Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXV-44,159 ROI (1,830 deaths) 21,898 NI (598 deaths) (13/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

harr wrote: »
    Noticed that this morning NPHET saying they are very worried and this clown is saying it’s obvious level 3 is working well and we shouldn’t be overly concerned at the current numbers.
    What’s the point of NPHET at all if government saying opposite ..

When have nphet not been worried. When we had 6 cases a day they were still saying they were worried, its loses all meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭lulublue22

is_that_so wrote: »
    Level 5 doesn't work for lots of other reasons!

Technically L5 does work it significantly interrupts transmission. The question is whether you view the economic consequences if L 5 worth it. Some will and some won’t

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

jackboy wrote: »
    It’s in a lot of the schools in Clare.

Any more info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

The numbers in Dublin not overly bad but people will start to get complacent again after a number of weeks on level 3 especially if no sign of them dropping down a level.
    I noticed that here in the midlands everyone was sticking to guidelines first few weeks and then got pissed off and started to take silly risks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My dad tested negative earlier to follow with my mam's negative test as well, and just got word that my girlfriend and her family got negative results as well (I was in their house the day before I started displaying symptoms).

To say I am mightily relieved is an understatement. The virus has been virtually nothing for me so far, but I didn't jeopardize any of my close contacts, which is the main thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

niallo27 wrote: »
    When have nphet not been worried. When we had 6 cases a day they were still saying they were worried, its loses all meaning.

"The next x days are going to be crucial"

That one has completely lost meaning as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

lulublue22 wrote: »
    Technically L5 does work it significantly interrupts transmission. The question is whether you view the economic consequences if L 5 worth it. Some will and some won’t
    The government don't and that's all that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Labour leader in the UK demanding a circuit breaker type lockdown for 2-3 weeks over the mid term. If the Tories agree it could be a good opportunity to do likewise here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

For you.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,251 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

speckle wrote: »
    kerry is a bit of a weird one, seesawing. I wonder is it all traceable clusters? And not much community transmission? Or do they case dump when finish a cluster or two trace?

Talk of school cases in Kenmare and Killarney and a GAA match after gathering party

• Advertisement

The government don't and that's all that matters.

Not yet at any rate but that’s not set in stone either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Hearing anecdotally alot of cases in Wexford been linked to post county final piss up's, outbreak in a nursing home too.

More than anecdotal I'm afraid. That's how got infected, and I am not a playing member- virtually the entire panel got it.

And I have heard this evening that a club at the complete opposite end of the county had a cluster of cases too.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    It’s been 3 weeks.

Are you expecting a magic drop?
    Kildare had to go into a second cycle of 3 weeks. With the numbers in Dublin it will take that long and probably longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

Boggles wrote: »
    Did Clare move up beside the border when I wasn't looking?

Colleague of mine works in the tourism sector there and has told me the place was swarmed over the last 3 weeks with NI/UK reg vehicles and the rest were from "Kildare" (said with a thick Dub accent). So no surprise really to me or anyone in that sector that I talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Are the gaa still daydreaming about hosting an inter county championship in the end of the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

L5 does not address house parties or people congregating in groups.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

As pointed out earlier in the thread, 189 would have changed the 14 day average so still more or less unchanged.

Well given that a bunch of people come out and celebrate when the seven day average falls in Dublin I'd flag the seven day rising as a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Polar101

Inquitus wrote: »
    Taken nearly 4 weeks of level 3 to get the numbers stable at 200 a day, 200 a day is not sustainable, so level 3 is not working.

Well, so far it looks like level 3 can bring the R0 rate close to 1 (in Dublin now), but so far we haven't seen anything below 1. In a week or two we might see similar developments in other counties.

If we want to see negative growth, then something else might be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Hearing anecdotally alot of cases in Wexford been linked to post county final piss up's, outbreak in a nursing home too.

Post county final piss ups seem to be a VERY common theme in the last few weeks

harr wrote: »
    The numbers in Dublin not overly bad but people will start to get complacent again after a number of weeks on level 3 especially if no sign of them dropping down a level.
    I noticed that here in the midlands everyone was sticking to guidelines first few weeks and then got pissed off and started to take silly risks again.

I would welcome high fines for restriction rule breakers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Are the gaa still daydreaming about hosting an inter county championship in the end of the month?
    Issue hasn't been playing games, it's post county final piss up's

L5 does not address house parties or people congregating in groups.

I never said it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

In my opinion it is clear level 3 has stabilised Dublin.

Dublin is always going to have a high level of cases considering population density etc.

Considering the level of economic activity still ongoing, schools open etc....I think the unhappy middle ground of level 3 could be the way forward.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Kildare had to go into a second cycle of 3 weeks. With the numbers in Dublin it will take that long and probably longer.

It's a semi permanent level 3 in my opinion if we don't go upto level 5 in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

More than anecdotal I'm afraid. That's how got infected, and I am not a playing member- virtually the entire panel got it.

And I have heard this evening that a club at the complete opposite end of the county had a cluster of cases too.
    from that end of the county myself so think I know the club, best of luck anyway hopefully you don't get a bad dose of it and you're friends and family are all OK

Not yet at any rate but that’s not set in stone either.
    They are going to do these three weeks. I disagree with 5 unless the health system is under the risk of complete collapse. Level 5, in reality, also means the year is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Maestro85

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Polar101

In my opinion it is clear level 3 has stabilised Dublin.

Dublin is always going to have a high level of cases considering population density etc.

Considering the level of economic activity still ongoing, schools open etc....I think the unhappy middle ground of level 3 could be the way forward.

Yeah, I think you might be right there. Just need to get the cases down to a level where contact tracing will still work, which seems to be a bit lower than the current numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

mloc123 wrote: »
    Post county final piss ups seem to be a VERY common theme in the last few weeks
    Yes,, galway Cavan big time....Meath (Kells and Ratoath) anyway and now Kerry too?

• Advertisement

Gardai and Fire Brigade in Kerry have cases

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement