Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate All-Ireland Landmark Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

GPO i guess. at least you can get a rub of Chu Chulainn's lucky foot! (Or maybe you cant anymore)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Guinness Storehouse - because I like Guinness, and there are always religious zealots hanging about outside the GPO and O'Connell Street is the most unappealing street in the whole city, in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

ChannelNo5 wrote: »
    Shocked at that one. Storehouse for me is down there with Temple Bar.
    This!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,347 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Shocked at that one. Storehouse for me is down there with Temple Bar.

I voted for Temple bar because nice old buildings and historical events are great but everyday life is important too.
    The actor Joseph Gordon Levitt has a web site where he collects people s photos and is currently doing Ireland. Some beautiful pictures but I was a bit disappointed that all the submissions were beaches and cliffs and no one thought of the people when trying to portray Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 26,347 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Guinness Storehouse - because I like Guinness, and there are always religious zealots hanging about outside the GPO and O'Connell Street is the most unappealing street in the whole city, in my opinion

Storehouse for me too.
    It's O'Connell St. more than the building or the history that gives me no joy when I pass by

• Advertisement

GPO for me - although as someone else pointed out, it's location has descended into kipsville, it's the better of the two (poor IMO) options.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    I voted for Temple bar because nice old buildings and historical events are great but everyday life is important too.
    The actor Joseph Gordon Levitt has a web site where he collects people s photos and is currently doing Ireland. Some beautiful pictures but I was a bit disappointed that all the submissions were beaches and cliffs and no one thought of the people when trying to portray Ireland

Completely get you breezy. im thinking of what its become now. i used to love that area when it just had all the trendy second hand clothes and dingy nik nak shops and little art galleries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

GPO for me, although I do love a pint of Guinness.

I'm really surprised the customs house wasn't in there too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

GPO for the history.

Missed the last matches, would have voted Croker, darn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

GPO, mainly for its immense place in Irish history.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

5 minutes remaining

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I'm really surprised the customs house wasn't in there too
    I think I nominated five for Dublin and had to cut the Customs House to keep to my limit.

But yeah, agree with you that it deserves a mention alright.

GPO advances and will represent Dublin

Enniskillen Castle

vista-esterna.jpg

Cuilcagh Mountain Trail aka Stairway to Heaven

18698507_1560700740608758_748833635017034395_n.jpg

Marble Arch Caves

Marble.jpg

Florence Court

Florence-Court-County-Fermanagh.jpg

Crom Estate

161865_p1.jpg

Devenish Island

Devenishisland.jpg

Drumskinny Stone Circle

Drumskinny-Stone-Circle.jpg

Marble Arch Caves ; I love caves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Cuilcagh Mountain Trail - no contest for me, climbed it last summer and the views were spectacular.

Wow. Going to be honest here and say I knew nothing about Fermanagh, but they all look decent nominations.

I'll go with the Stairway to Heaven based purely off the photos (though it's kind of cheating for me to vote having admitted I'd never heard of any of them!)

Marble Arch caves. Looks quite cool.

cdeb wrote: »
    (though it's kind of cheating for me to vote having admitted I'd never heard of any of them!)

I haven't heard of most of the places I've voted for so far (aside from Dublin and Clare, I think)... It's just a tournament on boards, not a geography test... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Stairway to Heaven - other sites that have come up, I've known or had some awareness of but wow this was straight out of the blue - one for my must see list.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Omackeral wrote:
    Devenish Island

Likely not to win but I think it's absolutely gorgeous

I haven't heard of most of the places I've voted for so far (aside from Dublin and Clare, I think)... It's just a tournament on boards, not a geography test... :pac:
    Ah, I'd feel bad for any real Fermanagh people to be messing up their county vote.

But then I guess meeting someone from Fermanagh is about as likely as meeting someone from Leitrim, so maybe you're right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I've been to Devenish and it is class, as is the boat trip there but vote Cuilcagh Mountain Trail aka Stairway to Heaven as it's right near the top of my to-do list, looks amazing

Ah, I'd feel bad for any real Fermanagh people to be messing up their county vote.

But then I guess meeting someone from Fermanagh is about as likely as meeting someone from Leitrim, so maybe you're right :)

You're a better person than I, because I'd say... F**k 'Em! :pac::pac::pac:

And that goes for every county, not just Fermanagh

You're a better person than I, because I'd say... F**k 'Em! :pac::pac::pac:

And that goes for every county, not just Fermanagh
    I swear to God - you mess with my Wicklow vote and... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I swear to God - you mess with my Wicklow vote and... :D
    I've already messed with Wicklow with my nomination :pac:

Marble Arch Caves

Stairway to Heaven looks like the work of an apprentice carpenter.

You never know where they are hiding......
    :)

My vote for marble arch caves, know them all well, this is my favourite

• Advertisement

Stairway to Heaven - I've wanted to do that for ages, had completely forgotten about it, thanks for the reminder!

Advertisement