Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

https://twitter.com/robbysoave/status/1316482515687833600

You'd wonder if the censors ever heard of the Streisand effect. They have opened up a can of worms around the US communications decency act law section 230 that both Democrats and Republicans have been looking for.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Twitter saying they don't want to link to these hacked Biden images. Kinda gives them an excuse for me, until they trip up again ha :)

I don't seem to remember the dossier being censored, and that was published in full. Nor do I remember the "losers" story being censored, despite the fact that many people who were in attendance on the record denied it ever happened, including Trump enemies like John Bolton. Nobody on the record substantiated it.

It's fine we can agree to disagree, but I do think there's a massive double standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

There's a sickness in the soul of someone who would post that, that no amount of logic and reason will ever overcome. "Be best" as the first lady might say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,665 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't seem to remember the dossier being censored, and that was published in full. Nor do I remember the "losers" story being censored, despite the fact that many people who were in attendance on the record denied it ever happened, including Trump enemies like John Bolton. Nobody on the record substantiated it.

It's fine we can agree to disagree, but I do think there's a massive double standard.

You have the peepee tape? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Overheal wrote: »
    You're talking gibberish at this stage, because your argument is indefensible.

Fact is there is no resolution from the poll as to why those asked said they were better off, whether they were for economic reasons, lifestyle reasons, personal life events like getting married or having a child, moving to a different home address, leaving a toxic relationship, earning a degree, etc.

All we know is, that when asked, 56% of people asked said they were better off. No specifics were asked, no specifics were given.

Yeah, here we go again... it's always about winning isn't it? I'm right, you're wrong - "gotcha". :rolleyes:

You used the word "nuance". I wonder do you ever give any thought to the notion that there doesn't always need to be a clear winner or loser when discussing a point? Both sides of an argument can contain some element/degree of truth. Does this nuance ever cross your mind?

Or is everything just black and white with you?

It's a general question, fair enough. That has its flaws - true. But it also has its strengths too. General questions get general answers... so it could be seen as a sort of aggregate of your overall life experiences throughout the last 4 years. The virus will be factored into people's answers, as will the economy, as will their team winning the super bowl... obviously we know the virus has had a devastating effect on society across the board from many different perspectives. So 56% seems not too bad in that context. (Just my opinion though)

• Advertisement

There's a sickness in the soul of someone who would post that, that no amount of logic and reason will ever overcome. "Be best" as the first lady might say.

SNL would be in the process of making their next skit if the roles were reversed, give over.

It's a general question, fair enough. That has its flaws - true.

You finally got there.
    But it also has its strengths too. General questions get general answers... so it could be seen as a sort of aggregate of your overall life experiences throughout the last 4 years. The virus will be factored into people's answers, as will the economy, as will their team winning the super bowl... obviously we know the virus has had a devastating effect on society across the board from many different perspectives. So 56% seems not too bad in that context. (Just my opinion though)

Sure, it's definitely not a bad result for Trump and Gallup illustrates that in their reporting by having asked the same question of voters this time of the cycle in many other elections, and 56% is a high performance metric for the ask.

Do I care about "The e c o n o m y?" I mean honestly no, I'm an engineer but job security is why I chose this career, it's pretty politically agnostic. And I still do a lot of things paycheck to paycheck and so do many other voters, if Apple grows by 8% or 2% this year, it doesn't do anything appreciable or measurable to impact my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The Bidens: great crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

And that's probably not an outlandish accusation against say Twitter. Probably loads of left leaning liberal snowflakes (or whatever I'm called :) ) like myself working there.

But what's the plan now if we agree on this, would you agree it's off topic for these threads to be constantly derailed about shouts of MSM and Twitter being bias? Whats the end goal? Force private companies to be unbiased?

I just feel it's all a big distraction. And Trump loves creating these battles, as I don't think he has much of substance to say. He's been harping on about section 230 all year. Sorting out Twitter. His fans cheering him on. What's the plan? He's the POTUS. The most I've seen him do is Tweet about it. :confused:

SNL would be in the process of making their next skit if the roles were reversed, give over.

"going to the gutter is okay because everyone is doing it!"

• Advertisement

The Bidens: great crack.

Doesn't translate to American :P

Are we doing this though? Going after the vice president's son for his past drug addiction?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Same poster was lamenting how cruel people were to poor Donald after he caught the Covid earlier. :rolleyes:

It's very sad for America that these are the two options. The absolute state of them.

Are we doing this though? Going after the vice president's son for his past drug addiction?

It's ugly but there has been no holds barred on Trump

Same poster was lamenting how cruel people were to poor Donald after he caught the Covid earlier. :rolleyes:

Wishing death on someone or mocking someone's dead Parent are definitely in the same league.

There's no such thing as "past" drug addiction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,245 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's very sad for America that these are the two options. The absolute state of them.

The world needs Trump now more than they realize, he'll burst down walls to get America and the rest of us out of this mess of a China virus.

There's a such thing as a recovered addict, do you judge every person for substance abuse issues and also tar their parents?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

So the poor guy is still sufferring from the disease? I have nothing but sympathy for him.

The world needs Trump now more than they realize, he'll burst down walls to get America and the rest of us out of this mess of a China virus.

Is he building walls or bursting them down? Pick a lane.

• Advertisement

There's a such thing as a recovered addict, do you judge every person for substance abuse issues and also tar their parents?

I mean I think you've seen many of the comments about "thugs" and "scumbags" on the BLM thread(s)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wishing death on someone or mocking someone's dead Parent are definitely in the same league.

Like perhaps talking out full page advertisements in national newspapers calling for the death penalty on young men ? Paid for out of your own pocket.

I'd long worry about the average or poor person who actually has a tough life than some silver spoon baby if that's what you're getting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Trump has really cornered the market in doubts fears and paranoia. We are down to Biden being vaguely bad because he had a son who suffered from addiction. When we all stop believing in him will he melt and turn into a spirit that will fly into the vapour shrieking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

I just hit the like on this comment, so I can ruin any plans you had for clean sweep of likes from the Biden groupies in here... you'll have to look at my name there too! It's completely tainted now... :D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Doing a great job of it so far icon14.png

5% of the world's population, 25% of the world China virus deaths

What's it like living in that little fantasy world of yours?

listermint wrote: »
    Like perhaps talking out full page advertisements in national newspapers calling for the death penalty on young men ? Paid for out of your own pocket.

I'm sure if you were in the position of having a family member murdered and seeing the perpetrator smile at you in court you'd feel the same way.

I - kinda wanna vomit. This is the President of the United States bragging about an extrajudicial killing.

https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1316805121133760516?s=20

"They knew who we was, they didn't want to arrest him. And 15 minutes ~ that ended ... anywhaaaah(?!)"

In reference to this killing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/10/reinoehl-portland-antifa-killing-police/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,152 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    And that's probably not an outlandish accusation against say Twitter. Probably loads of left leaning liberal snowflakes (or whatever I'm called :) ) like myself working there.

But what's the plan now if we agree on this, would you agree it's off topic for these threads to be constantly derailed about shouts of MSM and Twitter being bias? Whats the end goal? Force private companies to be unbiased?

I just feel it's all a big distraction. And Trump loves creating these battles, as I don't think he has much of substance to say. He's been harping on about section 230 all year. Sorting out Twitter. His fans cheering him on. What's the plan? He's the POTUS. The most I've seen him do is Tweet about it. :confused:

Big Twitter outage now - is Putin trying to teach them a lesson?

https://downdetector.com/status/twitter/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'd long worry about the average or poor person who actually has a tough life than some silver spoon baby if that's what you're getting at.

His mother and sister died in a car accident when he was a small child, in which he and his brother were also seriously injured. His brother died of cancer. Maybe he tried to escape those losses with drugs, like so many do when they have past traumas in their lives, no matter what income bracket they come from.

You think only poor people have vices? Sure Trump's own brother died from alcoholism - his money didn't save him from his demons. You up for mocking him too?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement