Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Not when you have a billionaire daddy to bail you out repeatedly. Sadly, he's dead for some time now so the chickens are coming home to roost. Trump is a clueless little rich boy who has squandered his inherited wealth on pointless ego-driven investments. His investment portfolio is a house of cards now.

By how much has his net worth declined?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Does this mean that potentially the email image in the nypost article came from Russia to feed misinformation to the Trump campaign via Guiliani?

Yes - That's exactly what it means.

The FBI and others had already warned the White House that they believed that Rudi had been compromised and was being fed false information by the Russian as part of his "investigations" in the Ukraine.

His key contact and "fixer" while he was digging for dirt in Ukraine - Andreii Derkach, has since been outed as a Russian spy and sanctioned by the State Department.

I had to switch off RTE last night, there was some movie set in a parallel universe where Hillary won. The media are getting desperate.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Which one?

The real one or the one he claims to have?

The real one is reckoned be comfortably less than a billion - in the 300-500M range.

The one he claims to have has been anything up to 10B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Enough that he pays less taxes than a nurse. And that he won't publish two decades' of taxes returns. Surely a man who loves admiration so much would be showing everyone how profitable his empire is.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Which one?

The real one or the one he claims to have?

The real one is reckoned be comfortably less than a billion - in the 300-500M range.

The one he claims to have has been anything up to 10B

Forbes say 2.5B

Enough that he pays less taxes than a nurse. And that he won't publish two decades' of taxes returns. Surely a man who loves admiration so much would be showing everyone how profitable his empire is.

Real estate developers can pay very low tax. The system is deliberately set up that way to encourage high risk investment. He played by the rules. Sound like you have a problem with the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Real estate developers can pay very low tax. The system is deliberately set up that way to encourage high risk investment. He played by the rules. Sound like you have a problem with the rules.

But if he played by the rules, as POTUS why not open the books so we can all admire his business acumen? You do know that there are multiple lawsuits pending regarding his taxes?

But if he played by the rules, as POTUS why not open the books so we can all admire his business acumen? You do know that there are multiple lawsuits pending regarding his taxes?

Yes, he has lots of enemies and they are trying every trick in the book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Are you including the IRS in his list of enemies? they are investigating a $72 million tax write-off he took as it looks to be fraudulent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Leroy42 wrote: »
    It really is pretty simple.

Yeah, it is pretty simple.

It's an attempt at guilt by association - and it's a tired old worn out tactic.

If I keep asking you something, like are you a peadophile? What are your views on peadophilia? etc etc. And I keep asking you, even though you've made your position abundantly clear many times... the hope is that some of the mud sticks to you over time.

Me: are you a peadophile?

Leroy42: No, I'm not a peadophile. I condemn peadophilia, and have done so all my life.

Me: Okay, but are you a peadohile? Do you condemn it?

Leroy42: I've already made my position very clear on this issue. I won't be repeating myself.

Public: Why do they keep asking him if he's a pedo?

I just picked something other than racism. If people kept asking you over and over publicly about something potentially damaging to your reputation - you would eventually become tainted just by the accusation alone. Regardless of whether there is any evidence to prove it.

If people are convinced you are something you're not... you're not going to prove anything by continually denying their claims. It's just a game.

If you did that on this forum for example, the moderators would ban people for continually making the same insinuations over and over.

That's the game of the left - just have Trump's name associated with "white supremacy" as often as possible. But most Americans are not buying this nonsense anymore. It's old news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Trump screaming "NAncy PELosi" already :)

He's not enjoying this, think the debate setup was an easier task for him.

That whole Trump town hall was a screamfest! Savannah Guthrie was definitely his match!! They both looked like they were in a circus arena. Trump perched on the stool with one foot on the ground and the other on the rung did not look very presidential. He did not deny Qanon, said the usual 'I don't know much about them.' In spite of hard questioning from Savannah, he refused to say when he last tested negative for Covid 19. Finally told her to ask his doctor, to which she replied 'You won't let him give out that information.' :pac:

At one stage, she said 'You're not someone's crazy uncle.' Heard on Pat Kenny this morning that Mary Trump tweeted in response to that: 'He IS someone's crazy uncle. He is my crazy uncle!' :D

I subsequently saw Biden's town hall with George Stephanopoulos. What a striking contrast!! Both men seated in armchairs on a blue carpet, well distanced apart, against a calming blue background. Biden answering questions in a measured manner, showing respect to the people asking them, was very presidential indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Similar to anyone here were just spectators backing a team we have no impact from.

I would always consider myself a republican supporter in US terms. The last democrat I would have even considered voting for was Bill Clinton, before we found out about his ways..

Ah so it's just random why you consider yourself a republican.

I wouldn't consider myself on any team. Just think Trump comes across as a moron and a compulsive liar. Think America can do better than that.

I won't be too shocked if he is voted in as they did it before.

BUT I'd be hoping after people watching him lie and say moronic stuff for the last few years that he'd get voted out. Like anyone in any job. If my colleagues in work lied and said moronic things again and again, something would be done about it.

Might be beneficial for the Republican party going forward, to be given the message that it's better not to lie to people and say moronic things.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Michael Cohen's podcast Mea Culpa is really good. I listened to his latest with James Carville predicts a thrashing for Trump and Republican senators are deserting him.

Saw this on Twitter - poetic

Trump would have been better served by accepting the virtual debate. Suicide bombers have hurt themselves less than this...

Could they just tell him he won and let him keep the Twitter account and let America get on with things.

Thought Trump handled that reasonably well considering how the debate went.

Seriously?? :eek:

After disavowing Qanon, he subsequently praised them.

Donald Trump was his usual self, fiery, combative and defensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But Greta this is very different to the situation as you present it.

1st Debate : Do you condemn white supermasists?

Trump: Which one, Sure, stand down and stand by.

Afterwards plenty of people, including the group, took that as a cal to stay ready. Trump was forced to come out to try and clarify his remarks, but instead focused more on other groups.

So it was perfectly reasonable, and Trump should have welcomed the opportunity to clariy to everyone, that he was given the opportunity in the next debate to set the record straight.

Trump : I don't know you they are, but they are great at being though on padeophiles, that is all I know.

The mods, I assume, would ask people to stop if I had made it perfectly clear. But trump is not, he continues to try to play both sides. He is afraid of losing their support so doesn't want to openly call them out.

And its very different between a person running for POTUS and a poster on boards. Racism, and right wing white supremasists, are a known and growing problem in the US. It is clearly a topic of importance and thus he should not only be open to repeating his position, but he should be open to it.

How many times has he talked about HC, or the wall, or fake news? Shouldn't he be saying he already mentioned those, why do people keep asking him about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭randd1

Ande1975 wrote: »
    Michael Cohen's podcast Mea Culpa is really good. I listened to his latest with James Carville predicts a thrashing for Trump and Republican senators are deserting him.

Saw this on Twitter - poetic

Trump would have been better served by accepting the virtual debate. Suicide bombers have hurt themselves less than this...

No, no they haven't, them lads do terrible injuries to themselves, usually fatal. Mad bastards them lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I think that some people don't like Trump being asked about QAnon and white supremacy because they know exactly where he stands on them but would rather he didn't make it so obvious.

• Advertisement

I think that some people don't like Trump being asked about QAnon and white supremacy because they know exactly where he stands on them but would rather he didn't make it so obvious.

He's denounced white supremacists multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He's said that he denounces them, and then a few weeks later refuses to do it. Not a great look really. All he needs to do is come out and clearly say that he's against white supremacy and does NOT want their votes and/or support. You'd think it would be fairly straightforward but yet he's never been able to do that consistently.

Wonder why that is?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,664 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

apart from the times he didnt.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,947 ✭✭✭SuprSi

So why, with the eyes of the world on him, in the perfect setting, on 2 separate occasions did he not take the opportunity to do it, and likely end any further doubts or questions the public might have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

are we just going to ignore the laptop?

unreal stuff coming out soon i hear..

riddle me dis if its 100pc proven joe biden lied to america would boards people agree he should stand down?

Great for Joe

Terrible for Trump. Idiot wouldn't condemn QAnon.

The contrast between the two of them was stark. Worked better than a debate would have done, in my opinion.

Trump's blustering lying buffoonery was the polar opposite to Biden's calming reassuring, even presidential like, presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,442 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Maybe if he didn't sue practically every person he ever met, he wouldn't have so many enemies?
    https://www.abajournal.com/web/article/attorney-and-author-on-his-portrait-of-donald-trump-through-more-than-3500-lawsuits

Maybe if he paid his employees and contractors for the work they did instead of routinely shafting them he would have fewer enemies
    https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/06/09/donald-trump-unpaid-bills-republican-president-laswuits/85297274/

Trump is an absolutely awful human being who has no concept of business or professional ethics

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Pretty much as you might expect.

Biden was calm and polite and largely factual.

Trump lied his ass off and also refused to refute QAnon.

To be fair, the NBC moderator, Guthrie, did a good job fact checking him.

When he tried to brush of him recently tweeting a QAnon conspiracy about how Biden had had Seal team 6 assassinated to cover for the fact that Bin Laden was still alive by saying " That was Retweet, people can read it and make their own mind up". She replied, " You're the President, not someone's crazy uncle that can just tweet anything!"

Savannah Guthrie hit it out of the park. She let Trump away with nothing.

Thought Mary Trump's tweet, as reported on PK this morning, was brilliant.

'He is someone's crazy uncle. He is my crazy uncle!' :pac::pac:

I've only heard him speak about QAnon once, last night, and all he had was praise for them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

brooke 2 wrote: »
    The contrast between the two of them was stark. Worked better than a debate would have done, in my opinion.

Trump's blustering lying buffoonery was the polar opposite to Biden's calming reassuring, even presidential like, presence.

I think this was backfire on Trump. His campaign know that Biden does very well when interacting with people. He is emphatic and caring. They know that the contrast between Biden and Trump interacting with people would have made Trump look even worse so he backed out.

Honestly its a thing of beauty watching Trump implode. He's lost

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement