Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXV-44,159 ROI (1,830 deaths) 21,898 NI (598 deaths) (13/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Both Peter Griffin and Homer Simpson are self-obsessed.

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm confused about level 3 wet pub restrictions?
    I saw 2 conflicting explanations. One that it's outdoor seating only and another that it's indoors with restrictions?

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Stheno wrote: »
    one word - unions

Nah, it's mostly down to pork-barrel government.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Ah lads. Who's doing the briefing so?! https://twitter.com/PTHosford/status/1313198179781877760?s=19

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Can anyone recall how many covid patients were in ICU during the spring peak? TIA.

• Advertisement

People in cars, often families are handy targets. Can't be having the poor Garda tackling drunk and drugged up session heads now. That's not their job.a

Yeah, the drunk/drugged are too hard work methinks; really the problem is they don't actually have the numbers of guards that would be required to manage the difficult areas. Stopping cars is easy stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

Stheno wrote: »
    one word - unions

And we all know it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭techdiver

Darwin wrote: »
    Ireland collects one of the lowest amounts of tax as a proportion of GDP in the OECD.

You can't use Irish GDP as a reliable measure of that. Our GDP is massively skewed due to the number of foreign multinationals as a proportion of total output.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Eod100 wrote: »

Christ almighty this is an absolute mess

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Unions work two ways. I earn substantially less than I would in private practice/industry. If pay was much lower in public sector, I couldn't justify working in the HSE.

The HSE needs to be radically reformed

They need to drastically reduce the amount of useless paper pushers you see at the likes of outpatient clinics, invest in technology and become a 21st century organisation

Unions are a huge blocker in this.

I broke my ankle last year. Every outpatient clinic I had a paper pusher log that I was there and make a follow up appointment. An app could do that

Every xray I needed I had to have a porter wheel me in a wheelchair as the lift was broken

Just two examples of chronic waste in one hospital

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭brookers

We are now entering the realms of madness. The situation is going to be catastrophic in 4 weeks time and we'll then see a move to level 5.

Pathetically bad governance

Nobody wants to see the economy go belly up but even the head of ibec was saying this evening if the government have made a wrong decision, it will be terrible, schools probably will close then an we will have to lock down for longer and things will be far worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Kivaro wrote: »
    So we are among one of the top spenders in the world per capita for health systems; yet we are at the very bottom of the table in Europe when it comes to ICU beds. I believe that at this very moment there are only 39 available ICU beds in Ireland.
    This, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason for the impending lockdown. And the government knows it could fall when the ICU capacity is reached. The lockdown will be announced this evening in order to protect the ineptitude of our very expensive health system.

Also our hospital consultants are among the highest paid in world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

1000 cases in the next 7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Can anyone recall how many covid patients were in ICU during the spring peak? TIA.

About 160

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

We are now entering the realms of madness. The situation is going to be catastrophic in 4 weeks time and we'll then see a move to level 5.

Pathetically bad governance

Case numbers in Dublin have increased by an average of 4% per week over the past 2 weeks. if the rest of the country does as well as Dublin in Level 3, then we'll be fine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I'm confused about level 3 wet pub restrictions?
    I saw 2 conflicting explanations. One that it's outdoor seating only and another that it's indoors with restrictions?

So far when level 3 had been introduced it has been level 3 plus additional restrictions on the hospitality sector. It is believed that will be the case again.

Wait till its announced. We don't know before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I don't get who would be doing it so. Donnelly?

Varadkar on Clare Byrne apparently https://twitter.com/PTHosford/status/1313177211558662147

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

GooglePlus wrote: »
    1000 cases in the next 7 days

A lot more than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

igCorcaigh wrote: »

There was a diagram on the tv earlier, think the max was in the 50s

He is funny though

I'll say it anyone

Donald Trump is one quick witted guy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Lundstram wrote: »
    So there we have it. As of midnight tonight we become the only country in Europe, possibly the world with a blanket ban on indoor dining. 180,000 jobs gone in the space of a few hours. Massive over reaction yet again. But hey, at least we have an extra bank holiday this year. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

It all feels a bit knee jerk. A lot of businesses will just throw their hat at it now. The mental carnage could be the greatest killer.

Is there any stats done on supermarket/retail store workers? I see the same faces (touch wood) everyday, all through the non mask wearing phase and the mask wearing phase. They have come into contact with so many households, but I never hear of any of them being out sick with Covid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

I disagree with you on many things but you are 100% right here. This is an absolute shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lillycakes2

If they are afriad public Hospitals wont cope with a peak in cases, why not make a plan for private Hospitals to help their collegues with capacity, instead of blanket restrictions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Rare words of wisdom for the majority from the orange loon: "Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Thomas.. wrote: »
    I'll say it anyone

Donald Trump is one fùck witted guy

Fixed that for you

Also our hospital consultants are among the highest paid in world.

Matters fukk all though overall

It's better to have them well paid

• Registered Users Posts: 13,111 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

People in cars, often families are handy targets. Can't be having the poor Garda tackling drunk and drugged up session heads now. That's not their job.a

Totally agree .
    Give them overtime to stop cars driving home , but not to tackle the real reason our numbers are climbing , house gatherings and parties , with dangerous drunken teenagers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭majcos

It’s alright for some comes to mind when Donald Trump tweets ‘Don’t be afraid of Covid’. He got treatments and a level of medical care that very very few will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd assume it's Donnelly, but Martin is fair cowardly not to be doing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Twitter on about a extra bank holiday for 2020 and Bressie Leo V "romance" seriously WTF!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement