Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nest thermostat problem

• 05-10-2020 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20

Hi,
    I got a nest installed in 2018 and recently one of the zones has stopped heating (just in time for the cold spell!). The software and connections is working fine (it seems to be the nest heatlink switch on the boiler), was wondering if it is under warranty?
    I emailed the homeservices@electricireland.ie last month, but haven't heard back, do you know who I can contact?
    Kind Regards,
    Hugh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi benzene12,

Sorry to read you have not received a response - that is unusual, the team would normally have responded long ago by now.

Home Energy Services can be contacted on their direct line 1850 372 333 if you give them a call - they are open until 6pm. And request that they check whether your email was received also.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pm9999

Hugh

If you have no joy with EI Home Services, try going direct to Nest. I had one fail (originally an EI install) during lockdown 1. EI wouldn't do anything due to lockdown, but Nest themselves supplied a new thermostat & heatlink. After lockdown, I paid to have it installed & Nest reimbursed me. They (Nest) were excellent throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 benzene12

pm9999 wrote: »
    Hugh

If you have no joy with EI Home Services, try going direct to Nest. I had one fail (originally an EI install) during lockdown 1. EI wouldn't do anything due to lockdown, but Nest themselves supplied a new thermostat & heatlink. After lockdown, I paid to have it installed & Nest reimbursed me. They (Nest) were excellent throughout.
    Hi pm9999, thanks for that. I tried with nest already, they went through the system and recommended getting back in touch with the installer.  

Hi benzene12,

Sorry to read you have not received a response - that is unusual, the team would normally have responded long ago by now.

Home Energy Services can be contacted on their direct line 1850 372 333 if you give them a call - they are open until 6pm. And request that they check whether your email was received also.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Hi Una,
    Thanks for that, I'll give them a call tomorrow morning.

Hi all,
    Not sure if this is useful but worked for me, so thought I would share. In my case the nest thermostat was sending a signal to the heat link (you can hear a click at the heatlink),but the heat/water didn’t switch on, turned out it was the electric motorized valve switch (in my case it was a EPH motorised valve control model V221P, yellow block that sits on top of a pipe and switches the valve to open/close). 
    All I had to do was replace the EPH switch, 55 euro, from chadwicks and working fine since

• Advertisement
Advertisement