Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

So Biden is being locked up now? Like Clinton was? You guys are getting repetitive.

From back in the day, when he did not fumble his words or need a teleprompter.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

duploelabs wrote: »
    The same man who wouldn't give full disclosure of his income or backers in his presidential run, no wonder he empathised with Trump

Questionable funding is a given with a lot of groups he is associated with.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

francois wrote: »

Whoever staged the trump town hall should be fired. he looked really uncomfortable on that stool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Whoever staged the trump town hall should be fired. he looked really uncomfortable on that stool.

I'd say the discomfort was coming from the questions more than the stool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

How bad is Trump. He's at a rally for seniors in Florida and how stupid are those seniors for attending.

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1317169448529371136?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,766 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

How bad is Trump. He's at a rally for seniors in Florida and how stupid are those seniors for attending.

'I will protect you, I will defend you, and I will fight for you!'

Says the guy at an in person rally with seniors, without a mask after having been diagnosed with Covid 19.

And that's an official White House account.
    Isn't that illegal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A social media influencer tried to manipulate online ratings for Joe Biden’s ABC News town hall event Thursday to deny President Trump a ratings win for his rival NBC News forum — but he failed, with Trump triumphant in YouTube clicks.

As for TV viewership, Biden’s town hall drew more viewers than Trump’s, according to early figures.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/16/tiktok-effort-to-manipulate-biden-town-hall-youtube-ratings-fails/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,476 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

'I will protect you, I will defend you, and I will fight for you!'

Says the guy at an in person rally with seniors, without a mask after having been diagnosed with Covid 19.

And that's an official White House account.
    Isn't that illegal?

probably but trump has committed so many hatch Act offences one more wont make a difference

biko wrote: »
    A social media influencer tried to manipulate online ratings for Joe Biden’s ABC News town hall event Thursday to deny President Trump a ratings win for his rival NBC News forum — but he failed, with Trump triumphant in YouTube clicks.

As for TV viewership, Biden’s town hall drew more viewers than Trump’s, according to early figures.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/16/tiktok-effort-to-manipulate-biden-town-hall-youtube-ratings-fails/

From the NY Post. Lol.
    Trying to detract from the fact that Biden won in network ratings obviously.

Interestingly, Michael Cohen detailed previous Trump activities in paying for fake IP addresses to register for an online poll in an effort to deem him one of the most influential business people worldwide. That was picked up and he was thrown out of the contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

biko wrote: »
    . . . As for TV viewership, Biden’s town hall drew more viewers than Trump’s, according to early figures.

If they were expecting controversy, they came away disappointed.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭briany

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the "Biden has dementia" angle has died off from the Trumpists on here recently? Must have been shocking for them to see Biden win the first debate and then their guy pulling out of the 2nd debate last night. High change Trump pulls out of the 3rd debate also after his embarrassing show last night at the townhall.

I have to suspect that the debates were the first time your hardcore Trump supporters had seen long form video of Biden, instead of the opportunistically-edited clips shared in their little Twitter and FB bubbles.

Such is the indoctrination, though, that instead of fessing up to the idea that maybe they were lied to, instead this whole thing of Biden taking performance enhancing drugs got bandied about, or that he was wearing an earpiece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The big thing is, will he be re elected for 4 MORE YEARS.

Could happen. But will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,617 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

PropJoe10 wrote:
    I think it's probably best to see what the FBI says rather than go on information provided by Rudy, a known Russian target/asset. Although I suppose you'll tell us that the FBI can't possibly be trusted now, and we should go with Rudy, the real voice of truth?
    He, the funny thing is that if the FBI go after Biden there'll be many here saying Trump is behind it and has control of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭briany

duploelabs wrote: »
    No

One of the lessons from 2016 has to be not to be so confident.

However, the odds do not look good for Mr. Trump at the moment. The margins against him are larger, and pollsters are keen to factor in what they overlooked last time.

What now counts against Trump is that he's no longer an outsider with, how to put this, er, 'refreshing candour'. He's now a politician with a track record. His supporters will go on and on about what a brilliant job he's done in every regard, and how his handling of the Covid crisis was definitely better than anything Biden could have done - and they are saying that - but are undecided voters convinced? Are Bernie 2016 voters willing to sit out the election like last time? If Trump loses, and loses convincingly, it'll be because he managed to unite the opposing wings of the Democratic base in their distaste for Trump, and did little to improve the lives of swing voters. The numbers do not look good for him right now, and they suggest that if he does win it'll either be the biggest upset since Truman v. Dewey, or it will be accomplished through some of the most craven electoral fenagling seen outside of a banana republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the "Biden has dementia" angle has died off from the Trumpists on here recently? Must have been shocking for them to see Biden win the first debate and then their guy pulling out of the 2nd debate last night. High change Trump pulls out of the 3rd debate also after his embarrassing show last night at the townhall.

Rudy's definitely and totally legit Hunter Biden harddrive story is the flavour of the month at the moment. I wonder what it will be next week?

Mods banned it. (Note in first post)

But anything goes with regard to old Donny! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Yes, it's practically impossible for Trump to lose it from this point.

Statistically, I give Biden about a 5% chance (at best) of being the next president. But realistically, it's lower than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Statistically, I give Biden about a 5% chance (at best) of being the next president. But realistically, it's lower than this.

Based on what? While Trump winning isn't impossible, I'm not aware of any sane analysis based on reality that would put Biden at 5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

OK so Biden is telling the truth and trump is a liar, thanks for that brilliant insight

Probably sums up 95% of the time accurately enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,376 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Put your house on Trump immediately.

• Advertisement

Do you know what this word means?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I wonder how Hunter Biden being a moron with his data and showing how corrupt he is going to affect the presidential race?
    Also I wonder how much trouble facebook and twitter are going to be in for censoring it.
    First link is being openly censored by facebook/twitter:
    https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/email-reveals-how-hunter-biden-introduced-ukrainian-biz-man-to-dad/

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/trump-slams-censorship-of-the-posts-expose-on-hunter-biden/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

If they were expecting controversy, they came away disappointed.

Give me a boring business like leader getting the job done over some batsh1t crazy uncle ranting on any day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

briany wrote: »
    One of the lessons from 2016 has to be not to be so confident.

However, the odds do not look good for Mr. Trump at the moment. The margins against him are larger, and pollsters are keen to factor in what they overlooked last time.

What now counts against Trump is that he's no longer an outsider with, how to put this, er, 'refreshing candour'. He's now a politician with a track record. His supporters will go on and on about what a brilliant job he's done in every regard, and how his handling of the Covid crisis was definitely better than anything Biden could have done - and they are saying that - but are undecided voters convinced? Are Bernie 2016 voters willing to sit out the election like last time? If Trump loses, and loses convincingly, it'll be because he managed to unite the opposing wings of the Democratic base in their distaste for Trump, and did little to improve the lives of swing voters. The numbers do not look good for him right now, and they suggest that if he does win it'll either be the biggest upset since Truman v. Dewey, or it will be accomplished through some of the most craven electoral fenagling seen outside of a banana republic.

The other side of the coin is that in 2016 there was almost universal agreement that Trump was a moron with no experience and no interest in running the country. There would be certain doom and he would probably be removed from office before the four years were up.

Four years on and whatever you think of him and the rotating staff, people might look at the actual economic and political result of his win and think he didn't do too badly and exceeded the extremely low expectations.

I personally think he's a sleazy buffoon, but there's the ridiculous idea that the US (or any country) elects the most intelligent, rational person for the job. That's not how it works. People often prefer a brash, controversial candidate that speaks their mind over a career politician who speaks in carefully manicured and focus-group tested non-speak. If democracy worked the way the anti-Trump crowd expect, they would elect a person with a doctorate in economics, sociology and science. They want a flawed real person over a fake ideal person.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Mods banned it. (Note in first post)

But anything goes with regard to old Donny! :rolleyes:

No, mods banned posting about dementia without evidence. And guess what? There's no evidence, just bullsh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Do you know what this word means?

It's trolling. Best ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No, mods banned posting about dementia without evidence. And guess what? There's no evidence, just bullsh*t.

Funnily enough, you can say the same about the new York Post story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    The other side of the coin is that in 2016 there was almost universal agreement that Trump was a moron with no experience and no interest in running the country. There would be certain doom and he would probably be removed from office before the four years were up.

Four years on and whatever you think of him and the rotating staff, people might look at the actual economic and political result of his win and think he didn't do too badly and exceeded the extremely low expectations.

I personally think he's a sleazy buffoon, but there's the ridiculous idea that the US (or any country) elects the most intelligent, rational person for the job. That's not how it works. People often prefer a brash, controversial candidate that speaks their mind over a career politician who speaks in carefully manicured and focus-group tested non-speak. If democracy worked the way the anti-Trump crowd expect, they would elect a person with a doctorate in economics, sociology and science. They want a flawed real person over a fake ideal person.

There's a lot of truth in what you say. However, the reality is that there's quite a difference between a flawed real person that's outside the political system and Trump. He's an absolute fraud and conman, not to mention an absolutely despicable person on a human level, and how people can genuinely go into a voting booth and cast their vote for him, as the person to represent them around the world, is completely beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

deceit wrote: »
    I wonder how Hunter Biden being a moron with his data and showing how corrupt he is going to affect the presidential race?

I reckon it won't.
    deceit wrote: »
    Also I wonder how much trouble facebook and twitter are going to be in for censoring it.

I reckon none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,376 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

2016: FBI investigating Hilary Clinton's emails. OMFG!
    2020: FBI investigation Hunter Biden's computer. Yawn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement