Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate All-Ireland Landmark Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Powerscourt ,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

5 minutes remaining

Victor's Way advances to the Wicklow Qualifying Play-off

Glendalough National Park

Glendalough-lakes.jpg

VS

Victor's Way

Photo-2020-10-06-01-41-28-PM.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Glendalough ,,, a fun park for families

Unlike victors way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Victor's Way ; it's the discovery of the tournament for me. Definitelty want to go see it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Victors Way is interesting, but I think Glendalough is a national icon - balancing history and scenery - so it deserves to go through here

I'm going with Victors Way here, Glendalough is beautiful but we have many beautiful places in this country.
    Victors Way is a very unique place

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You're giving Victor's way a bit of a boost there with the multiple pics!

Think I'm going to stick with Glendalough all the same, just because it's beautiful and scenic and historical.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Victor's Way
    It's like nothing else in Ireland, probably the world!
    It's terrifying, really weird but an amazing place, everyone should go once

Here's another picture...

Photo-2020-10-06-01-41-28-PM.jpg
    Still Victor's Way :)

There's lots of places as nice as Glendalough, Lough Ouler for one. Glendalough just had the reputation and the car park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Victors Way for what Electric said in the heats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

A tough call.
    I will go for Victor's Way. It has been in my list for a while now, a very unique sight.

5 minutes remaining

Victor's Way.

Not very Irish. Unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Victor's Way. something different, Glendalough is beautiful though

Victor's Way advances and will represent Wicklow

That is shock of the tournament. Saved the best til last!

Omackeral wrote: »
    Victor's Way advances and will represent Wicklow

Whoo-hoo and wow!
    That was my only non-Donegal nomination and I didn't expect it to do so well, Wicklow has some big hitters. Delighted :D

It really is an incredible place. Batshıt crazy, but incredible!

Whoo-hoo and wow!
    That was my only non-Donegal nomination and I didn't expect it to do so well, Wicklow has some big hitters. Delighted :D

It really is an incredible place. Batshıt crazy, it incredible!

I don't know if you have to pay to go there but I reckon you should be on commission because I'd say at least 10 of us will be going for a visit on the back of this!

Omackeral wrote: »
    I don't know if you have to pay to go there but I reckon you should be on commission because I'd say at least 10 of us will be going for a visit on the back of this!
    Ha ha, I'll phone and ask tomorrow!
    Think it's a fiver in or something, it's not a lot. That might even be the price per car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Glendalough National Park
    Has to be, doesn't it? Yes it's too crowded and there are nicer places around if you know where to go but it's so iconic and a great spot for a hike

Best thing about operation fannacht is that the hordes from Dublin have been kept away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Ha ha, I'll phone and ask tomorrow!
    Think it's a fiver in or something, it's not a lot. That might even be the price per car

Fiver each and you must have cash. You enter through this vagina resembling gateway.. A lot of the pieces are good. Some are amazing.

Fiver each and you must have cash. You enter through this vagina resembling gateway..
    Just read the philosophy on the website again, so crazy. On that vagina tunnel...
    By going through Victoria’s Gate one leaves behind (i.e. temporarily dies to) one’s everyday world with all its stresses, cares, joys and sorrows. Victoria’s Gate, a sheela-na-gig, represents a birth canal.

On the other side of Victoria’s Gate one as it were enters a timeless, form-less world, a womb-like reality (like the nave (originally: navel ≈ sanctum) of a church, mosque or temple, to wit, the holy of holies*) wherein one’s original, therefore virtually true potential has not yet been relativized and actualised. Beyond the gate one is as it were bathed in and cleansed by one’s original, indeed, by any possible purpose/being (Sanskrit: dharma) to be made actually real, hence true.

This his side of the gate one lives one’s actual, relatively (because conditional) true/perfect being, true because one is ‘here and now’ the outcome** of all the ‘best’ choices one (i.e. one’s Bio-Nav) has made. Beyond the gate one can access one’s virtually true potential since no everyday (i.e. this side) choices (i.e. applications) have yet been made. Beyond the gate one is as it were bathed in and cleansed by one’s original and essential purpose (in ancient India called the SAT-guru) before being born again with a new purpose and new vigour.

It therefore helps, meaning that it’s less distracting, if one leaves one’s mobile and personal chatter, that is to say, the dross of the everyday world, on this side of the gate. Then, passing through the gate and wandering alone and at half speed, becalmed and fully mindful, one enters an enchanted forest wherein one encounters 7 icons that represent 7 essential personal development and therefore survival programs which, when processed, help refocus the wanderer’s attention upon the supreme purpose/goal of his or her brief existence.

Cleansed and refreshed by the vision of one’s ultimate purpose in life (and, if fully mindful, of life as such) and the means to its fulfilment (in IT terms, defragmented and returned briefly to ‘factory settings’, thereby fully restored as logic unit capable of processing the world at maximum speed), one exits via the gate (i.e. as birth canal) and is, as it were, born again.

*… the holy of holies, or sanctum, serves as default ‘setting’ for the recovery and consummation of one’s wholeness (or completeness). Entering the sanctum via the gate the pilgrim is cleansed (i.e. defragmented), regenerated (i.e. by the vision of the goal) and refreshed (i.e. reconfigured) so that upon leaving the sanctum (i.e. the womb of creation) the pilgrim may recover his or her true path to personal salvation.

*… In ancient Buddhism one’s current status, a condition (i.e. influence) for positive or negative change within oneself or others, was called karmic residue.

So, what's the story with the main playoff?

I'm hopelessly addicted to this now, don't want to miss any of it if I can help it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    So, what's the story with the main playoff?

I'm hopelessly addicted to this now, don't want to miss any of it if I can help it!

Same.

This your line-up for the Ultimate All-Ireland Landmark Championship
    Antrim
    The Giant's Causeway

Armagh
    Armagh Observatory and Planetarium

Carlow
    Duckett's Grove

Cavan
    Cloughoughter Castle

Clare
    Cliffs of Moher

Cork
    Charles Fort

Derry
    Derry City Walls

Donegal
    Grianan of Aileach

Down
    Scrabo Tower

Dublin
    GPO

Fermanagh
    Stairway to Heaven

Galway
    Kylemore Abbey

Kerry
    Skellig Islands

Kildare
    Irish National Stud and Japanese Gardens

Kilkenny
    St Canice's Cathedral and Round Tower

Laois
    The Rock of Dunamase

Leitrim
    Glencar Waterfall

Limerick Qualifying Match
    King John's Castle

Longford
    The Corlea Trackway

Louth
    Mary McAleese Boyne Valley Bridge

Mayo
    Downpatrick Head Sea Stack

Meath
    Newgrange

Monaghan
    The Tin Church

Offaly
    Kinnitty Pyramid

Roscommon
    Lough Key Forest Park

Sligo
    Gleniff Horseshoe Valley

Tipperary
    The Rock of Cashel

Tyrone
    The Tinnies

Waterford
    Coumshingaun Lough

Westmeath
    Athlone Castle

Wexford
    Hook Lighthouse

Wicklow
    Victor's Way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Giants Causeway and Skelligs would be the bookies favourites

Fiver each and you must have cash. You enter through this vagina resembling gateway.. A lot of the pieces are good. Some are amazing.

Yeah that won't be a problem...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Green&Red wrote: »

Downpatrick should do well too depending on the draw imo

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Cliffs of Moher, though, for sheer name recognition?

Or the Hook lighthouse could be a good outside bet........

Advertisement