Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXV-44,159 ROI (1,830 deaths) 21,898 NI (598 deaths) (13/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Whoever is doing the makeup has made a mess of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

This is all a bit woke getting the flu jab on live TV.

ah sure she is frontline services and competing with turbidy getting his nasal swab

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭eastie17

s1ippy wrote: »
    Any synopsis of Claire Byrne to save me the agony?

Just more glad-handing and excuses I assume... Hope it works out for the government. If not, hope they react in a timely fashion. It's a wreckless gamble.

To summarise, because we didnt go to level 5 and we cant get hysterical about going to level 5, we had to get hysterical that the Government dont agree with NPHET, and find guest that would add to the hysterics.
    Thankfully the same guests are like broken records so it was a safe bet booking them in no matter what happened.
    End of summary

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Anyone know how quickly Prime Time is up on RTE player?

I'd rather catch the virus than use the RTE player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Just more glad-handing and excuses I assume... Hope it works out for the government. If not, hope they react in a timely fashion. It's a wreckless gamble.

i think the irish independent guy said it best: "it's between the old and the business people now"

the country is divided almost 50 50 on it.

sad that it's come to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

I'd rather catch the virus than use the RTE player.
    First sensible thing you said all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Goverment had plenty of time last night to call in NPHET last night and reassure people at least no level 5 and Donnelly or Leo did not answer this. If they did this at the quickest time why did he take until 9PM the next night for any thing. The leak was a disgrace but so was Governments non action

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I'm not going looking for it but it was answered earlier. And it's readily available on copious news sites

Gov.ie contradicts this:

Bars, cafes and restaurants (including hotel restaurants and bars)
    Additional restrictions for indoor dining.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

noserider wrote: »
    Will there be extra restrictions to Level 3?I am thinking in particular about house parties and the sale of alcohol from off licenses.

Maximum of 50 in a house

Ice cream banned for 4 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Wow! I just watched Varadkar's interview and, boy, has he gone up in my estimation. He was truly statesmanlike. It's a pity he isn't working in tandem with Jim O'Callaghan instead of MM.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Clare Byrne getting a flu jab ? I am on a list waiting for one as the supply is low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Suggested initiative: Hire some of the people who have lost jobs in the hospitality industry as reserve Gardaí to ensure compliance with the measures implemented. The kicks in every time we hit level 3 restrictions.

khalessi wrote: »
    ah sure she is frontline services and competing with turbidy getting his nasal swab

I bet they'll be the first to get Covid jabs too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Oh CB is now becoming a dose herself.... on air swabs, antibody tests, flu jabs, ugh....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Thomas.. wrote: »
    Maximum of 50 in a house

Ice cream banned for 4 weeks
    What about gelato?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

What takeovers? They're cooperating, it's not a takeover.

For a hefty price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭The Belly

I bet they'll be the first to get Covid jabs too

best of luck with them untested and no come back if they are deemed to cause problems

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Does that include at home?
    Yes , barbecue sales are going to rocket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

If we (well the UK would have to be included) had done a 2-3 week militarized total lockdown like China, airports included, life would be back to normal and none of this would be talked about.

People show so much horror at the talk of such 2-3 weeks, and yet.....are willing to accept what is now half a year, very likely into next year, of endless quasi lockdown rollercoaster vomit? In what possible world is this any better and the preferable option?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Blonde Bob, damn sexy woman, very sharp, lovely voice, credit to Laois, probably a bit too careerminded, might sell her Granny and yours too, but would be a grand distraction for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Lundstram wrote: »
    Hoolahan should have never been allowed back, you cannot walk away from a position like he had at a time like this whatever the reason and expect to stroll back in and start ordering around elected representatives.

Glynn should've been left in charge of NPHET.

Whatever the reason ? Such a nice comment :(
    This thanked by those who would be always going on about the amount of cancer cases being missed in this pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,718 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

There is insane demand this year for flu vaccine.
    My husband is in social care earliest he can get through work is November.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Suggested initiative: Hire some of the people who have lost jobs in the hospitality industry as reserve Gardaí to ensure compliance with the measures implemented. The kicks in every time we hit level 3 restrictions.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

He was only diagnosed on Friday, so hardly fit enough to leave hospital.

They only claim diagnosis was on Friday, but they've dug themselves into so many holes it's likely to have been before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭KaneToad

So, in a nutshell...Tony/NPHET believe we're headed for level 5 regardless. Going there straight away would be more prudent as it would lessen the disruption.

Personally I think the govt likely agree but can't, politically, stomach it. They're going to plod along till the mid term school break and then keep the kids home for 2 weeks rather than 1...

Reservoirs of infectious disease.... except almost uniquely not Covid?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,690 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Give them a yellow jacket and Green uniform, call them the "Order Corps"....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Leaked by NPHET was my impression. Open to correction though.

Government side I'd reckon. What would NPHET have to benefit from leaking? Was going to be published after either way. Allowed government sources to brief against them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement