Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to cut back bricks from underdoor.

• 05-10-2020 8:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Long story short I have a door thats been fitted sitting on a concrete skim which in turn sits on flat blocks which protrude from the door about an inch. I want to cut this back to be flush/slightly behind the door so water running down the door doesnt pool at the base of the door frame (and penetrate).
    What the best way to do this?

I did 15mins with a bolster yesterday and got about a foot done, but want to make sure this is an ok approach.

Background if interested: The guys who installed the door didnt seal along the underneath of the door when installing it because 1 - they ran out of silicone, 2 metal spacers used to create the skim needed to be tapped through (these should have been removed in advance of the door being fitted, and 3 - the builder had remaining work to complete. I understand my mistake in not addressing this at the time.

Currently the skim is rough along the length of the door and where the metal spacers were tapped through is a hole, so water is getting in through those gaps.

I've used a bolster along the inside to remove the skim and it's flush.

I plan to use a bolster to remove the skim on the outside and take the block back to also be flush with door so water flows down to the gap between building and patio. I'll then use expanding foam in the existing gaps (where the metal spacers were), and then silicone in and out. Sound plan?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Got any pictures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I'll get some pics in a while.

Advertisement