Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Have we got to the stage in the Trump campaign where Trump is blaming this all on a media conspiracy or is it too early yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Graham wrote: »
    Have we got to the stage in the Trump campaign where Trump is blaming this all on a media conspiracy or is it too early yet.

The media have been attacking him every day since he announced he was running for president. If we're to look at who controls the media, it is the same very sick and evil people that also control the global financial system, music industry and Hollywood. But even with the onslaught by the fake media against him, I still expect Trump to be triumphant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Hoop66

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/18/business/media/new-york-post-hunter-biden.html

The already fragile credibility of this story takes another blow...

Reporters at the NYP refusing to add their bylines to the story
    The “sources” are Giuliani & Steve “out on bail” Bannon.

Is anyone seriously still claiming this story has any validity?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,637 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The media have been attacking him every day since he announced he was running for president. If we're to look at who controls the media, it is the same very sick and evil people that also control the global financial system, music industry and Hollywood. But even with the onslaught by the fake media against him, I still expect Trump to be triumphant.

Who :confused:

Hoop66 wrote: »
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/18/business/media/new-york-post-hunter-biden.html

Reporters at the NYP refusing to add their bylines to the sort
    The “sources” are Giuliani & Steve “out on bail” Bannon.

Is anyone seriously still claiming this story has any validity?

MAGA: "NYP is credible"

NYP's Journalists: "Don't put my name on that."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,675 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Murdock, a big Trump supporter, controls a massive amount of the media.

You cannot continue to claim the media is out to get him whilst Fox News continues to be the biggest TV news by far.

The media haven't attacked Trump. They have reported on his mistakes, gaffes, lies, cover ups, nepotism, cronyism. And tried to hold him accountable for his consistent failures.

I think one of the main problems Trump is facing in this campaign is that, apart from his already signed up supporters, people simply don't believe him. He has cried wolf too many times, lied too many times, been caught out too many times.

Hoop66 wrote: »

You couldn't make this stuff up :D
    The New York Post’s front-page article about Hunter Biden on Wednesday was written mostly by a staff reporter who refused to put his name on it
    Bruce Golding, a reporter at the Rupert Murdoch-owned tabloid since 2007, did not allow his byline to be used because he had concerns over the article’s credibility
    Many Post staff members questioned whether the paper had done enough to verify the authenticity of the hard drive’s contents
    Staff members also had concerns about the reliability of its sources and its timing
    The New York Times, The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal have reported that they could not independently verify the data in the Post article, which included hedging language, referring at one point to an email “allegedly sent” to Hunter Biden.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭hometruths

It's either

a) a conspiracy
    b) they knew he wasn't competent to hold office

Anybody competent enough to stand for election and win that election is competent enough to hold office. That’s the whole idea. The only essential qualification is winning enough votes.

It is unlikely he will win a second election because the voters will express their opinion on his competence.

Thankfully the voters still decide who should be president, not the media.

It's either

a) a conspiracy

It's also self fulfilling persecution complex nonsense. "Why doesn't the media like me, all I said was that they were enemies of the state and nudged on violence toward journalists, what a bunch of babies" etc.

schmittel wrote: »
    Anybody competent enough to stand for election and win that election is competent enough to hold office.

In rebuttal

Trump

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

It's either

a) a conspiracy

Two to three weeks till its all over. I think most people have made up their minds now who they'll vote for. They're very little that will change between now and then.

Trump wins it is embarrassing , when most of the media in the US for 4 years have being trying to get him out. It should be a wake up call for them the American public not interested in what they have to say anymore.

Trump hasn't destroyed the country. Democrats will have you believing its 1929 depression with Trump as president, when in reality employment was high before covid 19.. Economic situation matters alot to people who work pay check to pay check.If Trumps wins it be because he offered a way out for them still. The unknown factor do the black community and latinos still support Trump, he did surprisely better than most people thought last time. Events last month may sway black voters but thats still to be seen.

Its not really a conspiracy to highlight there was an active campaign by the left to link Trump to Russia and Putin. The media claimed Trump was an agent for Russia. That was the whole point of the mulller investigation, state Russia had destroyed Hilary election hopes and Trump had helped take her down.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Why does it not surprise me that one of the bylines the NYP put on the non-story was of someone who didn’t even know about it until after it was published.

Something ‘stinks’ about this story alright. So much so that nobody in the NYP wanted anything to do with it.

Interested to see what the posters will say who claimed it must have been vigorously fact checked..

In rebuttal

Trump

If you believe that then it’s tantamount to saying the result of 2016 election should have been ignored, and Hillary declared the winner. Which is obviously ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Overheal wrote: »
    Interesting how none of that does anything to actually refute the argument that OAN is not credible.

It was not intending to, as you will see if you read my post I am referring to the part I bolded in the quote, The No remotely credible news organization will cover this story part. I simple was posting that a lot of what I am sure that poster thinks of as credible news organizations are infact partisan hacks and dont want their guy to look bad, If this was Trump that had dealings with the Ukraine then these same organizations would be all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Who are the sick and evil people who control everything? Is it co-ordinated?

What's your view of Qanon?

If you believe that then it’s tantamount to saying the result of 2016 election should have been ignored

No, that was neither said nor implied.

Two to three weeks till its all over. I think most people have made up their minds now who they'll vote for. They're very little that will change between now and then..

Given the current polls, let us hope you are correct.

It was not intending to, as you will see if you read my post I am referring to the part I bolded in the quote, The No remotely credible news organization will cover this story part. I simple was posting that a lot of what I am sure that poster thinks of as credible news organizations are infact partisan hacks and dont want their guy to look bad, If this was Trump that had dealings with the Ukraine then these same organizations would be all over it.

Come on, when the NY Post staff are questioning the credibility of their own papers stories the conspiracy theory just doesn't wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,611 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Is it possible that what this is about is trying to create indifference amongst the electorate and push them away from voting?
    Trump knows the idiots will vote for him and the majority of middle ground voters won't. If you get them thinking they don't like either candidate then they mightn't go vote at all.
    It's about all that makes sense if there is any brains behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Faugheen wrote: »
    Why does it not surprise me that one of the bylines the NYP put on the non-story was of someone who didn’t even know about it until after it was published.

Something ‘stinks’ about this story alright. So much so that nobody in the NYP wanted anything to do with it.

Aye, not exactly "Bob Woodward" territory is it?

Any journo wanting to advance their career would have their name up in shining lights on a big story. Except when it's bull**** and would destroy their credibility of course.

No, that was neither said nor implied.

I am not sure what rebuttal trump meant then.

It is an undisputed fact (apart from age/citizenship/criminal record) that the only essential qualification required to be president is to win the election.

No doubt plenty of people think Hillary was better qualified or more competent than Trump, but she failed the most important test. He passed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's what they think worked against Hillary, so caveman brain is trying to repeat the process, but orchestrated by 5 year olds with crayons.

The level of engagement this time seems to be high, with neither side taking a result for granted, even if a good amount of it is the DNC standing by while the GOP eats itself.

I am not sure what rebuttal trump meant then

A full term proving beyond a shadow of doubt that he's not fit to hold office.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Is it possible that what this is about is trying to create indifference amongst the electorate and push them away from voting?
    Trump knows the idiots will vote for him and the majority of middle ground voters won't. If you get them thinking they don't like either candidate then they mightn't go vote at all.
    It's about all that makes sense if there is any brains behind it.

I think that’s perfectly possible. And if the Dems keep pushing the Russian angle it might just work.

Meh. Your causal links between people don't really cement the argument that those same orgs are not "remotely credible."

astrofool wrote: »
    It's what they think worked against Hillary, so caveman brain is trying to repeat the process, but orchestrated by 5 year olds with crayons.

That's exactly it.

Anyone that's left from the last Trump campaign must be scratching their heads proclaiming "but it worked last time".

A full term proving beyond a shadow of doubt that he's not fit to hold office.

Yes, which is why I said he’s likely to lose the election. The voters get to judge who’s competent and who is not.

Not the media.

I don't think either side would argue the media has no influence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Beastie Boys for Biden. Game over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement