Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXV-44,159 ROI (1,830 deaths) 21,898 NI (598 deaths) (13/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

He's got weird eye brows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Oh shut up woman and let him speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why is it Leo who's getting the grilling?

He's all fired up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Paschal could have been delivering the budget there and I don’t think anyone would have noticed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

Absolutely spoofing here

Leo hanging NPHET out to dry. Fair play to him, they are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

They will discuss it in the days to come, not like time is of the essence here or anything :rolleyes:

Course not, Irish governments approach is softly softly catchy covid

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Varadkar - The recommendations were not in line with what had been previously agreed with NPHET.

There was no drastic change from Thursday.

The HSE did also not share the NPHET view that the hosptials were in danger of being over run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

He's all fired up.

Good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Oh perish the thought we did something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Presser on RTE News, Leo on RTE1, overkill.

Not really as Donnelly not answering anything he is sleep inducing. Leo at least answering questions with some types of answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Sounds like Holohan overreached. Despite the fawning over him, he’s always struck me as over cautious. Well done the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

majcos wrote: »
    I surprised to hear antibody treatment is part of the standard protocol but I still somehow don’t think the average person will get the same level of care as Donald Trump.

Where I am, hospitals have been advertising pretty hard for recovered patients to donate plasma. They are definitely using it here at least. And remdesivir too to the point that how many vials they have in stock is part of the daily published figures. Maybe that isn't the case everywhere.

But, no, of course the average patient won't get every treatment thrown at them like trump unless absolutely necessary. Or a luxury hospital room! But those treatments are available if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

So the hospitals are fine, according to the HSE, and NPHET say the opposite?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Varadkar hanging NPHET out to dry on TV. What an absolute dirtbird.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Leo hanging Tony out here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Varadkar is on one here, he's absolutely hanging NPHET out to dry here.

Nothing thought through or any stakeholders consulted it appears

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Sounds like Holohan overreached. Despite the fawning over him, he’s always struck me as over cautious. Well done the government.

Over cautious? You haven’t heard about the cervical check scandal have you.

• Advertisement

Varadkar hanging NHPET out to dry on TV. What an absolute dirtbird.

A bit of honesty at last. Badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

Maybe he is right.

polesheep wrote: »
    The nursing home don't refer, a doctor does that. The doctor will make a decision based on the treatment required and the likely outcome. This type of decision is made all the time, regardless of Covid.

For clarity, I was referring to the doctor in charge of the nursing home.

The rest of my point stands.

The same doctor had no issue or hesitation referring multiple residents with the B strain of the flu straight to hospital (the nursing home had multiple cases of it and was closed to all visitors) - yet did not refer a single covid positive patient. Many of them the same patients, incidentally.

Hopefully, when all this is over, there will be a public inquiry into how nursing home cases were (mis)treated.

There's now a huge rift between Tony Holohan and the government; they are virtually at war!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

I think it's good that NPHET don't go unchallenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

You get the impression the level 5 leaks didn't go down well with government at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Fair play to Leo.......he’s saying that NPHET are not thinking things through.
    I agree with him.
    NPHET is entirely composed of people who live in ivory towers and none of them will be financially affected by their recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Leo is in flying form. Sticking it to Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Why is nobody mentioning here the Dublin had seen a clear downward trend over the last 4 days ?

If it's working for Dublin why can't we assume level 3 won't work for the rest of the country.

So many people here "predicting" level 5 in the next few weeks, you haven't a clue what its gonna be like over the next 3 weeks.

I don't think I've seen one post here that said maybe level 3 will work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Lundstram wrote: »
    A bit of honesty at last. Badly needed.

Exactly. Sounds like NPHET screwed the government by changing the trajectory of the restrictions quickly and leaking their intention to do it. Leo is right to put his side across.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement