Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate All-Ireland Landmark Tournament

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I think you've miscounted there omack! 1-½ to the Sea Stack became 1½-½ to the bridge

But same winner in the end as I think you've just left half a point out for the stack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Disgusted. , putting kids to bed so didn’t have time to link between the bridge and the Colony of Jumpers

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You're correct cdeb. Embarrassing! It's moot though, as you say, as the Stack would have had a half point more. Decision stands but the method was all over the gaff :P

Second Premlim incoming and it's a scenic one.

Moore Hall

z3x7q35ogzz7k9enqgg0.jpg

Céide Fields

ceide_cliffs-580x329.jpg

Croagh Patrick

Croagh_Patrick%2C_the_saddle_on_the_western_flanks_-_geograph.org.uk_-_605872.jpg

Loch Mask

Loch-Mask.jpg

Doolough Valley

Doolough_Valley__Co_Mayo_Tourism_Ireland.jpg

Lough Nafooey

connemara-lough-nafooey-03.jpg

Clew Bay

42867.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The scenery is absolutely breathtaking.

But feck it, I'm going for Moore Hall here, that overhead shot is just incredible with the forest surrounding it. Any ghost stories about there I wonder?

*Runs off to Google*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Moore Hall ; that looks amazing. Never heard of it, but based on that picture its my discovery of the tournament. Seems really eerie and unique, and I definitely want to go there

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Clew Bay for me, because I've sailed there, and the tale of an island for every day of the year is just irresistible, and the view of it from the top of Croagh Patrick on a clear day is just magnificent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Did the Achill cliffs not get nominated?

Lots of lovely scenery there, as to be expected from Mayo, but I love the looks of Moore Hall. Never heard of it, but as abandoned buildings go (and I like a good abandoned building for some reason), it looks spectacular. Gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

I like them all but Lough NaFooey - because Kari Kola installed lights to bounce off the mountains, as an art thing. It would have been fantastic except it was cancelled just before the viewing. Also its right on the border with Galway and maybe more Galway than Mayo - so my bad :o

Moore Hall ; that looks amazing. Never heard of it, but based on that picture its my discovery of the tournament. Seems really eerie and unique, and I definitely want to go there

According to Wiki, the house was burned down in 1923 by anti-Treaty irregular forces during the Irish Civil War as Maurice Moore was viewed as pro-Treaty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

How on earth has Keem Bay not been nominated on the Mayo list, it's just incredible...

https://achilltourism.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/keembay_classic_800x596.jpg

Any hope of a second chance for landmarks we forgot to nominate?!

Moore Hall is great for a walk with the kids or the dog, and Croagh Patrick is possibly the iconic Mayo landmark. But I'll go for Doolough Valley from this list, it's just incredible scenery combined with a tragic history.

Still can't believe Keem Bay wasn't nominated though. Third best beach in the world...

https://achilltourism.com/news/keem-bay-ranked-in-worlds-best-beaches-lists/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Yeah, Moore Hall is different and looks amazing, a vote from me too.

Necro wrote: »

But feck it, I'm going for Moore Hall here, that overhead shot is just incredible with the forest surrounding it. Any ghost stories about there I wonder?

*Runs off to Google*

Famous for this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Henry_Moore_(politician)

How on earth has Keem Bay not been nominated on the Mayo list, it's just incredible...

https://achilltourism.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/keembay_classic_800x596.jpg

Moore Hall is great for a walk with the kids or the dog, and Croagh Patrick is possibly the iconic Mayo landmark. But I'll go for Doolough Valley from this list, it's just incredible scenery combined with a tragic history.

Still can't believe Keem Bay wasn't nominated though. Third best beach in the world...

https://achilltourism.com/news/keem-bay-ranked-in-worlds-best-beaches-lists/

For what it's worth, I thought I'd nominated Keem Bay! Clearly I didn't....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ceide Fields - fully fledged settlement from 5000 years ago. Makes the Dublinia celebrations look about 2000 years too early

I do love clew bay but because I can see it best from croagh Patrick, I'm going to vote for croagh Patrick.

A good, tough but manageable hike, and fabulous views, a Mayo highlight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Moore Hall that picture of it looks amazing, makes me want to visit

Moore hall for me .. simply because curraghchase didn’t get
    Nominated and they are remarkably similar . And I now need to look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Necro wrote: »

*Runs off to Google*

https://lovin.ie/amp/lifestyle/moore-hall-park-mayo-ireland

Aerial Photography Mayo have some great shots of Moorehall on their Instagram feed, well worth a follow.

Incidentally get there quick if you want to see it in its current condition, the Council have bought it and they have plans.

Céide Fields

Ancient settlements make me moist.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I thought I'd nominated Keem Bay! Clearly I didn't....

I nominated the clapper bridge . Intended nominating keem and aasleagh falls too but forgot

Moore Hall advances to the Mayo Qualifying Play-off

I've seen more impressive farmyard gaffs.

With all due respect, absolutely not!

Downpatrick Head Sea Stack

gYLv5ABmoT44s9KaWq6txR_WBlA0WZupxGTGR3TJwhEWci3JG0ur5MbqKM4cC5ZhLZwi4gyVNUJxzEEEmsDnmPFEW6So-UN_WX3F1VTMCpNhRq0

VS

Moore Hall

z3x7q35ogzz7k9enqgg0.jpg

Sea Stack

Ooof, that's a TOUGH choice!!!

Tough one but Moore Hall for its beauty but more so its history.

Torn here. I really want to go to Moore Hall but I think the Sea Stack is just amazing so I have to vote for it.

It really is incredibly unique.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Moore Hall I really like both but Moore Hall is too awesome to vote against, good job whoever nominated it

Advertisement