Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXV-44,159 ROI (1,830 deaths) 21,898 NI (598 deaths) (13/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭eastie17

Aidric wrote: »
    The contributors tell you all you need to know about the editorial angle of this show. Alison O Connor a noted contrarian, Kevin Doyle editing the biggest selling tabloid and to top it off McConkey on the line who has been wrong on every one of his alarmist predictions.
    Spot on, what the **** is wrong with them? They just seem to be only happy with misery piled on top of misery. I never thought I'd say this but the virgin media news is actually more nuanced and professional than the merchants of misery and doom that RTE have become. Its beyond a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Lundstram wrote: »
    Sam McDonkey on now, absolute spoofer. Sitting at home in a 3 piece suit, sums him up.

I'm surprised he wasn't wearing a mask in his own house, just to show us an example

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

plodder wrote: »
    Richard Boyd Barrett playing usual opposition games. If they had accepted level 5, he'd be there saying what about the small businesses?

Listening to the likes of Boyd Barrett gives me eyre. It doesn't matter what the government does he'll go the opposite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Level 5 in 4 weeks time at the latest and spilling into Christmas now thanks to the delay.

Halloween will be a super spreader event now country wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

He's had a non stop horn since the PUP came in I rekon

Shinner going on with the same claptrap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

gmisk wrote: »
    Or level 3 works better with the gardai issuing fines etc, Things level off in whole country like they have recently in Dublin.

That's the big problem there is no enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How much does an ICU bed cost a year?

One million per bed is a figure they gave a few months ago, that included staff etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

That shinneer is woeful can't get an answer out of him

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Sinn Fein unable to say what they would do if they are in the same position. Typical, all talk and no action

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Spiderman0081

Is Leo a tin foiler?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

tom1ie wrote: »
    Anyone know the answer to this?

Rest of country pubs and restaurants outside service only.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Varadkar is on one here, he's absolutely hanging NPHET out to dry here.

Nothing thought through or any stakeholders consulted it appears

Yes, according to Leo ! Their job is not to consult stakeholders Stephen , their job is to advise the government on the best course of action .
    It is the governments job to consult and inform people .

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

don't know about ICU but a private room is a public hospital is around 1000 a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

GooglePlus wrote: »
    I bet he'll have your vote

Irrelevant, thanks for your input though.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭eastie17

Richard Boyd Barrett speaking a lot of sense here.
    I doubt that very much
    I've turned it off as I couldnt listen to the misfortune and misery any longer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Surprised no one has thrown out the housing crisis yet in an answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

poppers wrote: »
    He was on Pat kenny this morning saying that the gov should buy every child a phone. Made out that the kids were using old nokia block type phones that could not run the covid tracker.

He’s being banging on about this nonsense of newer phones for everyone for months.mcconkey is a busted flush at this stage.as an aside I heard Thomas Ryan on last word this evening and he was livid at his authority on all things covid being questioned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Which way is the conspiracy thread??

He was only diagnosed on Friday, so hardly fit enough to leave hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,415 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

One million per bed is a figure they gave a few months ago, that included staff etc.

Yes was thinking something big like that, surely it would have been better to double ICU beds at a cost of circa €250million than to instead take decisions that would take many billions out of the economy, crazy decisions they are making when they had 6 months to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Richard Boyd Barrett speaking a lot of sense here.
    It's easy to shout about level 5 when he doesn't have to try drag the country into an insane amount of debt.
    If the government went to level 5 he would have been complaining it was too harsh and the wrong choice.
    Professional sideline moaner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

We need to hear from the likes of Jim O'Callaghan more and less of idiots like McDonkey and George Lee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

NPHET only consider Covid no other health issues.

Disgraceful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

If he got it. I have my doubts that he did.

I used to see him jogging fast round the hospital grounds

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Yes, according to Leo ! Their job is not to consult stakeholders Stephen , their job is to advise the government on the best course of action .
    It is the governments job to consult and inform people .

Well its a fairly big issue if the HSE don't agree with what your recommending

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Or level 3 works better with the gardai issuing fines etc, Things level off in whole country like they have recently in Dublin.

I'll bookmark your comment and return to this in 4 weeks, I'll chat to you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Apparently every two people in ICU need 1 trained nurse 24/7. A person in ICU on a ventilator needs 1 trained nurse on a one to one 24/7. Pretty expensive, not to mention getting a supply of available trained nurses. Pretty expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Being an expert in health and ir virology he probably has a pretty decent idea

Yeah but does he post heavily on Boards like the virology experts here. Most of whom likely never went to a University. So stupid they think they're smart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Level 3 won't work. The experts have said as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Boyd-Barrett Looks like a little kid compared to Jim O'Callaghan ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

tom1ie wrote: »
    So the rest of the country goes to level 3,
    Does that mean pubs and restaurants are closed and can only do takeaway or outside dining a la dublin (level 3.5) or are we at proper level 3 with pubs and restaurants open with added restrictions?

Is there an answer to the above question on this forum or is it sniping and bitchy comments only on this forum?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement