If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound bar

Options
  • 05-10-2020 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi
    can you recommend a soundbar to go with a Philips 50PUS6754.
    These are the main features I would like
         Max budget is €500
         Volume should work from the tv remote (I have too many remotes already)
         Wireless sub
         I would like the ability to add 2 rear rear speakers, but this is not vital for now.

I would prefer if the speak is not too long, some soundbars (e.g. arc) are huge.

The Sonos beam looks perfect but I think the sonos sub is overpriced (or is it?).

Any other recommendations?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

bergipau wrote: »
    Hi
         Max budget is €500
         Wireless sub
         I would like the ability to add 2 rear rear speakers, but this is not vital for now.

I would prefer if the speak is not too long, some soundbars (e.g. arc) are huge.

The Sonos beam looks perfect but I think the sonos sub is overpriced (or is it?).

Hi bergipau,

Thanks for the post!

The Sonos system is incredible and you can do a lot with it but if I could recommend a different direction I would look at the Yamaha Musiccast!

Just over budget at 599 euro would be the Musiccast Bar 400 which comes with a wireless sub! The Musiccast system also allows app control and lets you add wireless Yamaha rears as well. The benefit of the Musiccast is you can link in any other Musiccast product incuding, streamers, turntables, amps and wireless speakers to give more flexibility than the Sonos offers!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203613-yamaha-musiccast-bar-400-soundbar.aspx

Let me know what you think of this option!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

Hi
         Max budget is €500
         Wireless sub

Hi bergipau,

Thanks for the post!

The Sonos system is incredible and you can do a lot with it but if I could recommend a different direction I would look at the Yamaha Musiccast!

Just over budget at 599 euro would be the Musiccast Bar 400 which comes with a wireless sub! The Musiccast system also allows app control and lets you add wireless Yamaha rears as well. The benefit of the Musiccast is you can link in any other Musiccast product incuding, streamers, turntables, amps and wireless speakers to give more flexibility than the Sonos offers!

Kind regards

David
    Arggghhh there goes my budget......
    But it does look good. My only concern is the bar looks a bit big.

2 Questions
    Can I control the volume with my philips tv control? or will it be a separate control?
    I will be placing this under my TV, it looks like the soundbar is designed to run the cables back or down, but not up. Is this correct?

Hi
         Max budget is €500
         Wireless sub

Hi bergipau,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David
    Arggghhh there goes my budget......
    But it does look good. My only concern is the bar looks a bit big.

2 Questions
    Can I control the volume with my philips tv control? or will it be a separate control?
    I will be placing this under my TV, it looks like the soundbar is designed to run the cables back or down, but not up. Is this correct?
    Hi Bergipau.

At the moment there is no ETA for more to arrive.
    We get a new stock file through every day or so and we will keep an eye for an ETA for you.

You would need to use the remote or app for controlling the volume of the Bar400 as I don't think your TV remote will operate it.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "is designed to run the cables back or down, but not up"
    The cables would come out the back of the BAR400 and then you can run them up or down as it would need connected to your source (Below) and TV (Above).

Hope this helps.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

Hi Bergipau.

We get a new stock file through every day or so and we will keep an eye for an ETA for you.

You would need to use the remote or app for controlling the volume of the Bar400 as I don't think your TV remote will operate it.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "is designed to run the cables back or down, but not up"
    The cables would come out the back of the BAR400 and then you can run them up or down as it would need connected to your source (Below) and TV (Above).

Hope this helps.

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny

I was hoping when connected to hdmi arc that the volume would automatically work from the tv remotes.

My plan is to wall mount the speaker under my TV, that would mean the speaker is tight to the wall, the images I have seen of the back look like it is not possible to run cables from the top of the speaker. I could mount the speaker out a few mm to get the space to run up cables but that wouldn't look great. 

Hi Bergipau.

Hope this helps.

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny

I was hoping when connected to hdmi arc that the volume would automatically work from the tv remotes.

My plan is to wall mount the speaker under my TV, that would mean the speaker is tight to the wall, the images I have seen of the back look like it is not possible to run cables from the top of the speaker. I could mount the speaker out a few mm to get the space to run up cables but that wouldn't look great. 
    Hi Bergipau.

I have the soundbar here on display and will connect it ARC to one of our televisions and test it out to see if the TV remote controls it.

The wall mounting points on the soundbar will not allow in to go flush to the wall and leaves it out from the wall about 1cm which will allow some of the slim HDMI cables to fit between it and the wall.

I'll revert back once I test the ARC out here at the store.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hi Bergipau.

Hope this helps.

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny

Hi Bergipau.

I have the soundbar here on display and will connect it ARC to one of our televisions and test it out to see if the TV remote controls it.

The wall mounting points on the soundbar will not allow in to go flush to the wall and leaves it out from the wall about 1cm which will allow some of the slim HDMI cables to fit between it and the wall.

Kenny.
    Thanks again Kenny

Hi Bergipau.

Hope this helps.

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny

Hi Bergipau.

Kenny.
    Thanks again Kenny
    Hey Bergipau.

I can confirm that the TV remote will indeed control the volume of the soundbar via ARC.
    We tried LG, Panasonic and Sony and they all did it :)

Kenny.

Hey Bergipau.

I can confirm that the TV remote will indeed control the volume of the soundbar via ARC.

Kenny.

Super. Can you send me a pm when you get them in stock?

Hey Bergipau.

Kenny.

Super. Can you send me a pm when you get them in stock?
    Hey Bergipau.

If you want to drop me over your full name and address i can pop you onto our system so that we get a stock alert once they arrive back into the main warehouse.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.