Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

eagle eye wrote: »
    Deflection from all three of you. You simply cannot answer a straight question if it doesn't suit your agenda. Nice to know this.

Fair play for being honest. .

I'm the same, it stinks. Do I think it makes Joe Biden as corrupt or horrible as Trump? Not in your wildest dreams.

I would suggest the answers you were given didn't suit your own agenda. So you hand waved them away as "deflection". Would have been more interesting if you had come up with a thoughtful response as to why you disagreed with the answers to your question. But never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,614 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

duploelabs wrote:
    There is absolutely no evidence of any wrong doing, if there was something verifiable then it would be interesting but there is absolutely nothing to go on and shouldn't be given the time of day.
    I'm asking for your opinion. Hunter Biden gets on a Ukrainian gas board in 2014 when his old man was VP and dealing with the Ukraine.

Your opinion on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Deflection from all three of you. You simply cannot answer a straight question if it doesn't suit your agenda. Nice to know this.

Apologies I just feel the Hunter Biden stuff you're asking is deflection from this threads topic was all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Do you think Hunter Biden being on the board of a Ukrainian gas board stinks of corruption?

I don't know enough about it to be honest. On the surface I'd say no if you're asking for an opinion solely based on him being on the board of a private company anywhere I'd say no

I'd say yes if I knew the evidence but even then I wouldn't tarnish Joe with that unless there were proof of his involvement.

Same way I don't think the President is an animal rights monster because his son shoots big cats

I would suggest the answers you were given didn't suit your own agenda. So you hand waved them away as "deflection". Would have been more interesting if you had come up with a thoughtful response as to why you disagreed with the answers to your question. But never mind.
    I asked a question. The response you gave was not an answer to that question.
    Now you try to deflect further and move the goalposts to me having an agenda.

My agenda is to get people to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Deflection from all three of you. You simply cannot answer a straight question if it doesn't suit your agenda.

It's not relevant to the agenda however much you try to make it.

If Hunter stands for office, come back and ask again.

I asked a question. The response you gave was not an answer to that question.
    Now you try to deflect further and move the goalposts to me having an agenda.

My agenda is to get people to be honest.

Maybe start a thread related to people being honest then? This is about the upcoming election.

hetuzozaho wrote:
    Maybe start a thread related to people being honest then? This is about the upcoming election.
    This is related.
    Joe Biden was VP and dealing with the Ukraine in 2014 when his son suddenly ended up on a gas board in the Ukraine.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

This is related.
    Joe Biden was VP and dealing with the Ukraine in 2014 when his son suddenly ended up on a gas board in the Ukraine.

It’s not at all related unless you can show me Joe’s involvement in getting Hunter onto the board.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

This is related.

IMO all of this "look, look, over here, at this other thing" doesn't change the main attraction of Biden.

I'm no Biden cheerleader, the appeal is he is not Trump.

Honest enough for you?

• Advertisement

This is related.

But your issue is with Hunter no?

Or what are you saying Joe Biden did in 2014?

Regarding 2016 from a page back..

Los Angeles
    Hillary - 2,464,364
    Trump - 769,743

To give an idea of how big her surplus of 1.7m in Los Angeles alone was, there are around 25 US states whose total votes were less than 1.7m. There are only five other states where she got more votes than she did in LA.

If people want the popular vote in America, fair enough. But you have to say it beforehand so the candidates can focus their efforts and manifestos on the coasts. It's a completely different election so I really don't see why people go on about it so much.

Faugheen wrote:
    It’s not at all related unless you can show me Joe’s involvement in getting Hunter onto the board.
    Ah come on. Joe is dealing with the Ukraine as VP and his son ends up on a gas board there.
    If you don't think that stinks then you are very naive.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

This is related.

Trump involved his own children deeply into government issues, while their companies have financial ties to many other companies and even foreign countries. He gave security clearance to Kushner who wouldn’t have gotten one under „normal circumstances“... but hey, look over there... Hunter Biden! Careful, your hypocrisy is showing.

Graham wrote:
    Honest enough for you?
    No, not honest enough.

I've clearly stated I don't think Biden is anywhere near as corrupt as Trump. Put up and negative category and Trump gets the vote for being way worse in my opinion.
    All I'm saying is that this thing does stink.
    If you disagree I don't believe you are being honest with yourself or your are agenda driven to the point where you don't care about anything one side does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Graham wrote: »
    It's not relevant to the agenda however much you try to make it.

If Hunter stands for office, come back and ask again.

Joe Biden was given specific responsibility for Ukraine as Vice President. Part of the agenda was to root out corruption because of the enormous wealth of oligarchs in the region who can buy off government. Then, one of these oligarchs hires Biden's son on $50-80,000 a month in one of his Ukrainian companies.

Even if they did absolutely nothing wrong, do you think Biden should have stood by, when he is supposed to be combating the power of Ukrainian oligarchs, when one of these same Ukrainian oligarchs then hires his son on a multi-million dollar job? Out of all the people in all the world they could have hired, this oligarch wanted the son of the US Vice President, and he got him. Joe did absolutely nothing about this for years.

Ah come on. Joe is dealing with the Ukraine as VP and his son ends up on a gas board there.

So are you saying Joe Biden wanted hunter on the board and Joe made this happen?

Not trying to put words in your mouth,so apologies for the are you saying, just trying to understand what you think Joe did. Or what Joe wanted hunter to do in 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,468 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'm asking for your opinion. Hunter Biden gets on a Ukrainian gas board in 2014 when his old man was VP and dealing with the Ukraine.

Your opinion on that.

Using the current validated news reports and evidence, I don't see any problem at all with it.

I remember you tried this same tactic when Tara Reed (is that's how it's spelt) come around

Lolle06 wrote:
    Trump involved his own children deeply into government issues, while their companies have financial ties to many other companies and even foreign countries. He gave security clearance to Kushner who wouldn’t have gotten one under „normal circumstances“... but hey, look over there... Hunter Biden! Careful, your hypocrisy is showing.
    I've made my opinions on Trump very clear. I'm not comparing but if we do Trump loses all day.

This is about the same fact that there is no reason for Hunter Biden to be on a gas board on the Ukraine. So when we go to see how it happened the glaring, obvious connection is the VP dealing with the Ukraine at the time it happened.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Show me where his role in this was then.

Honestly, your issue is with Hunter Biden, but you’re making this out to be something it’s not.

It’s a deflection of all deflections. Trump hired his own kids to top positions in the White House for Christ’s sake. If you think Hunter Biden ending up on the board of a private gas company is a massive scandal then fine, but personally I don’t see what the issue is unless Joe ended up influencing that.

Even if that is the case, I still don’t think it’s as corrupt as giving all of your kids access to confidential information like Trump has done with his. You can call this deflection if you want but if you’re going to be up in arms about Hunter Biden, then it’s important to note that Trump let his whole family have this kind of access.

• Advertisement

I've made my opinions on Trump very clear. I'm not comparing but if we do Trump loses all day.

This is about the same fact that there is no reason for Hunter Biden to be on a gas board on the Ukraine. So when we go to see how it happened the glaring, obvious connection is the VP dealing with the Ukraine at the time it happened.

Your opinion on Trump is akin to Trump's opinion on Putin

I made it clear only a couple of days ago that I don't see this as a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I'm just trying to get people to show their true colours here. And it's working.

Anybody but doesn't see how odd it all looks and how much it stinks is either a liar or blinded by their agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,779 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Most people have made up their minds long before now as polls have shown very low 'don't knows'.

duploelabs wrote:
    Your opinion on Trump is akin to Trump's opinion on Putin
    It's ok I'm done with this now. Its been made very clear that you and a few others wouldn't care if Joe Biden murdered somebody so long as he beats Trump.

I made it clear only a couple of days ago that I don't see this as a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I'm just trying to get people to show their true colours here. And it's working.

Anybody but doesn't see how odd it all looks and how much it stinks is either a liar or blinded by their agenda.

What is your understanding of the Ukraine stuff you're brining up? What part do you think Joe Biden played in it?
    Be specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Sure, you made it as clear as mud.

What kind of colours are we showing then?

And what is „their“ agenda?

Care to explain this further?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,779 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's ok I'm done with this now. Its been made very clear that you and a few others wouldn't care if Joe Biden murdered somebody so long as he beats Trump.

The immediate danger is Trump. He has to go because he is dangerously unfit for the office. He can't do the job.

If Biden has any issue they can be dealt with after the election.

The immediate priority is removing the current president.

There's absolutely no verified proof of any fault. This isn't the conspiracy forum where one fills in the gaps from a patchwork of dodgy sources.

If you want to build the case go right ahead, but stating that Hunter was on the board of a company in a foreign country whilst Biden was VP and then asking for our opinion is just weird as we, like when you brought up Tara Reed the other week, have no idea how you're framing the question

So you're done now after being vague. Dropping some words that you think mean things. Verging on conspiracy theory stuff and you're off.

And something about us not caring about Biden murdering someone...

The week before the election is going to be carnage in here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Your opinion on that.
    This is related.

A minor point, but the country is called Ukraine since independence.
    Putting 'The' in front of it is moderately offensive to Ukrainians, as it harks back to the nomenclature when it was a province of the USSR.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement