him any support in this thread? lol

Are we pretending that most people contributing here, are open to having their minds changed at this stage? Come on now, lets not be naive Overheal. :pac:

I'm willing to believe, there are plenty of people reading this forum (but not actively posting) that are open enough to changing their minds one way or the other... but most people posting here have pretty much already picked their team... head down, kamikaze style right to end! :P

Probably why I take this thread with one giant pinch of salt most days tbh! :D

I can't speak to the veracity of this but it does look like the whole thing stinks.
    https://twitter.com/spdustin/status/1316621229751762945

So twitter are allowing this unverified rebuke of a story they deemed unsuitable because it wasn't verified.

Seems fair and consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,766 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Why would it lose him any support in this thread? lol

Are we pretending that most people contributing here, are open to having their minds changed at this stage? Come on now, lets not be naive Overheal. :pac:

I'm willing to believe, there are plenty of people reading this forum (but not actively posting) that are open enough to changing their minds one way or the other... but most people posting here have pretty much already picked their team... head down, kamikaze style right to end! :P

Probably why I take this thread with one giant pinch of salt most days tbh! :D

Anyone open to changing their minds as to their preferred candidate for the US Presidency election are not reading this thread.

If they were interested enough to read such a thread, they'd have paid attention in real life and never before has the competencies and motivations of both candidates been so visibly on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So twitter are allowing this unverified rebuke of a story they deemed unsuitable because it wasn't verified.

Seems fair and consistent.

twitter is not allowing the story to be linked to because it is unverified. they are not allowing the story to be linked to because the information was stolen.

• Advertisement

Giuliani can't keep his own story straight

Per MediaITE:
    President Donald Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani changed the story of how Hunter Biden’s laptop was acquired on SiriusXM Patriot’s The David Webb Show, Thursday.

“The process was that the laptop was left by Hunter Biden, in an inebriated… heavily inebriated state with the merchant,” claimed Giuliani on the show. “The merchant fixed the laptop, tried to reach Hunter Biden and Hunter Biden never came back for it.”

“The document that I have signed by Hunter Biden says that after 90 days the hard drive is abandoned and it becomes the property of the merchant. Sometime after it became his property, he became very suspicious that maybe he had evidence of a crime sitting in his office,” he went on. “So he listened to it and he found that he did.”

Giuliani declared, “He had legal possession of it. He legally turned it over to the FBI, and then he legally turned it over to my lawyer. It’s now his property. He can do what he wants with it. Now, why are they so sensitive about this? When they were more than willing to publish stolen tax returns — not legally obtained — stolen tax returns on the President of the United States.”

“They say it was hacked. It hasn’t been hacked. He never even bothered to find out if it was hacked,” he added.

Giuliani appeared to change the story, however.

According to the New York Post’s report this week, “The shop owner couldn’t positively identify the customer as Hunter Biden, but said the laptop bore a sticker from the Beau Biden Foundation, named after Hunter’s late brother and former Delaware attorney general.”

There was no mention of an inebriated Biden being confirmed as the man who dropped off the laptop, or that Biden signed the form relinquishing ownership if it wasn’t picked up within 90 days.

The New York Post’s controversial article on Biden’s laptop was censored by Facebook and Twitter on Wednesday, with Twitter citing its “Hacked Materials Policy.”

Listen above via SiriusXM Patriot’s The David Webb Show.
    https://www.mediaite.com/radio/rudy-giuliani-changes-laptop-story-now-claims-hunter-biden-left-it-at-store/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

twitter is not allowing the story to be linked to because it is unverified. they are not allowing the story to be linked to because the information was stolen.

Do you believe Trump's taxes were obtained legally?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Fair post. Maybe some or all of the emails are fake - it's possible, but I heard the exact same arguments back in 2016. People couldn't deny that the emails as a whole were real so they started suggesting that the most salacious ones showing corruption were fakes thrown in with the real batch.

Time will tell - personally I think what's been shown so far are real or they would have been disputed directly by the campaign. I also don't get the Russia part, wasn't his laptop left off at an American computer shop, then the hard drive was given to the FBI then later Guiliani?

Russia hack Hunters system and get the photos etc.

They then rig up a "water damaged" mac containing said files along with their planted info and send a looky-likey in to drop off the system.

The shop owner claims to not have been able to confirm the identity of the person dropping off the mac.

But even so - I wouldn't call Hunter Biden all that distinctive , he's a fairly generic "early to mid 40's J-Crew Model" type to me.

Some dark haired guy comes in to a shop run by a man with a medical condition meaning that he apparently can't confirm who he saw and says " Hi I'm Hunter Biden , can you take a look at my system please?"

Who's to know who the hell it was.

The shop is nowhere near where Hunter Biden lived in Delaware - He now lives in LA but I can't find out when exactly he moved , certainly some time in 2019 , but I can't find a specific date.

So the potential for Hunter to go there is slim.

If he was going to an "out of the way" place to get the system fixed because he knew it had a bunch of well dodgy stuff on it then he wouldn't have bloody forgotten about it , so why would he go there?

what crimes are said to be proven by the info on the hard drive?

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Russia hack Hunters system and get the photos etc.

They then rig up a "water damaged" mac containing said files along with their planted info and send a looky-likey in to drop off the system.

The shop owner claims to not have been able to confirm the identity of the person dropping off the mac.

But even so - I wouldn't call Hunter Biden all that distinctive , he's a fairly generic "early to mid 40's J-Crew Model" type to me.

Some dark haired guy comes in to a shop run by a man with a medical condition meaning that he apparently can't confirm who he saw and says " Hi I'm Hunter Biden , can you take a look at my system please?"

Who's to know who the hell it was.

The shop is nowhere near where Hunter Biden lived in Delaware - He now lives in LA but I can't find out when exactly he moved , certainly some time in 2019 , but I can't find a specific date.

So the potential for Hunter to go there is slim.

If he was going to an "out of the way" place to get the system fixed because he knew it had a bunch of well dodgy stuff on it then he wouldn't have bloody forgotten about it , so why would he go there?

Well if you listen to Rudy today he now says it was definitely hunter and that he was "heavily inebriated" :rolleyes:

really sexing up the story for drive-time listeners who don't take time to process whats being said or how authentic it is. Then again, they have to know they're listening to Rudy Giuliani.

https://www.mediaite.com/radio/rudy-giuliani-changes-laptop-story-now-claims-hunter-biden-left-it-at-store/

• Advertisement

None as far as I can tell, the only "smoking gun" they demonstrated was an email with no metadata presented as a photo generated the day before the report published that Hunter may have arranged a handshake with his dad for some Ukrainian, and no evidence that Hunter was aware of or responded to such an email in any case. No activity that would appear to be breaking any law. Side note: how many handshakes have the Trump children arranged?

Crimes are "proven" in court. There's allegations of corruption and lying. Joe Biden previously claimed he had nothing to do with his son gaining a seat on Burisma's board nor ever meeting them, the alleged emails show Burisma directly requested access to Joe Biden and met with both in DC.

"The never-before-revealed meeting is mentioned in a message of appreciation that Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the board of Burisma, allegedly sent Hunter Biden on April 17, 2015, about a year after Hunter joined the Burisma board at a reported salary of up to $50,000 a month.

“Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” the email reads.

An earlier email from May 2014 also shows Pozharskyi, reportedly Burisma’s No. 3 exec, asking Hunter for “advice on how you could use your influence” on the company’s behalf."

Crimes are "proven" in court. There's allegations of corruption and lying. Joe Biden previously claimed he had nothing to do with his son gaining a seat on Burisma's board nor ever meeting them, the alleged emails show Burisma directly requested access to Joe Biden and met with both in DC.

"The never-before-revealed meeting is mentioned in a message of appreciation that Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the board of Burisma, allegedly sent Hunter Biden on April 17, 2015, about a year after Hunter joined the Burisma board at a reported salary of up to $50,000 a month.

“Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” the email reads.

An earlier email from May 2014 also shows Pozharskyi, reportedly Burisma’s No. 3 exec, asking Hunter for “advice on how you could use your influence” on the company’s behalf."

what crime is that exactly? getting your son a job is not a crime. what actual corruption was involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,806 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

what crime is that exactly? getting your son a job is not a crime. what actual corruption was involved?

Luckily for DonDon :pac:

It's Giuliani and Co, the GOP playing their long con(spiracy theory) that Joe Biden was engaged in pay to play.

Meanwhile not a peep of concern from them about the millions of dollars from foreign officials being poured into the Trump DC Hotel or Mar a Lago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,633 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

It's Giuliani and Co, the GOP playing their long con(spiracy theory) that Joe Biden was engaged in pay to play.

Meanwhile not a peep of concern from them about the millions of dollars from foreign officials being poured into the Trump DC Hotel or Mar a Lago.

All part of the "they all do it" message critical to all GOP campaigning. It's ok to be openly dishonest and venal but HEY LOOK OVER THERE THERE'S A DEAD FETUS!

Biden claims he never spoke to his son about his business dealings, either in Ukraine or China. It's influence peddling akin to pay for play. If he did nothing wrong why does he continuously lie about it?

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/09/21/joe-biden-never-talked-ukraine-son-trump-needs-investigated/2401830001/

"Former Vice President Joe Biden said Saturday he hasn't spoken to his son Hunter Biden about his overseas businesses while forcefully calling again for an investigation into President Donald Trump's July phone call with Ukraine's president.

“I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings,” Biden said. “Here’s what I know. Trump should be investigated.”

“You should be looking at Trump," Biden told reporters in Des Moines shortly after arriving at the Polk County Steak Fry, an annual Democratic fundraiser. “He’s doing this because he knows I’ll beat him like a drum. And he’s using an abuse of power and every element of the presidency to try to smear me ... Ask the right questions.”"

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/hunter-bidens-legal-socially-acceptable-corruption/598804/

"Biden was one of the most vocal champions of anticorruption efforts in the Obama administration. So when this same Biden takes his son with him to China aboard Air Force Two, and within days Hunter joins the board of an investment advisory firm with stakes in China, it does not matter what father and son discussed. Joe Biden has enabled this brand of practice, made it bipartisan orthodoxy. And the ethical standard in these cases—people’s basic understanding of right and wrong—becomes whatever federal law allows. Which is a lot.

Who among us has not admired or supported people who have engaged in or provided cover for this kind of corruption? How did we convince ourselves it was not corruption? Impeachment alone will not end our national calamity. If we want to help our country heal, we must start holding ourselves, our friends, and our allies—and not just our enemies—to its highest standards."

Igotadose wrote: »
    All part of the "they all do it" message critical to all GOP campaigning. It's ok to be openly dishonest and venal but HEY LOOK OVER THERE THERE'S A DEAD FETUS!

That's really what it's all about, though.

If the Trump administration was just left admitting that Biden was totally above board and they found so little wrong they won't even be filing a report, Trump would be handing Biden over the election.

Biden claims he never spoke to his son about his business dealings, either in Ukraine or China. It's influence peddling akin to pay for play. If he did nothing wrong why does he continuously lie about it?

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/09/21/joe-biden-never-talked-ukraine-son-trump-needs-investigated/2401830001/

"Former Vice President Joe Biden said Saturday he hasn't spoken to his son Hunter Biden about his overseas businesses while forcefully calling again for an investigation into President Donald Trump's July phone call with Ukraine's president.

“I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings,” Biden said. “Here’s what I know. Trump should be investigated.”

“You should be looking at Trump," Biden told reporters in Des Moines shortly after arriving at the Polk County Steak Fry, an annual Democratic fundraiser. “He’s doing this because he knows I’ll beat him like a drum. And he’s using an abuse of power and every element of the presidency to try to smear me ... Ask the right questions.”"

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/hunter-bidens-legal-socially-acceptable-corruption/598804/

"Biden was one of the most vocal champions of anticorruption efforts in the Obama administration. So when this same Biden takes his son with him to China aboard Air Force Two, and within days Hunter joins the board of an investment advisory firm with stakes in China, it does not matter what father and son discussed. Joe Biden has enabled this brand of practice, made it bipartisan orthodoxy. And the ethical standard in these cases—people’s basic understanding of right and wrong—becomes whatever federal law allows. Which is a lot.

Who among us has not admired or supported people who have engaged in or provided cover for this kind of corruption? How did we convince ourselves it was not corruption? Impeachment alone will not end our national calamity. If we want to help our country heal, we must start holding ourselves, our friends, and our allies—and not just our enemies—to its highest standards."

assuming the emails are not fakes, and I have seen nothing to suggest they are real, what evidence of a crime is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

The key thing here, is making it look like you have something big... you don't actually have to prove it beyond reasonable doubt before the election is over.

Just make it look like you could... maybe... possibly... have a big juicy fish on the line! :P

Remember Hillary was definitely going to the slammer after the 2016 election? And yet here she is... still waltzing around in her ugly pant suits telling anyone who will listen just how bad big old Donny is! (Sad violin for poor Hillary)

This is politics. Even when it's clean, it's still filthy! ;)

• Advertisement

assuming the emails are not fakes, and I have seen nothing to suggest they are real, what evidence of a crime is there?

If Don JR got a new job working in Ukraine for a gas company while Trump was still in power, and Trump was pushing his influence on certain Ukrainian Politicians or forcing certain prosecutors to be fired, you think that would be acceptable?

Do you think it's acceptable for an high up political figure to be publicly stating you have zero involvement in your sons business dealings, while in the background you are negotiating financial deals benefiting your family with the communist Chinese?

In my eyes it's corruption - but if the line in the sand is he can't actually be prosecuted for it in court and you're fine with that then so be it. Generally people don't hand over large sums of money for nothing in return.

I've answered your questions. Now answer mine which you ignored the first time. Do you think the person or entity who gave the New York Times Trump's tax returns obtained them legally?

If Don JR got a new job working in Ukraine for a gas company while Trump was still in power, and Trump was pushing his influence on certain Ukrainian Politicians or forcing certain prosecutors to be fired, you think that would be acceptable?

but here is the thing. the supposed meeting with Joe took place AFTER Hunter was already working for Burisma. and plenty of people wanted that prosecutor fired.

but here is the thing. the supposed meeting with Joe took place AFTER Hunter was already working for Burisma. and plenty of people wanted that prosecutor fired.

I've answered your questions.

Please answer mine - third time.
    Do you think the person or entity who gave the New York Times Trump's tax returns obtained them legally?

The key thing here, is making it look like you have something big... you don't actually have to prove it beyond reasonable doubt before the election is over.

Just make it look like you could... maybe... possibly... have a big juicy fish on the line! :P

Remember Hillary was definitely going to the slammer after the 2016 election? And yet here she is... still waltzing around in her ugly pant suits telling anyone who will listen just how bad big old Donny is! (Sad violin for poor Hillary)

This is politics. Even when it's clean, it's still filthy! ;)

Well at least we all agree that as far as facts go the story is a pile of dung, presented with a little polish and RGB lighting to try and sway votes. I see it backfiring on them though, I think it will become a story about Giuliani and Parnas and his other spy buddies trying to manipulate the election to suit Russia.

I've answered your questions.

Please answer mine - third time.

you have certainly given your opinion usually in the form of questions. i wouldn't go as far as to say you have answered anything I asked.

to answer your question, i haven't got a clue if they were obtained legally.

you have certainly given your opinion usually in the form of questions. i wouldn't go as far as to say you have answered anything I asked.

to answer your question, i haven't got a clue if they were obtained legally.

If they were obtained legally it would have went through the courts, they'd be public record - obviously it wasn't legal.

You claim censorship is fine because, quote, "the information was stolen". Yet when it comes to Trump's stolen tax returns being published there's no problem.

Fv3rlhX.png

If they were obtained legally it would have went through the courts, they'd be public record - obviously it wasn't legal.

You claim censorship is fine because, quote, "the information was stolen". Yet when it comes to Trump's stolen tax returns being published there's no problem.

Do you know they were stolen?

Fv3rlhX.png

one difference i suppose is that we know the trump tax returns are not forgeries and part of a disinformation campaign. And i never said censorship was fine. please quote where i said that or withdraw the accusation.

Do you know they were stolen?

Yes - no court record. Then again they might have fell from a pigs arse out of the sky.

• Advertisement

one difference i suppose is that we know the trump tax returns are not forgeries and part of a disinformation campaign. And i never said censorship was fine. please quote where i said that or withdraw the accusation.

The implication is there - you posted twitters justification without hesitation. So no, you're grand.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement