Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fritz!Box and Media Server problem

• 05-10-2020 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭

Fritz!Box 7590 and wired LAN.

I thought to use the built in media server to set up some radio stations for easy access by various devices.

Unfortunately it does not seem to work very well here so would like some feedback from others who might have tried doing this.

The first limitation is that apparently it will only function with MP3 streams.

BUT ...... when I launch VLC and try the available UPnP devices, the Fritz!Box is most times not even listed.

When it is listed it is rare for all the radio stations to be listed as available from the Fritz.

I would like to hear from others who have used or tried to use this function, thanks.

Advertisement