Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea - Cancellation & refund

Options
  • 05-10-2020 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭

Dear All,

I have cancelled an order from Ikea online today. Called them today and was on hold for over 30 minutes with no luck :mad:

Any idea as to when I can get the refund on my debit card?

Got confirmation email from them saying it's cancelled but doesn't say any timeline for the refund.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Dear All,

I have cancelled an order from Ikea online today. Called them today and was on hold for over 30 minutes with no luck :mad:

Any idea as to when I can get the refund on my debit card?

Got confirmation email from them saying it's cancelled but doesn't say any timeline for the refund.

Thanks!

You're not going to see a refund on your card the same day as you cancel your order.

Give it a few business days. Try Thursday or Friday. Though it might be quicker, maybe Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

3-5 days is normal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,637 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Moved to Consumer Issues. Please read the local charter before posting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Many thanks!

My apologies to Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

if cancellation was done on a Monday, it will show Wed/Thurs. If cancellation is done on a Fri-sun, it will show Tues/wed.

So as above 2-5 days, longest is if the refund is processed on a Friday.

• Advertisement

I cancelled the order on Sunday.
    It's Wednesday today and no luck so far. I will update you all tomorrow.

Many thanks
    silver2020 wrote: »
    if cancellation was done on a Monday, it will show Wed/Thurs. If cancellation is done on a Fri-sun, it will show Tues/wed.

So as above 2-5 days, longest is if the refund is processed on a Friday.

I cancelled the order on Sunday.
    It's Wednesday today and no luck so far. I will update you all tomorrow.

Many thanks

They probably processed it on Monday.

A refund always has to be actioned and approved by a person - one of the reasons airline refunds took so long. So it will be from the time they actioned the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Cancelled something recently too, took 3 days i think. I wouldnt worry about it

Thanks for the info.
    Tomorrow will be 4th working day. Fingers crossed!
    TheW1zard wrote: »
    Cancelled something recently too, took 3 days i think. I wouldnt worry about it

It's the 5th working day today and still no sign of refund.
    I will call them on Monday.

• Advertisement

It's the 5th working day today and still no sign of refund.
    I will call them on Monday.

send an email - far easier for a response. Put order number in the subject line followed by "cancellation refund" and it will get to the right person

Call and you'll be waiting for ages and then pushed about and get a generic answer

I have been looking for an email address for IKEA Ireland but they don't seem to have one.

I rang them and waited very long, and no luck.
    silver2020 wrote: »
    send an email - far easier for a response. Put order number in the subject line followed by "cancellation refund" and it will get to the right person

Call and you'll be waiting for ages and then pushed about and get a generic answer

Just got in touch with IKEA over the phone.

It takes upto 10-14 working days for the refund.

Advertisement