Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXV-44,159 ROI (1,830 deaths) 21,898 NI (598 deaths) (13/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

I keep hearing how innovative us Irish are...Surely now is the time for some of that innovation, we are so dependent on the hospitality sector...we need to find other sectors and encourage them to grown...We have the majority of our eggs in 2 baskets(Hospitality & American Multinational Corporations)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The closure of pubs and restaurants in Dublin (except outdoor dining) has had a clear impact in terms of slowing the growth of new cases though.

Whatever about pubs, restaurants had been open for months without any significant rises so I thinks its unfair to blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Really does appear Tony Holohan went off on a solo last night- would be interested to the hear exactly what happened.

Should he have come back so soon with his personal and family issues? Surely he must be extremely volatile emotionally at the moment.

I suppose Glynn had no choice but surely some oversight must have been provided to suggest Tony hold back for a few months....do some back office work or whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Randle P. McMurphy

He’s dead to me if he doesn’t Give a quote From a movie.

"I see dead people."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Are pubs and restaurants closed, level 3 on on gov.ie says there open a bit confused here

Outdoor service only up to max 15 customers.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Are pubs and restaurants closed, level 3 on on gov.ie says there open a bit confused here

As far as I can make out they are open but you can only eat/drink outside.... In October.... In ireland.

So they're basically closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

manniot2 wrote: »
    Some move by Holohan. Threaten level 5 and come away with people being happy with level 3 (the most restrictive countrywide lockdown in the world at the moment).

Israel?

Unless people will start staying in hotels within their county? Grand if you're in cork or kerry

Or Galway, Mayo. If you're in Louth you've got Carlingford or if that's your village I suppose you're stuck with Drogheda :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

majcos wrote: »
    I was actually thinking more about the millions of people in his own country that don’t have health insurance and are turned away from Emergency Departments for treatments that people get for free in the public health system here as much as it is maligned.

And by the way, the average person will not be getting Regeneron’s antibody cocktail, etc.

Exactly . Or Remdesivir .
    And if he has his way no Obamacare either .
    What a hypocritical ass he is , disgusting ! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    I keep hearing how innovative us Irish are...Surely now is the time for some of that innovation, we are so dependent on the hospitality sector...we need to find other sectors and encourage them to grown...We have the majority of our eggs in 2 baskets(Hospitality & American Multinational Corporations)

Like what out of interest. Any ideas.

So according to Mr Trump if you want to regain your youth again get Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

The closure of pubs and restaurants in Dublin (except outdoor dining) has had a clear impact in terms of slowing the growth of new cases though.

Restaurants had been open for months though when cases were low so not sure they made much of a difference in Dublin numbers last 2 weeks.

More than likely people not having large house gatherings and a bit of cop on thats reduced the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

"I see dead people."

Ahhhh Titanic

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

manniot2 wrote: »
    Some move by Holohan. Threaten level 5 and come away with people being happy with level 3 (the most restrictive countrywide lockdown in the world at the moment).

And if things go very bad and there is a Level 5 lockdown for any amount of time he will quietly text Martin "If only you has listened"!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Take away, outdoor only for restaurants

Absolutely ridiculous

Poor businesses

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

NPHET and the Government could be playing a good cop bad cop routine here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

They weren’t stopped from leaving the country boundaries for non essential reasons. People were allowed to have house parties, communion parties etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Restaurants had been open for months though when cases were low so not sure they made much of a difference in Dublin numbers.

More than likely people not having large house gatherings

Exactly

1 million kids back in education

Thats all thats changed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

What I would give to have a masculine leader like Vladimir Putin as our leader

Your soul?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

A strange observation. I was out and about today and the temperature was a pleasant 13 degrees and dry, yet Tony & co needed to wrap up and wear coats and scarves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Martin is basically betting his political future on level 3 working. If it doesn't he is finished as a serious player on the political scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Martin is basically betting his political future on level 3 working. If it doesn't he is finished as a serious player on the political scene.

:D:D:D:D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

CDC Says Virus Can Spread Indoors in Air Beyond 6 Feet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dmakc

Giving gardai lawful enforcement in county border restrictions and essentially closing pubs and restaurants sounds a lot more like level 4 to me essentially

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

MikeSoys wrote: »
    CDC Says Virus Can Spread Indoors in Air Beyond 6 Feet...

Old news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Level 5 within 2 weeks is my prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

He is near the end. His hope will be to see out these 2 years and then sit back as tanniste for another 2 before retiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭majcos

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    No one is turned away from emergency departments in the US. its literally illegal to deny treatment due to being uninsured. Don't know why people continue to believe this bull****.

The city I live in currently has more than 700 staffed ICU beds available, with just over a hundred others in use by covid patients. How many in ireland? Double figures? Maybe not Regeneron, but remdesivir, antibody treatment and all the other stuff he got, is standard treatment protocol for the average person. I know where I'd rather take my chances with covid.

Okay. I worded that incorrectly. People get the Emergency Department part of their care but they don’t get the same treatments or admitted as easily. You will get given oxygen and diuretics should you present to an Emergency Department with heart failure due to your leaking heart valve but you much less likely to be admitted to get that valve replaced unless you have insurance. You can get valve surgery in Ireland in the public health system. And if you do get admitted, you may not be able to pay for the medications you need on discharge to stay well.

Double digits - are you referring to ICU beds in Ireland? There are 280 ICU beds open with additional surge capacity and survival rates in Irish ICUs have been very favorable compared to other countries.

I surprised to hear antibody treatment is part of the standard protocol but I still somehow don’t think the average person will get the same level of care as Donald Trump.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement