Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Wibbs wrote: »
    Oof. :D It's actually a good if too simplistic description of the man. He's a snakeoil salesman in a nation of salesmen, but his patter has run its course and a dangerous patter it is. That said I suspect Biden getting in won't change that much for most Americans, though hopefully the divisiveness will dial back a bit and more confidence will come along. There'll be a sigh of relief across the nation though.

I think that sigh of relief will be echoed throughout the world!!

km991148 wrote: »

:pac::pac:

are we just going to ignore the laptop?

unreal stuff coming out soon i hear..

riddle me dis if its 100pc proven joe biden lied to america would boards people agree he should stand down?

You should really get up to date on this. There's an fbi investigation that indicates the emails are fake...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

You should really get up to date on this. There's an fbi investigation that indicates the emails are fake...

source ? whoy is biden not denying it. how did they get hunter photos russian hacking??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Trump and his crowd are gas. There's always something coming....

Smoking gun. Bombshell. Health Plan.

• Advertisement

weisses wrote: »
    Trump with his supreme intellect and memory couldn't remember if he was tested on the day of the debates when asked during the town hall ... :rolleyes:

Would make you wonder who has dementia? :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

are we just going to ignore the laptop?
    https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/521336-feds-investigating-if-alleged-hunter-biden-emails-connected-to
    Feds investigating if alleged Hunter Biden emails connected to foreign intelligence operation: report

MadYaker wrote: »
    Trump is clearly lying about when he first tested positive.

And refuses to answer when he last tested negative. It could have been weeks ago.

source ? whoy is biden not denying it. how did they get hunter photos russian hacking??

I think I need the Cohen brothers to do a movie of what the Russians and Trumps guys are up to, I'm lost. Now who could play Guiliani?

thats nothing ifs and buts. ah de old discredit it theory. i see.
    i will ask again if biden lied to the us public do you agree he has to step down?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Ande1975 wrote: »
    I think this was backfire on Trump. His campaign know that Biden does very well when interacting with people. He is emphatic and caring. They know that the contrast between Biden and Trump interacting with people would have made Trump look even worse so he backed out.

Honestly its a thing of beauty watching Trump implode. He's lost

Look at Trump's chemistry with the thousands of people at his rallies... men, women, children, black, white, hispanic, green, orange... young, old... rich, poor.

They turn up in their thousands and don't believe the media lies about him.

Biden doesn't have that sort of chemistry with people. They know he is a career politician, and talks like every other one out there! ;)

It's a thing of beauty watching millions of people not buying into the media lies and slander about a man who loves his country. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,442 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Yeah, it is pretty simple.

It's an attempt at guilt by association - and it's a tired old worn out tactic.

If I keep asking you something, like are you a peadophile? What are your views on peadophilia? etc etc. And I keep asking you, even though you've made your position abundantly clear many times... the hope is that some of the mud sticks to you over time.

Me: are you a peadophile?

Leroy42: No, I'm not a peadophile. I condemn peadophilia, and have done so all my life.

Me: Okay, but are you a peadohile? Do you condemn it?

Leroy42: I've already made my position very clear on this issue. I won't be repeating myself.

Public: Why do they keep asking him if he's a pedo?

I just picked something other than racism. If people kept asking you over and over publicly about something potentially damaging to your reputation - you would eventually become tainted just by the accusation alone. Regardless of whether there is any evidence to prove it.

If people are convinced you are something you're not... you're not going to prove anything by continually denying their claims. It's just a game.

If you did that on this forum for example, the moderators would ban people for continually making the same insinuations over and over.

That's the game of the left - just have Trump's name associated with "white supremacy" as often as possible. But most Americans are not buying this nonsense anymore. It's old news.

Guilt by association means something else, It means that people can infer that someone is guilty of a crime because they are associated with people who have been found guilty of that crime

In Trump's example, the guilt by association is where Trump was photographed and has been recorded speaking favourably about Jeffery Epstein, so people might infer that Trump was involved in the sexual exploitation that he was found guilty of.

What you described is an attempt at poisoning the well, where you defame someone's character so that when he/she tries to put forward an argument, people already distrust what he/she says because they associate him/her with something negative

Poisoning the well is a fallacy regardless of whether or not the accusation is true, if that accusation is a non sequitur to the argument at hand
    but in a political campaign, arguments that an individulal is not fit for office because they have character flaws or credible allegations of serious crimes hanging over their head is not a non sequitur, it is actually a very important part of the process of selecting someone suitable to hold high office

And it is also extremely hypocritical for Trump supporters to accuse others of making false allegations or exaggerated character assassinations against political opponents given that Trump does this all the time against everyone and anyone who challenges him

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Look at Trump's chemistry with the thousands of people at his rallies... men, women, children, black, white, hispanic, green, orange... young, old... rich, poor.

Biden doesn't have that sort of chemistry with people. They know he is a career politician, and talks like every other one out there! ;)

It's a thing of beauty watching millions of people not buying into the media lies and slander about a man who loves his country. :)

Yet every single survey has him rated higher for trustworthiness and likeability compared to Trump - Odd that.

Is he as "Box Office" as Trump - No , but that's kind of the point.

Trumps is Box Office in the same way that shows "Real Housewives" and the like are popular , not because people love/like them , but because they are fascinated about what crazy crap they'll do or say next.

His utter failure to recognise this and come up with a new plot for Season two is why his current "reality show project" is looking like it's not going to get renewed

Asked about the amount of debt he had, I thought this sounded strange!
    In fact, some of it, I did as favors to institutions that wanted to loan me money

Asked if he owed any foreign bank or entity. He looked really uncomfortable through the whole back and forth. "Beautiful to watch" some might say.

A snippet:
    President Trump: (44:21)
    Not that I know of, but I will probably, because it’s so easy to solve, and if you’d like to do, I will let you know who I owe, whatever small amount of money. I want to say two things. Number one, it’s a very small amount of money. Number two, it’s very straight. It’s very, very straight, but it’s a tiny percentage of the worth. Did you ever hear the expression underlevered?

Savannah: (44:43)
    Yeah.

President Trump: (44:44)
    I am extremely underlevered.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

thats nothing ifs and buts. ah de old discredit it theory. i see.
    i will ask again if biden lied to the us public do you agree he has to step down?

What is your view on the current WH occupant ?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I think I need the Cohen brothers to do a movie of what the Russians and Trumps guys are up to, I'm lost. Now who could play Guiliani?

What an insane response to reasonable questions.

Was the laptop even mentioned on Bidens townhall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

He did say something strong, he said he's condemned them all his life... it doesn't get any stronger or clearer than that.

And it's easily verifiable by doing a simple google search.

Well then, these extremists will have likely already abandoned him according to you... because he's clearly on record as condemning them. They surely must be very unhappy with their president.

This is the mistake the left wing media made in the last election. They focused on image... because that's what really matters most to the left. But plenty of people don't live their lives inside a liberal bubble, where everything is superficial and the image you portray is the most important thing.

It's only people living inside their image obsessed liberal bubble, that think this is some sort of "gotcha" moment... Everyone else knows that Trump is on record on this subject, and has no need to keep playing along with their silly games and obvious agendas.

It must be truly exhausting being a liberal...:pac: I don't know how you guys do it 24/7... I couldn't go around being that uptight and terrified what image I'm portraying.

Seriously, you guys should try relaxing a bit more... try not giving a fcuk what anyone thinks of you for a while. Just try it... you'd be surprised how nice it feels to not give a toss if someone throws some stupid pointless label at you. It genuinely is liberating! :D

A lot of projection going on there.

It's plain to see Trumps tactics when you open your eyes.

Also the notion that I give a **** about random people on the internet is fcuking hilarious to me 😂😂

Edit: generally: it would be easier to discuss without all the contradictions and then sprinkling insults around.

What an insane response to reasonable questions.

nope not a sqeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭Hoop66

You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Someone please tell me that this orange muppet will not be re elected. Then I could smile and sleep well again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

nope not a sqeak.

It wasn't mentioned by Trump in his town hall either. Now why do you think that is? After all, he was posting about it on twitter all that day?

Why do you think he didn't take advantage of his huge TV audience to stick it to Biden with this explosive story?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

weisses wrote: »
    What ways ?

Hanging out on epstein island and taking loads of trips on the lolita express.

(And before anyone starts, Im not giving credance to any wider conspiracy or murders or anything, just as time has gone on weve found out bill is a creepy man) he was still a solid president.

I think Biden would have handled it well anyway.

Something along the lines of:

"The NY Post? It's fake news! Phoneys! Fake journalists, with terrible ratings. Why can't they write a positive story, instead they have to write nasty things like this. Sad."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

He's denounced white supremacists multiple times.

He has. He has also encouraged them multiple times.

It's typical narcissist word salad. Give all the options and let others fight it out.

Not being able to clearly and firmly state his position and stick with it is not denouncement. It's throwing out a few breadcrumbs of hope to his fans, obfuscation and non committal. This is to keep his options open and allow him to deny something in the future.

It's weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

nope not a sqeak.

That's cos the story is a crock.

He's denounced white supremacists multiple times.

Those denouncements aren't enough to offset all the times he called them fine people

How is it supposed to work? Can David Duke denounce racism on a Friday before going to his KKK meeting on Friday night and we're supposed to accept the denouncement as his actual opinion despite his actions to the contrary?

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I think Biden would have handled it well anyway.

Something along the lines of:

"The NY Post? It's fake news! Phoneys! Fake journalists, with terrible ratings. Why can't they write a positive story, instead they have to write nasty things like this. Sad."

The NY Post actually is as close to 'fake news' as any publication pretending to a newspaper can get.
    It's got about as much credibility as the weekly world news'

DrumSteve wrote: »
    That's cos the story is a crock.

ok. i will take your word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

ok. i will take your word for it.

Why didn't Trump mention this 'explosive' story at his own town hall last night?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement