Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

MadYaker wrote: »
    Trump is clearly lying about when he first tested positive.

or if he ever was or when it started or when it ended or he is telling the truth.. anything can go!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭threeball

Did anyone watch The Trump Show on BBC2 last night. The whole administration is wackier than even all the mad sh1t we've heard up to now. Sending him on a tour of the states to boost his ego as he was floundering so badly after the election, Sacking Bannon because he got a Times magazine cover and Trump was unhappy it took the limelight from him, FFS. Its hard to imagine he could have been worse as a child, surely he's done the opposite to most people and regressed as he got older, like a badly behaved Benjamin Button.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

km991148 wrote: »
    It was an open goal - wide open, easy question.. but in the words of Trump.. what a loser.. LOS-ER.

All he had to do was say something strong to say he wasn't in favour and BOOM - all the headlines would be about that.. except hew can't. .. not because of a conspiracy, not because off "the main stream media" and all their various agendas but because he now is reliant on not upsetting a bunch of extremists.

Occam's razor applies, the answer with the least assumptions..

And the fact that this was the top thing that came out of the 1st debate, he should have been ready and able to knock it on the head.

Greta is making it look like a great 'gotcha' question, out of left field, when it was inevitable that he would be asked given his answer in the 1st debate, his then claim that he was against them to the press afterwards. So which to believe. She handed him the easiest question in history. He Mr President, do you like kittens and chocolate.

So we are faced with two possibilities. Either he does support them and does not want to be seen to go against them in case his loses their support (which IIRC one of his press guys said that after the 1st debate) or he has no ability to actually think or prepare.

Neither one is a good look.

The fact that he claimed he knew nothing about them, before turning around a minute later to tell us that they are very much against paedofiles. Well, which is it? Does he know anything about them or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He literally can’t go more than 3 or 4 sentences without telling a lie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,256 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I haven’t been following the us election save for snippets on the news. However I’m getting the impression for the first time that Biden might make a race of this. More because of Trumps belligerent interviews and handling of the pandemic than anything Biden has said. Trumps bluster has got him to the White House but surely even Americans are winching when the see his interviews.
    This election has got interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

town hall was alright

unsurprisingly they asked him to condemn white supremacy for the 958,000th time and he did, yet again. So hopefully that stupid question dies now.

overall didn't land some easy shots at opponents, didn't talk about hunter Biden, some weak answers to some questions.

I give him a 6/10 for the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

town hall was alright

unsurprisingly they asked him to condemn white supremacy for the 958,000th time and he did, yet again. So hopefully that stupid question dies now.

overall didn't land some easy shots at opponents, didn't talk about hunter Biden, some weak answers to some questions.

Would you like to see Trump re-elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Town Hall looked bad for Biden, his lengthy & detailed answers to questions on policy won't play well with the American people.[/sarcasm]

Trump had a golden opportunity to put to bed the idea that he associates with and shares the ideas of fringe lunatics. He failed.

Anyone who comes here today to argue that Trump put in a good performance is doing so in bad faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

tenor.gif?itemid=11520408

town hall was alright

I think you are being generous to him, but that's my opinion and can see where you are coming from.

The problem for Trump is that 6/10 is not going to move the polls. He needed to start the fight back, he needed to offer something to people that have either moved away from him or don't care. I don't think he did either.

I get the complaints about Fake News etc, but in the midst of a pandemic and a massive economic hit, to hear the POTUS continually complain about how hard everything is for him, how terrible everyone treats him, jeez its a bit grating.

The problem, as I see it, is that he is trying the exact same playbook as 2016. Lots of promises, lots of things need to change, Washington Elites, etc etc. The issue is that he has been POTUS for 4 years. Promises are hard to believe when the ket promises were not kept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭uptherebels

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    What reasons did Trump give for refusing to do a virtual debate? Did he say anything beyond-
    “No I’m not going to waste my time on a virtual debate,” he said during an interview Thursday morning on the Fox Business channel.
    Thanks,
    Pa.
    It's because it would be too easy to mute him when he goes shouting/rambling. He was poor enough in the first debate without removing his ability to interrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Hoop66 wrote: »

Trump had a golden opportunity to put to bed the idea that he associates with and shares the ideas of fringe lunatics. He failed.

To be fair to him, he needs their votes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Please

As least Trump hasn't persecuted or spied on any of them yet.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/378628-trump-tv-pipeline-is-a-joke-next-to-obamas-media-hires

‘Trump TV pipeline’ is a joke, next to Obama’s media hires

Is there precedent for such decision-making in the Oval Office? Of course. But thanks to the bias of omission, the reader or viewer would never know that the prior administration puts this one to shame for the revolving door from media to the White House and State Department.

In the first four years alone in the Obama administration, more than 25 former reporters joined the team by my count. Yup. 25.

Per the Washington Post in 2013, Richard Stengel, Time magazine’s managing editor was the “latest in long line of reporters who jumped to jobs in Obama administration."

Here's more from that 2013 story, where just one paragraph alone shows how far and wide media members got into the tentacles of the Obama State Department.

You'll also recognize more than a few names, including former journalist Samantha Power, who became U.S. ambassador to the United Nations.

Obama hires people with experience in the press for press related roles! It’s the biggest political scandal of the century!!!

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    To be fair to him, he needs their votes.

He *has* their votes. He needs the non-lunatic vote, and that is deserting him more every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

cj maxx wrote: »
    Trumps bluster has got him to the White House but surely even Americans are winching when the see his interviews.
    This is my take on it also.

I'd wager that even now, after 4 years, if he was asked to explain the intricacies of state vs federal power, or the extent of FEMA's responsibilites and capacities, or other questions that are bread and butter to anybody who has been a politician for years and years (like all other presidents), he'd have no answers to them.

He bluffed his way into the White House and has bluffed his way through 4 years. He made a load of stupid promises that he, or anybody else could never deliver on (Build the wall, drain the swamp, lock her up) and can't do that this time around.

I don't share the view that is aired on here regularly enough that Americans are thick as sh!t and so on, they obviously aren't. He got a certain proportion of people to buy his nonsense first time around, but I don't think it will happen again. Likewise, the idea that every Republican laps up his bluster is silly - there will be those who are just sick of him and will use (or not use) their vote to say so.

Mostly, I think that in 4 years he has done virtually nothing to convince anybody who didn't vote for him 4 years ago to vote for him this time, but he has done plenty to alienate a chunk of voters who took a chance on him last time.

He *has* their votes. He needs the non-lunatic vote, and that is deserting him more every day.

He's maybe worried about losing the lunatics and not gaining the non lunatics.

A lunatic in the hand as they say!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

She was incredibly biased. It was obvious for most people to see.

She was biased. She clearly dislikes Trump for being a lying scumbag. Should she pretend he isn’t a lying scumbag for the sake of theatre?
    Why was she asking the the president to condemn white supremacists, when he is on public record multiple times having condemned them? Simple, an agenda driven interview to make him look bad. As usual.

She asked him because he made a balls of it during the debate. Which wasn’t the first time he made a balls of it.
    Where is the questions for Biden about antifa, who've pretty much had a free run of the streets during this virus!? :rolleyes:

Some of you guys might be easily bought and sold by this stuff. But many millions of Americans are not - and the results are going to be a BIG shock for quite a lot of you here!

Where are the questions for Biden during a Trump town hall interview. That’s a pretty stupid question.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 23,780 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I honestly don't think he has anything in particular

Trump is just the perfect devisive idiot that Putin wanted.

Petty, infantile, easily distracted and easily manipulated.

What more could the former KGB operative ask for in foreign leader?

Before Trump and Brexit - misinformation was coming in to vogue from Russia.

Would you like to see Trump re-elected?

Over Joe Biden yes. Over any democrat, yes.

Over any democrat, yes.

Why is that out of interest? Are you based over there?

• Advertisement

If you’re a presidential candidate and you fluff a question in a debate or interview you are going to get asked that question again and the only way you can put it to bed is by giving a definitive unequivocal answer. Trump failed to do that and it isn’t the moderators fault.

This has been standard in politics for many many years, once again I get the feeling that Greta and others of a similar viewpoint haven’t been following US politics during past presidencies so they don’t see just how bathsh!t insane trumps has been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

km991148 wrote: »
    It was an open goal - wide open, easy question.. but in the words of Trump.. what a loser.. LOS-ER.

All he had to do was say something strong to say he wasn't in favour and BOOM - all the headlines would be about that.. except hew can't. .. not because of a conspiracy, not because off "the main stream media" and all their various agendas but because he now is reliant on not upsetting a bunch of extremists.

Occam's razor applies, the answer with the least assumptions..

He did say something strong, he said he's condemned them all his life... it doesn't get any stronger or clearer than that.

And it's easily verifiable by doing a simple google search.

Well then, these extremists will have likely already abandoned him according to you... because he's clearly on record as condemning them. They surely must be very unhappy with their president.

This is the mistake the left wing media made in the last election. They focused on image... because that's what really matters most to the left. But plenty of people don't live their lives inside a liberal bubble, where everything is superficial and the image you portray is the most important thing.

It's only people living inside their image obsessed liberal bubble, that think this is some sort of "gotcha" moment... Everyone else knows that Trump is on record on this subject, and has no need to keep playing along with their silly games and obvious agendas.

It must be truly exhausting being a liberal...:pac: I don't know how you guys do it 24/7... I couldn't go around being that uptight and terrified what image I'm portraying.

Seriously, you guys should try relaxing a bit more... try not giving a fcuk what anyone thinks of you for a while. Just try it... you'd be surprised how nice it feels to not give a toss if someone throws some stupid pointless label at you. It genuinely is liberating! :D

You’re world view is very strange. Maybe it’s time to get off the internet for a while?

His condemnaation of always of the 'of course I condemn them, but the left is far worse, they are the real problem'

That is condemnation colour by numbers. Say what you feel you have to say, but give a enough wiggle room so that those very same people can understand that you don't really, that you do understand where they are coming from , but you know PC Brigade and all that.

And people can see through it. He isn't the first to try it.

His continually pivot back to left wing, when the question is clearly about the right, shows where his head is, despite the statistics showing that right wing violence is the bigger issue. That he comes out to say he knows nothing about them shows that he hasn't been paying attention, which is quite an important role for a POTUS.

But the very fact that there is even a discussion on this shows he didn't do enough. He could have easily stated, that everyone left, right, whatever, violence, extremism etc has no place in the US. THe US has the best police in the world, the FBI are some of the greatest people int he world. Let them do their jobs.

It really is pretty simple.

That he still can't put it to bed, despite it being a top agenda item throughout the campaign is either a lack of care or a signal that he doesn't want to.

He did say something strong, he said he's condemned them all his life... it doesn't get any stronger or clearer than that.

And it's easily verifiable by doing a simple google search.

Well then, these extremists will have likely already abandoned him according to you... because he's clearly on record as condemning them. They surely must be very unhappy with their president.

This is the mistake the left wing media made in the last election. They focused on image... because that's what really matters most to the left. But plenty of people don't live their lives inside a liberal bubble, where everything is superficial and the image you portray is the most important thing.

It's only people living inside their image obsessed liberal bubble, that think this is some sort of "gotcha" moment... Everyone else knows that Trump is on record on this subject, and has no need to keep playing along with their silly games and obvious agendas.

It must be truly exhausting being a liberal...:pac: I don't know how you guys do it 24/7... I couldn't go around being that uptight and terrified what image I'm portraying.

Seriously, you guys should try relaxing a bit more... try not giving a fcuk what anyone thinks of you for a while. Just try it... you'd be surprised how nice it feels to not give a toss if someone throws some stupid pointless label at you. It genuinely is liberating! :D

Christ it must be exhausting trying to defend this Trump lad.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Why is that out of interest? Are you based over there?

Similar to anyone here were just spectators backing a team we have no impact from.

I would always consider myself a republican supporter in US terms. The last democrat I would have even considered voting for was Bill Clinton, before we found out about his ways..

...where everything is superficial and the image you portray is the most important thing....

This, in a post defending Donald Trump. A man whose entire career is based on projecting an image. An image of a strong man, when he is a coward. An image of a rich and successful businessman, when he has multiple failed businesses and financial losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Similar to anyone here were just spectators backing a team we have no impact from.

I would always consider myself a republican supporter in US terms. The last democrat I would have even considered voting for was Bill Clinton, before we found out about his ways..

What ways ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

This, in a post defending Donald Trump. A man whose entire career is based on projecting an image. An image of a strong man, when he is a coward. An image of a rich and successful businessman, when he has multiple failed businesses and financial losses.

Property development is a high risk game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Property development is a high risk game.

Not when you have a billionaire daddy to bail you out repeatedly. Sadly, he's dead for some time now so the chickens are coming home to roost. Trump is a clueless little rich boy who has squandered his inherited wealth on pointless ego-driven investments. His investment portfolio is a house of cards now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement