Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate All-Ireland Landmark Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I love the randomness of that stairs but gotta go Skellig Islands, they look awesome. Kerry is the only county I've never been to, could be worth a visit

Skellig

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    Gonna go with Stairway to Heaven here. I don't think they have a chance in hell up against the Skelligs but I'd prefer to visit there than Skelligs so....
    I'm with Necro here, given the choice I'd rather go and walk the stairway. I agree that it's a losing vote here though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Skellig Islands, to iconic to lose this round, should go far in the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Skelligs.

I was lucky enough to get out to Skellig Michael a few years ago (pre-Star Wars fame), and it was just a mind-blowing experience.

The scenery, the history, the way it's been restored/preserved, and just the sheer madness of the whole thing!

And even without the whole monastery thing going on, the two rocks are pretty impressive landmarks on their own, and the gannet colony on the Little Skellig is amazing to see.

• Advertisement

Skellig Islands

Despite never having got onto these, yet! I have been up Cuilcagh, doesn't compare.
    Skelligs every time

Stairway to heaven

It is an amazing trail with amazing views the whole way up. The thoughts of a bottle of cold bulmers with loads of ice gets you through the trek back down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

10 minutes remaining

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I'm with Necro here, given the choice I'd rather go and walk the stairway. I agree that it's a losing vote here though :p
    I don't think the stairs deserve a whitewash here (though I voted the Skelligs)

They and the Longford road have made my to-do list, and probably others' too. That's worth acknowledging I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Skellig for me

Kolido wrote: »
    I love the randomness of that stairs but gotta go Skellig Islands, they look awesome. Kerry is the only county I've never been to, could be worth a visit

How long have you lived in Ireland Kolido? You should rectify that as soon as you can. Dingle and Valentia island in particular

• Advertisement

Kerry is class, great county to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Skelligs

Would love to see the Stairway to Heaven but the raw beauty of the Skelligs can't be topped by that.

The Skellig Islands advance to Round 2

Waterford

Coumshingaun Lough

coumshingaun-lough.jpg

VS

Down

Scrabo Tower

unnamed-3.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Don't think this is any contest really. A tower versus one of the most scenic lakes in Europe

Coumshingaun the easy choice for me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Coumshingaun Lough ; it looks really peaceful and epiphany-inducing

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Gonna go for Scrabo Tower here..... again on the basis that I'm far more likely to get up close and personal with it than getting anywhere near that view of the lake!

Plus it's quirky, and nice-looking, and reportedly has amazing views.

Suspect I'll be on a hiding to nothing, though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭r439z5ifwt8soq

Coumshingaun, a fine example of a glacial lake

I'll have to go with the bookies' favourite.

Coumshingaun Lough.

I nominated Scrabo Tower but this is a no contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Coumshingaun Lough I visited this lake when I was in school and remember it being beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭friso59

Gonna go with the lough here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

We seem to be rooting out the no hopers early on here, although that's possibly harsh on stairway to heaven. For a coastal county you'd have hoped Down would have something more interesting than the tower though.

Anyway, Coumshingaun gets my vote here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Scarbo tower for me. Love a good tower

Scrabo Tower for me, I'm a building/bridge lover, and this is a good tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

ive been to both but, Coumshingaun is such a beautiful sight, been a few times and with good weather its amazing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Coumshingaun Lough

Genuinely the find of the tournament for me. Absolutely stunning

The tower for me. I like pointy things

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Coumshingaun Lough
    I do like the tower but this place looks stunning. Also, we need some loughs after the Wicklow upset :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Coumshingaun Lough.
    I voted for Scrabo Tower in the heats but that lough is just stunning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Coumshingaun Lough

Advertisement