Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXV-44,159 ROI (1,830 deaths) 21,898 NI (598 deaths) (13/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Goldengirl wrote: »
    And again that is a disgrace.
    Paul Reid playing fxxxing games again .
    They have not been communicating so with NPHET .
    Or maybe, just maybe, NPHET decided to go on a solo run? Maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Glad Claire is countering there.
    He is very unprofessional to be talking like that about an expert advisory group without one if them present to stand up for themselves .
    If this goes pear shaped in a couple of weeks him and others will be eating those words .
    It was extremely unprofessional to allow that leak last night
    So many people lay awake with worry and anxiety and upset

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Tandey wrote: »
    Worked in Kildare a few weeks back.

And it’s working in Dublin too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1313223938219151360

Wouldn't be surprised if resignations are handed in tomorrow on the back of that interview.

I don't think I could stay in post after being undermined so publicly by the Government.

If half of them go in the morning I wouldn't be surprised. Why would you bother being associated with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Akabusi wrote: »
    I think we might just be alright at level 3. The GAA have put a stop to the crazy celebrations. Also the schools will be going on the mid term.

In 3 bloody weeks time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭MattressRick

He is very unprofessional to be talking like that about an expert advisory group without one if them present to stand up for themselves .
    If this goes pear shaped in a couple of weeks him and others will be eating those words .

Nphet fired the first shot leaking their recommendation about level 5 last night. Govt had to fight back, nphet aren't calling the shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Would Richard Boyd barrett just shut the eff up.

If we moved to level 5 he would have gone against it.

An effing mouthpiece of a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

NPHET started the unprofessional behaviour last night with their leak. It's a bad situation to have NPHET and government clashing in the current circumstances but government had to respond after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sam on the money again.
    Sam has no concern for the money that is part of the problem.
    NPHET are not taking in any account of the realities of economic impacts.
    There has to be some type of balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

tom1ie wrote: »
    So the rest of the country goes to level 3,
    Does that mean pubs and restaurants are closed and can only do takeaway or outside dining a la dublin (level 3.5) or are we at proper level 3 with pubs and restaurants open with added restrictions?

Anyone know the answer to this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Jim O'Callaghan talking the most sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭plodder

Richard Boyd Barrett playing usual opposition games. If they had accepted level 5, he'd be there saying what about the small businesses?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

spookwoman wrote: »
    you're not your :D They need to start looking at themselves, hiring advisors etc is not helping their cause.
    I was pointing out the hypocrisy on the site from some here that attack people they don't agree with and often use the government supporter excuse but the same lot are all now fawning of them.
    Apparently agreeing with a government decision = 'fawning' over them? Weird way of thinking. You love the third hand comments.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Trumps on the mend, feeling great apparently.

If a fat unfit 74 year old only has a few off days after getting covid are we wrong to be worried about it?

If he got it. I have my doubts that he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭poppers

Did I just hear McConkey suggest giving everybody a mobile phone? Is he having a laugh?

He was on Pat kenny this morning saying that the gov should buy every child a phone. Made out that the kids were using old nokia block type phones that could not run the covid tracker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Akabusi wrote: »
    I think we might just be alright at level 3. The GAA have put a stop to the crazy celebrations. Also the schools will be going on the mid term.

They are going on mid term for a week at the end of the month. That will make no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Where I am, hospitals have been advertising pretty hard for recovered patients to donate plasma. They are definitely using it here at least. And remdesivir too to the point that how many vials they have in stock is part of the daily published figures. Maybe that isn't the case everywhere.

But, no, of course the average patient won't get every treatment thrown at them like trump unless absolutely necessary. Or a luxury hospital room! But those treatments are available if needed.

If the average person can afford to pay for them , I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Level 5 in 4 weeks time at the latest and spilling into Christmas now thanks to the delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

AdamD wrote: »
    I find it funny the abuse the government are getting from some. The easy option was to go to level 5 and absolve themselves of any potential blame - they didn't do that.

NPHET blindsided the government (and the country last night), they handled it appallingly. Leo is right too, they're all completely sheltered from the impact of the recommendations they make.

I have no problem with doing it that is there job and it seems they had some reasons. But and here is the big but will they take what comes from it IF things go down hill or will they try and blame other such as NPHET for not been more forceful. I also think the government are sheltered from the impacts also

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

gmisk wrote: »
    Sam has no concern for the money that is part of the problem.
    NPHET are not taking in any account of the realities of economic impacts.
    There has to be some type of balance.

He has no comprehension of the social aspect either. I think there's something a little odd with him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Darc19 wrote: »
    Would Richard Boyd barrett just shut the eff up.

If we moved to level 5 he would have gone against it.

An effing mouthpiece of a fool.

Waste of an underpants that fella

• Registered Users Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Sam on the money again.

Not his own though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Tánaiste
    @LeoVaradkar
    says that the
    @HSELive
    does not share NPHET's view that hospital capacity is at imminent danger of being overloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

Nphet fired the first shot leaking their recommendation about level 5 last night. Govt had to fight back, nphet aren't calling the shots.

They have been calling the shots since March. They have also been changing the faces which is what is happening now. They and the gov are testing the waters to see what the population will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

If he got it. I have my doubts that he did.

Which way is the conspiracy thread??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Richard Boyd Barrett speaking a lot of sense here.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How much does an ICU bed cost a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

RBB.

Ugh more magic money tree talk.

He's had a non stop horn since the PUP came in I rekon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Apparently agreeing with a government decision = 'fawning' over them? Weird way of thinking. You love the third hand comments.

What makes you think everything is about you?
    Are you sure you are in college because you behave like a child in kindergarden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Level 5 in 4 weeks time at the latest and spilling into Christmas now thanks to the delay.
    Or level 3 works better with the gardai issuing fines etc, Things level off in whole country like they have recently in Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement