Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

can anyone explain how joe biden on a wage of 174k has so many luxury houses. crickets on dis one...
    MadYaker wrote: »
    He published all his tax returns going back years (or decades?) I'm sure the answer is in there if you care to look.

Did you even read the article you linked to?

It explains it quite clearly.

In the early days he used his Pension and Life Assurance polices as collateral.

The "expensive" purchases were made after he stepped down as VP when he made quite a bit of money from a book deal and speaking engagements etc.

All clearly lists in the 20+ years of tax returns that he has published.

The article even talks about how he was planning to sell his house to pay for his sons medical bills , but Obama gave him a loan. Hardly the signs of a guy with "cash in the attic" as it were.

The tax returns show that prior to 2016 his income was pretty much exclusively limited to his Senator/VP salary and his wifes Salary as a teacher - He was regularly the "poorest" Senator in Washington during his career.

When he stepped down as VP in 2016 , he got several large advances for books etc. again all documented in his Tax returns which he released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Just watched the Presidents town hall from last night. He had a shocker.

Watching him squirm under the questioning around Qanon and his retweet was as hilarious as it was sobering. It's just incredible this guy is President.

What I find most odd regarding people who refuse to criticise him is their failure to see that he is actually setting the GOP back and doing them incredible damage. Whether you are on the right or the left, you should want this guy gone as he's bad for everyone and he's in it for nobody but himself.

Again, that performance last night - just lol!

https://twitter.com/declanganley/status/1316907407184977921

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Did you even read the article you linked to?

It explains it quite clearly.

In the early days he used his Pension and Life Assurance polices as collateral.

The "expensive" purchases were made after he stepped down as VP when he made quite a bit of money from a book deal and speaking engagements etc.

All clearly lists in the 20+ years of tax returns that he has published.

The article even talks about how he was planning to sell his house to pay for his sons medical bills , but Obama gave him a loan. Hardly the signs of a guy with "cash in the attic" as it were.

The tax returns show that prior to 2016 his income was pretty much exclusively limited to his Senator/VP salary and his wifes Salary as a teacher - He was regularly the "poorest" Senator in Washington during his career.

When he stepped down as VP in 2016 , he got several large advances for books etc. again all documented in his Tax returns which he released.

The message from Hunter to his daughter, in the where he suggested 50% of his income goes to "Pop" is an interesting one. Pop being Joe Biden.

That'd be 25K a week from Hunter to Joe from Burisma alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Look at Trump's chemistry with the thousands of people at his rallies... men, women, children, black, white, hispanic, green, orange... young, old... rich, poor.

They turn up in their thousands and don't believe the media lies about him.

Biden doesn't have that sort of chemistry with people. They know he is a career politician, and talks like every other one out there! ;)

It's a thing of beauty watching millions of people not buying into the media lies and slander about a man who loves his country. :)

Good one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Oh believe me... i'm not a Trump supporter etc, i was just sharing what i had seen earlier. Thought it was funny comparing to the other posters opinion which is why i linked the tweet.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,702 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The message from Hunter to his daughter, in the where he suggested 50% of his income goes to "Pop" is an interesting one. Pop being Joe Biden.

That'd be 25K a week from Hunter to Joe from Burisma alone.

Except no one has seen this text apart from apparently Rudi Guiliani, so there's that.

He did hold up a piece of paper with some words written on it though.

EkVcOSHX0AAy9Dl?format=jpg&name=small

I mean that looks totally legit and absolutely how I'd expect to see a print out of an email or a text message look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

To be fair, Joe seems pretty good with money, how do I invest my salary with him? :)

Except no one has seen this text apart from apparently Rudi Guiliani, so there's that.

He did hold up a piece of paper with some words written on it though.

EkVcOSHX0AAy9Dl?format=jpg&name=small

I mean that looks totally legit and absolutely how I'd expect to see a print out of an email or a text message look.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6201533301001#sp=show-clips

Tucker Carlson has seen it as have many others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I see Fox News are going with the "poor Donald was asked harder questions" angle to explain his brutal Town Hall performance. Trump right-wingers must be the biggest moaners on the planet - absolute snowflakes of the highest order.

It's not even that they were hard questions, as he seemed to brush everything off very easily as usual.

It's more just how biased the line of questioning was. And they make no attempt to hide it.

But he seemed to do great. Everyone I've talked with over there, thought it was a total waste of time because of the line of questioning. But he never looked bothered by any of it - he's so used to it at this stage, that I don't think it has any effect on him.

And most voters are the same I think... their eyes just glaze over at this stage. They hear all the same nonsense on the news practically everyday.

It's amusing how some people think this stuff actually matters. Like they think it's going to affect the votes in any negative way... lol... Trump gets falsely linked with crap on a daily basis by the gutter press! :pac:

It might make a few more people go out and vote for Trump, because they hate the biased dishonest agenda driven media. I could definitely see a little bit of that occurring! ;)

• Advertisement

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6201533301001#sp=show-clips

No - He hasn't - He clearly says early on (thankfully, saves me having to listen to him for too long) that they have not seen the hard drive or been able to verify anything about it.

He covers his ass by saying "We believe they came from Hunter Bidens laptop , but we can't prove that they did we haven't examined the computer".He tries to claim that because the email address in what he's seen is correct that "suggests" they are authentic..

Please.

Guiliani and Steve Bannon have refused point blank to provide anyone with copies of the data.

They've shared screen shots and pictures of screenshots and maybe a few of those spanky print-outs but not a single person outside of their little group has seen the actual evidence.

What they have is a copy of the data off a hard disk , maybe it's even an actual bit for bit copy - I have no idea how good the "Mac repair guy" is.

But they refuse to share any electronic copies - Why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Well... case closed so. :eek:

What is that supposed to prove?

It's Rudi Guiliani talking to the Daily Caller??

Not exactly a balanced outfit now are they , they aren't really going to probe Rudi for the facts?
    The Daily Caller has failed numerous fact checks, however, they post a significant amount of articles each day. Based on the volume of articles published, versus failed fact checks, they do not fall into the Questionable category, though they are close.

Overall, we rate the Daily Caller strongly right biased based on story selection that almost always favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to numerous failed fact checks. The Daily Caller is a source that needs to be fact-checked on a per article basis.

That might as well have been from Rudi's personal blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

I just watched the 2 town hall debates

Biden is allowed to talk uninterrupted or challenged for as long as he wants on every question, it's actually just a party political broadcast for the Democrats, absolute joke

Trump was consistently interrupted and challenged on his answers, as he should have been but Biden is just talking nonstop and not challenged on anything!

Also questions about white supremacy and Qanon are ridiculous in my eyes, it's just a tool to attack trump, does anyone actually believe that ordinary American people are concerned or even interested in that crap, I say their interested and concerned about Jobs, education, housing, healthcare, the things that are important and affect people and their childrens lives

What is that supposed to prove?

It's Rudi Guiliani talking to the Daily Caller??

Not exactly a balanced outfit now are they , they aren't really going to probe Rudi for the facts?

That might as well have been from Rudi's personal blog.

You watched that 26 minute video very quickly. He addresses some of the questions brought up in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    There's no evidence for this at all. There's a couple of newspaper articles claiming 'anonymous sources' are saying the FBI are investigating this as foreign interference.

Hunter Biden's own lawyers are not saying they are fake “we have no idea where this came from, and certainly cannot credit anything that Rudy Giuliani provided to the New York Post, but what I do know for certain is that this purported meeting never happened.”
    'Cannot credit anything Rudy Giuliani provided' is a clever avoidance of saying the emails are fake. IF Hunter told them they were fake, they would state that. They they say 'what I do know for certain is that the ..meeting never happened'. This means they are not certain the emails of photos of Hunter in bed with a crack pipe are fake.

If the biden team are saying the meeting never took place then that is a denial. I'm not sure what else you expect them to say.

"It's just too perfect. A laptop is dropped off to a blind computer repairman in the name of Hunter Biden — in the middle of a presidential election — that happens to be filled with extensive documents along with videos of sex and drug use, and it ends up in the hands of the president's lawyer, who publicly admits to working closely with a Ukrainian official that the Trump administration itself has sanctioned as a Russian intelligence asset attempting to interfere in the presidential campaign."

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-laptop-real-fake-russian-intelligence-2020-10?r=US&IR=T

except it wasn't dropped off in the middle of the election. Guiliani has had the hard drive for a year.

I just watched the 2 town hall debates

Biden is allowed to talk uninterrupted or challenged for as long as he wants on every question, it's actually just a party political broadcast for the Democrats, absolute joke

Trump was consistently interrupted and challenged on his answers, as he should have been but Biden is just talking nonstop and not challenged on anything!

Also questions about white supremacy and Qanon are ridiculous in my eyes, it's just a tool to attack trump, does anyone actually believe that ordinary American people are concerned or even interested in that crap, I say their interested and concerned about Jobs, education, housing, healthcare, the things that are important and affect people and their childrens lives

The whole point of the townhall style thing is that they get asked a question and they answer as they see fit.

In terms of the interruptions - Ask yourself a simple question ,what were the interruptions/challenges for?

Were they just for the laugh to annoy Trump or were they because he was telling lies?

Biden wasn't interrupted because he wasn't lying (by and large - He did make a few exaggerations etc. but nothing egregious) , but Trump lied almost with every breath.

If he'd like to not be interrupted by real journalists he either goes back to Maria Bartiromo and Fox & Friends or you know maybe he could try telling the truth a bit more often.

Hoop66 wrote: »
    You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West...

I'd love to know how many got that reference without having to google it.

• Advertisement

1 minute in to the video on the "story":

"maybe an even bigger story is the reaction that Twitter and Facebook took."

Yawn. :pac:

They don't even care about the story. It's just more MSM and Twitter crying.

except it wasn't dropped off in the middle of the election. Guiliani has had the hard drive for a year.

He got it last November , but let his boss get impeached even though he had this awesome evidence that would have shown that Trump had justification in his requests to Ukraine and likely would have meant that the house wouldn't have moved forward with the impeachment?

He also didn't give it to the the Republican led Senate investigation led by Ron Johnson and Chuck Grassley that was specifically looking for evidence of corruption and illegal activities in the Obama administration.

Why?

If it's true and if it's so damning , why sit on it until 3 weeks before an Election his boss is currently badly behind in and the same day as yet another Judicial investigation into Obama era corruption came up dry.

Why would an experienced litigator like Rudi Giuliani hold this back through all of that , why??

They did ask him about his Health Care plan for the millionth time to be fair.

His answer:
    Good. So we got rid of the individual mandate on Obamacare, which was the worst part of Obamacare, and now you could actually say it’s not Obamacare because that’s how big it was, where you had to pay a fortune for the privilege of not having to pay for bad health insurance, so we got rid of that. That was a big, big thing. And by doing that, and we will always have… By the way, we’re always protecting people with pre-existing conditions, and I can’t say that more strongly, but we’ve been able to bring healthcare costs way down. Now, I took over Obamacare, got rid of the individual mandate, made it good, managed it much better. Remember, they had the $5 billion website disaster, and all of the problems they had. The problem with Obamacare, it’s not good. We’d like to terminate it, and we want a much less expensive healthcare that’s a much better healthcare, and that’s where we’re aiming. And if we can do that, and we have a very good chance of doing it, but we’ve also brought down the price of Obamacare. The problem with Obamacare, it basically is never going to be great, and I want to give great healthcare. So important. And thank you very much.

:o

Think he was stronger on the QAnon question!

He got it last November , but let his boss get impeached even though he had this awesome evidence that would have shown that Trump had justification in his requests to Ukraine and likely would have meant that the house wouldn't have moved forward with the impeachment?

He also didn't give it to the the Republican led Senate investigation led by Ron Johnson and Chuck Grassley that was specifically looking for evidence of corruption and illegal activities in the Obama administration.

Why?

If it's true and if it's so damning , why sit on it until 3 weeks before an Election his boss is currently badly behind in and the same day as yet another Judicial investigation into Obama era corruption came up dry.

Why would an experienced litigator like Rudi Giuliani hold this back through all of that , why??

All absolutely excellent questions and I am sure that Rudy will answer all of them truthfully.

Same rating as CNN.

Rudi said there's a lot more to come over the next 10 days. There are pictures of Hunter doing "disgusting illegal things" and suggests Joe has been bought by the CCP.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Not a chance.

Like I said, to most Americans, it's just white noise at this point... same stuff ad nauseum about Trump practically everyday in the news.

From what I can see, many people just get a laugh at it. "Oh look, they're saying Trump is head of the KKK!!" ... "Now he's leader of the great Q-Anon awakening" :pac:

"Yawn... really? That's great babe... this is boring, turn on sports center!" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    They did ask him about his Health Care plan for the millionth time to be fair.

His answer:

:o

Think he was stronger on the QAnon question!

Lol - He hasn't a notion. He's been promising this great healthcare plan now since the last election and every time he's asked for it he just says 'soon' :pac: He's in this for himself and himself only.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

The whole point of the townhall style thing is that they get asked a question and they answer as they see fit.

In terms of the interruptions - Ask yourself a simple question ,what were the interruptions/challenges for?

Were they just for the laugh to annoy Trump or were they because he was telling lies?

Biden wasn't interrupted because he wasn't lying (by and large - He did make a few exaggerations etc. but nothing egregious) , but Trump lied almost with every breath.

If he'd like to not be interrupted by real journalists he either goes back to Maria Bartiromo and Fox & Friends or you know maybe he could try telling the truth a bit more often.

OK so Biden is telling the truth and trump is a liar, thanks for that brilliant insight

Lol - He hasn't a notion. He's been promising this great healthcare plan now since the last election and every time he's asked for it he just says 'soon' :pac: He's in this for himself and himself only.

I love seeing the stuff transcribed. The health one is above is such a great read. A classic IMO.

"The problem with Obamacare, it’s not good.", wow! slow down Donnie, getting all technical on us.

• Advertisement

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I love seeing the stuff transcribed. The health one is above is such a great read. A classic IMO.

"The problem with Obamacare, it’s not good.", wow! slow down Donnie, getting all technical on us.

the best words

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement