Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXV-44,159 ROI (1,830 deaths) 21,898 NI (598 deaths) (13/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Martin is basically betting his political future on level 3 working. If it doesn't he is finished as a serious player on the political scene.

Serious and Mehole don’t go together. He’ll ge grand come what may, no one wants to captain the titanic, so they’ll leave him off, and only when it rights itself will there be a challenge for the leadership.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

MikeSoys wrote: »
    CDC Says Virus Can Spread Indoors in Air Beyond 6 Feet...

But not in schools. They have a magical forcefield that protects everyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

Donnelly spoofing

"Living in unprecedented times"

Not elaborating on the decision to ignore Nphet advice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

screamer wrote: »
    Yep to the tune of
    “There may be trouble ahead...... “

Haha, with top hat, cane and tails ..;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Blondini wrote: »
    Level 5 within 2 weeks is my prediction.

Whatever about it being two weeks or a month away, it's coming and people would want to start coming to terms with that.

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1313214061698572290

Micheál stated we need to give the graduated approach a chance, but level 5 is not being ruled out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Im surprised he didnt tell us to keep off the trampolines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Looks like they dragged Eamon out of bed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

As far as I can make out they are open but you can only eat/drink outside.... In October.... In ireland.

So they're basically closed.

Give.ie says outdoor dining at level 4 but at level 3 it's says further restrictions on indoor dining, not very clear at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

As far as I can make out they are open but you can only eat/drink outside.... In October.... In ireland.

So they're basically closed.

Umbrellas and outdoor heaters..... I have an order coming from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do barbers and hairdressers close at Level 5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Only one thing for it, one last piss up tomorrow because the pubs ain't opening for a few months again. Social distancing puss up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Whatever about it being two weeks or a month away, it's coming and people would want to start coming to terms with that.

Micheál stated we need to give the graduated approach a chance, but level 5 is not being ruled out.
    You're awfully positive on here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

niallo27 wrote: »
    Like what out of interest. Any ideas.

I don't have the answer...but there hasn't been much in the way of suggestions from anywhere

May as well have jumped straight to questions

Sure we all know it's a balance of health and economics

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Yes, they close at level 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Level 3.. Will they have garda controlling the border? not the main issue. short lock down needed maybe... seen two people strolling in tescos without a mask and heard someone in aldi with a deep hollow cough on Sunday(somewhere in store) ..

Wear a bloody mask please...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

yes

M

Yes, they close at level 4.

Better get my short back and sides done this week so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

You can put all the restrictions and levels you like in place but unless you get compliance it won't make any difference.
    You'll always get people that think it doesn't apply to them or you'll get some making exceptions.
    That's what's happening.
    Unless you've been living in a cave these last few weeks everyone must've seen this coming

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

We will now need a long level 5 lockdown in 2 weeks or so. People are forgetting that its grows exponentially. Dubling time of about9 days and with cases so high its pretty scary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Wrap it up there Paschal, good lad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

CorkRed93 wrote: »
    any new powers given to gardai to stop gatherings or house parties?

They will discuss it in the days to come, not like time is of the essence here or anything :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

niallo27 wrote: »
    Only one thing for it, one last piss up tomorrow because the pubs ain't opening for a few months again. Social distancing puss up.

No thanks

wadacrack wrote: »
    We will now need a long level 5 lockdown in 2 weeks or so. People are forgetting that its grows exponentially. Dubling time of about9 days and with cases so high its pretty scary

It's pretty clear now that the Government will not go to level 5 until the hospitals are unable to cope, so I'd say a month from now perhaps.

As you say the problem with that is it requires a much longer imposition of tougher restrictions as you need to wait until the pressure on the hospitals reduces significantly - i.e. by people moving through treatment from start to finish. I'd argue that a two week long down now would not have as detrimental an economic impact as one for 4 - 6 weeks will have leading up to and into Christmas. That's what's in store now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Donnelly honestly turns my stomach, stop pausing between words man. SPEAK

M

Presser on RTE News, Leo on RTE1, overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

For those who don't like it, its balancing the economy and public health.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1313217207598538752?s=19

Government notably avoiding conflict with Nphet
    or reasoning for not going to level 5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

wadacrack wrote: »

My prediction is that we’ll be in level 5 for 2 weeks before Christmas and 2 after. It’ll coincide with many people’s holidays and school breaks and I think that’s when we will have our “circuit breaker” but things will get hairy long before then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Why is it Leo who's getting the grilling?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement