Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXV-44,159 ROI (1,830 deaths) 21,898 NI (598 deaths) (13/10) Read OP

Options
1318319320321322324»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I see the opposition in the UK have come out and called for a "circuit breaker" for two - three weeks.

That's shortened the odds considerably of us doing the same.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought the GAA had suspended all training and
    matches :confused:

I'll probably be shot for this but is GAA an essential necessity that needs to go ahead, the partying after matches are leading to cases
    They suspended club games. Club training and inter-county matches aren't suspended AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I'll probably be shot for this but is GAA an essential necessity that needs to go ahead, the partying after matches are leading to cases

Only 2 days ago the guards in Roscommon had to break up a post match dinner party...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Arghus wrote: »
    I see the opposition in the UK have come out and called for a "circuit breaker" for two - three weeks.

There's more people in the NHS system than at the peak of the pandemic. That is not the case here.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,250 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Positivity rate of tests has reduced from 6.2% to 5.6%, more to do to reduce community spread but heading in the right direction.

What is current community transmission?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    Yep.

She wrote 2 papers. Her latest is here:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/344545028_SARS-CoV-2_Is_an_Unrestricted_Bioweapon_A_Truth_Revealed_through_Uncovering_a_Large-Scale_Organized_Scientific_Fraud

Nobody will publish. She's not s senior author but seems to be doing her best in the absence of help or peer review.

She's been discredited by just about every one of her peers at this point, also the report was funded by Steve Bannon of Trump fame, so draw what conclusions you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I think we'll wait to see just how long 2-3 weeks really is. Nobody here is keen on the idea at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭spookwoman

13-10-2020-p1.jpg
    13-10-2020-p2.jpg
    13-10-2020-p3.jpg
    13-10-2020-p4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,023 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Yeah still though, looks like they were right to be worried.

Loses meaning though if they say it every day would you not agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

eagle eye wrote: »
    The amount of people who make things up in their minds without enough information and think it's a good thought is amazing.
    Numbers are not going to remain the same. They will either go up or go down. They are still going up in Dublin and that means there's more cases in Dublin and the more cases there are the more likely that the virus finds new hosts.
    The clear answer is shutting the schools.

And what clear, unambiguous information are you basing that on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

is_that_so wrote: »
    I think we'll wait to see just how long 2-3 weeks really is. Nobody here is keen on the idea at present.

I'll be amazed if it doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    Yep.

She wrote 2 papers. Her latest is here:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/344545028_SARS-CoV-2_Is_an_Unrestricted_Bioweapon_A_Truth_Revealed_through_Uncovering_a_Large-Scale_Organized_Scientific_Fraud

Nobody will publish. She's not s senior author but seems to be doing her best in the absence of help or peer review.

Not surprised.

Paper was funded by a "society" founded by Steve Bannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

I'll probably be shot for this but is GAA an essential necessity that needs to go ahead, the partying after matches are leading to case
    Yes they seem to contribute to the woes of numerous counties and gaa matches are NOT an essential service

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I'll be amazed if it doesn't happen.
    Let's see if the UK makes a mess of it first!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,539 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

niallo27 wrote: »

Well if people understood it and did the right fúcking things they wouldn't need to keep repeating themselves.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭lulublue22

is_that_so wrote: »
    I think Level 4 is the most they want to go in practical terms and possibly a bit easier to get out of. Level 5 is really a two step reversal through the equally onerous Level 4. It's also one thing to go against NPHET when they want to higher levels but quite reckless to try to reverse it against their advice.

I don’t think the gov will wait till health system is under threat of collapse - they won’t want to take that chance. Obviously level 4 would be the better option for everyone if 3 does not impact the trajectory as quick as the gov would like. I could see a panic jump to level 5 if things don’t settle particularly with Christmas and all that , that brings. At this stage it is still pretty much either way - lets hope level 3 is sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

None of the opposition here calling for the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

niallo27 wrote: »

So what, you expect them to come and say... Numbers of cases are rising, numbers in hospital are rising, numbers in ICU are rising, deaths are rising but its nothing to worry about....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

The gaa should have cancelled the idea of an intercounty championship months ago and I say that as a fan.
    It’s a farce trying to run a championship in the current climate.
    I’d give it a fortnight if it goes ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

lulublue22 wrote: »
    I don’t think the gov will wait till health system is under threat of collapse - they won’t want to take that chance. Obviously level 4 would be the better option for everyone if 3 does not impact the trajectory as quick as the gov would like. I could see a panic jump to level 5 if things don’t settle particularly with Christmas and all that , that brings. At this stage it is still pretty much either way - lets hope level 3 is sufficient.

There is very minimal difference between four and five in terms of shutting down the economy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Thierry12 wrote: »
    Wont even be a cold to a super fit, elite athlete like him

Djokovic had it a while ago and was in the French Open final at the weekend
    That's not the way it works
    Cristiano Ronaldo has tested positive

Special 'celebrity' strain. He'll be grand. 99.98 chance of making a full recovery going by his profile. Better chance of being killed in his private jet or winning the lotto and being struck by lightening on the same day.
    Where did he contract it.? was it in that Sheebeen in Westmeath over the weekend.? :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement