If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hisense U7Q vs the rest?

Options
  • 05-10-2020 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I’m looking to get a new tv in and around the €700 mark, 50 or 55 inch. Overall pic quality is my main concern, don’t really care about smarts. So, even though I wouldn’t have usually considered a Hisense at all, the ULED seems to be their version of QLED. This is the TV I’m considering:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204749-hisense-55u7qftuk-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-uled-tv-freeview-play.aspx

but if the ULED turns out to be not all that, an LG LED (UN8XXX) would probably be my next choice.

So, thoughts on the ULED pic quality?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

deadduck wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m looking to get a new tv in and around the €700 mark, 50 or 55 inch. Overall pic quality is my main concern, don’t really care about smarts. So, even though I wouldn’t have usually considered a Hisense at all, the ULED seems to be their version of QLED. This is the TV I’m considering:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204749-hisense-55u7qftuk-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-uled-tv-freeview-play.aspx

but if the ULED turns out to be not all that, an LG LED (UN8XXX) would probably be my next choice.

So, thoughts on the ULED pic quality?
    Hi deadduck,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you!

I haven;t actually seen one of the ULED panels running but I have heard great things about them! The ULED has a quantum dot filter like the QLEDs which will give much better colour and brightness and also they support Dolby Vision which the Samsungs and LG UN series won't!

We do have very limited stock available and ready to ship!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204749-hisense-55u7qftuk-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-uled-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

Hi David,

Thanks for the info, wasn’t aware of the Dolby perks on the Hisense.

Although I’m probably settled on the U7Q, I might hold off until Black Friday and see if there any deals that might be going on it, or might even stretch to the U8Q if it came down a bit.

I think last year ye did a price guarantee for any purchases in November, that they’d be honoured by way of a refund if the same item got discounted on Black Friday. Do you know if it’ll be the same this year?

Garry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Snipped by Mod - See Charter, queries here are for RS to answer, Boardies opinions/advice not appropriate.

I’m not too worried. Any brand can break down, and anyone can be unlucky and have it happen to them, but that’s one of the reasons I’ll be buying from RS, their 6 year warranty is the best in the business.

Hi David,

Thanks for the info, wasn’t aware of the Dolby perks on the Hisense.

Although I’m probably settled on the U7Q, I might hold off until Black Friday and see if there any deals that might be going on it, or might even stretch to the U8Q if it came down a bit.

I think last year ye did a price guarantee for any purchases in November, that they’d be honoured by way of a refund if the same item got discounted on Black Friday. Do you know if it’ll be the same this year?

Garry
    Hey Deadduck.

No problem at all holding off until the Black Friday deal are released.
    They don't tell us until closer to the time unfortunately.

Hopefully the price guarantee that we normally offer will come into effect soon. 
    These type of things have to come down to us from head office :) 

The Hisense brand as far as I'm concerned has no higher fault rate than any other brand. 
    We see very little issues in relation to the volume we sell.

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hey Deadduck.

Hopefully the price guarantee that we normally offer will come into effect soon. 

The Hisense brand as far as I'm concerned has no higher fault rate than any other brand. 

Thanks

Kenny.

Great Kenny, I’ll keep an eye, and as soon as I see the guarantee show up, I’ll put the order in.

Garry

Hey Deadduck.

Thanks

Kenny.

Great Kenny, I’ll keep an eye, and as soon as I see the guarantee show up, I’ll put the order in.

Garry
    No problem at all Garry.

I'll keep my eye out for it too and drop you a post once its been confirmed.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.