Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate All-Ireland Landmark Tournament

Comments

Downpatrick Head Sea Stack

A fantastic natural beauty, would be famous anywhere! The other is a house. that's a good photo, but just a house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'll go for the sea stack, as the one I'm most likely to go out of my way to visit

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Two great and different nominations here. Can we just kick Laois out of it and let them both through?

I think I'll go with Moore Hall, just. Abandoned buildings are great, and that's a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

That actually makes the Hall look more impressive. Completely surrounded by forest. Love it. (But have already voted for it. And won't complain if the sea stack gets through)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Genuinely don't mind which wins this, those photos are incredible Cosmo.

I'm going to stick with my pick from the first semi and go with Dun Briste sea stack.

Apart from being an excellent geological example of a sea stack it also comes with an interesting blow hole (sea caves, before you ask) just inland. So there's a lot of geography behind it, as well as it being impressive to look at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The sea stack, amazing views. Also has an Eire WW II ground sign

528807.jpeg

Also has a very sad story about a lady who threw her three kids and herself into one of the blow holes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Moore Hall ; stunning but also historical. Both great though, two really strong contenders, Mayo will have a great representative regardless who goes through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

cdeb wrote: »
    Can we just kick Laois out of it and let them both through?

I think I'll go with Moore Hall

The irony in this is wonderful. Laois is nicknamed the O'Moore county :pac:

Moore Hall - I really really really want to live there surrounded by acres of trees. Love it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Downpatrick sea stack for sure. The first time I was there I was terrified I was going to get blown off the edge, it was so windy. It's magnificent though.

Moore Hall - I really really really want to live there surrounded by acres of trees. Love it.

I dunno, this story that Cosmo posted makes me want to visit but leave really really quickly :pac:

https://lovin.ie/amp/lifestyle/moore-hall-park-mayo-ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Downpatrick Head Sea Stack

Couple more of Downpatrick

528808.jpeg

528809.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Sea stack for me. Amazing looking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Necro wrote: »
    I dunno, this story that Cosmo posted makes me want to visit but leave really really quickly :pac:

https://lovin.ie/amp/lifestyle/moore-hall-park-mayo-ireland

Everything about that article only makes it more appealing for me... would love nothing more than to live in a haunted mansion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Sea stack for me. Absolutely class and I love those Eire signs.

• Advertisement

Downpatrick Head Sea Stack advances and will represent Mayo

If the last hour has taught me anything it's that we're underselling ourselves in Mayo as a tourist destination.

If the last hour has taught me anything it's that we're underselling ourselves in Mayo as a tourist destination.

Missed out on Foxford Woolen Mills
    Ballycroy National Park with its zero light pollution, camped out there during the summer, it was class
    Mwellrea
    Laherdane - Ireland’s titanic village
    Portacloy cliff walk at Carrowteigue
    Irishtown - Cradle of the land league
    Ballinafad House in Belcarra

Tomorrow’s action begins with the Royal County. A few gems in there I’m sure you’ll agree. Until then, have a good night and stay safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Omackeral wrote: »
    Downpatrick Head Sea Stack advances and will represent Mayo

Phew, glad this got through! One of my nominations and I completely missed the voting :eek:

Morning, currently making the Meath Qualifying match here. I can upload at in he next few minutes if people are ready, willing and able?

Omackeral wrote:
    Morning, currently making the Meath Qualifying match here. I can upload at in he next few minutes if people are ready, willing and able?

*Waves*

Morning Omack!

Go for it.

Hill of Tara

JnmWIkPasrnnfwBwOnE-eA4fePvhhPahIm1slRm_E9xmyjHqWEHnR5lD6qIQ_b4DdkKUrkrlJHD2i_JHenkWNZvOVwOTnmpMd-4Uo6KXZ9u55nkUh84r4lkVD6XzX_uJmoSQRRZbL9wfva0uSlk2B0k

Tower of Lloyd

Meath-Tower-of-Lloyd-Kells-CROP.jpg

Newgrange

MI_Newgrange_green_Getty.jpg?t=1565347393

Trim Castle

march_new_21032011_28.4a4328c4.jpg

Loughcrew Tombs

Loughcrew2.e7c09240.jpg

Slane Castle

jRjDIdoGnr-uscnjJIR4f3ErbPpgLLhEHCjuY8UZ3p4mw1YCQnD-Lb5NVdOfKsZZRvpM9krm7hFmjb-hHl2u6Sej0gW9cyzxke_W_FAk8oGySXzoR38e6Kxkm2kmCh5seJE

Ireland's Oldest Bridge, Trim

ireland-s-oldest-bridge.jpg

• Advertisement

Hhmmm, not spectacular....... Trim & surrounds are lovely but for this I'm going to vote for Slane castle, for the concerts and memories over the years.

Advertisement