Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AIRWIRE - avoid !!

• 05-10-2020 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Just a note to advise if you are on a fixed term contract with Airwire, be sure to cancel your direct debit when the contract ends !

Absolutely disgusted with Airwire - they ignored the end of my contract, ignored emails sent 40 days before contract end date, didn’t return phone calls - then took an extra months payment of €59 & now have the audacity to tell me that the end date of my contract is now end of October !

I will not use this company again & would advise anyone who does to be very careful and keep a careful eye on your bank account

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Get your bank to do a reverse charges on the €59 and block direct debits from Airwire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭ratracer

I was an Airwire customer for a good few years, only left as they couldn’t give me FTTH B/B at the time eir first rolled it out. My eir contract is up now though, and Airwire now provide the service, so I am giving serious consideration to going back to them.

Any time I needed assistance or technical support from them, it was excellent, and, unlike eir, quick!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭Falconire

I am with Airwire for a very long time and am very happy with the service. I never have issue contacting support if on the rare occasion I need to contact them.

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

Did you check with us, what the end of your contract is, before you cancelled or moved ?

It's not from the day you ordered. It's from the day you got connected. And then based on what contract you signed up for. Also, your contract goes into a rolling 30 day contract, once the contract term ends, so it's 30 days notice at any given time from the date you send your cancellation notice.

It's never a fixed contract. It's a minimum contract length, that becomes an open contract afterwards.

This sounds very much, that you had a different idea of the end of the contract, than what it actually was. You could even have checked this in the online portal with your customer details.

And should we miss a cancellation notice and find proof of it, once this get flagged with us, we'll always honor the original notice, as long as it arrived.

We also ALWAYS confirm by email, that we have received a cancellation. So if you didn't get reply from us, then it's likely that you may have send it to the wrong address. So it's always worth checking up a few days afterwards, that the cancellation indeed was received, if you don't get a response. A cancellation has to be done in writing, by email or letter. It can not be done by phone.

Advertisement