Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

I've my pre order with Amazon, sending it to PM. PM recently lost my mates 500euro phone...

Just wondering can I get this instantly shipped to my home address straight away or do I have to wait to see if they can fit it in the lockers? Also is insurance easy to get?

Use Parcel Wizard instead, should be able to change delivery address

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lads, what's all the panic?

Do you really think any guard is going to turn you around if you say you're picking up something from a toy store a few weeks before Christmas? Not a hope!

Like everything depends on the guard you get most will be grand but you could get unlucky and get some asshole on the day that’s having none of it LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

xtal191 wrote: »
    Use Parcel Wizard instead, should be able to change delivery address

I tried to change it to mates house in Newry but Amazon customer support told me it wouldn't let him make the change..

Is everyone using Parcel Wizard?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

biggebruv wrote: »
    Like everything depends on the guard you get most will be grand but you could get unlucky and get some asshole on the day that’s having none of it LOL

Just thinking the same never got in trouble at all with the law at all, But being relatively youngish always find any interaction with gardai at my age they are a bit harsher.

Example pre covid I was stopped for tax nct check etc. My nct was in date but had month left and that day I was going to get it done. The young garda leans ina nd goes "you know you only have a month on that I would get that sorted if I was you?" really condescending...

And then a few weeks later my parents were in the car and their NCT was gone a few months same story on the way to the NCT centre got stopped and he goes ah sure you're alright sure tis tough times? sure you are on the way there anyway? be grand g'wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Paul MCM wrote: »
    No, they had on their website you can not change from click and collect to home delivery.
    Not sure why they won’t

If I had so many customers to contact, wait for them to decide if they want to accept or change, convert their order and ask them to pay for shipping then it would be a nightmare.

You can imagine some would have their emails head into Spam, wouldn't see or forget to action an email and then their order gets cancelled because they didn't pay up. Or then somebody has to manually contact the people who didn't action something.

This would be the same for not just PS5 orders but Xbox and frankly anything that somebody might have ordered that is either on back order or pre ordered. Imagine all the seperate orders for controllers, headsets, lego(some is pre order) etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Just tell Garda they can come over and play Fifa on PS5 if they will waive the fine

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

I tried to change it to mates house in Newry but Amazon customer support told me it wouldn't let him make the change..

Is everyone using Parcel Wizard?

I had the same issue, I am using Address Pal, tried to change to the DPD variant and they wouldn't let me change address

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

For my amazon delivery of my ps5 it let me change to my Irish address from my parcel wizard address about 2 weeks ago,

So not sure if that’s the case for everyone .... as I know you can’t pre order most ps5 games to a Irish address it needs to be to parcel wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

No, they had on their website you can not change from click and collect to home delivery.
    Not sure why they won’t

I’d say because logistically they’ve done the orders with supplier and allocated to each store... home delivery is not from a store so they would have to go back and amend all of those now wanting home delivery and arrange those orders to go to the warehouse instead....it’s a logistics nightmare and I can’t see many people volunteering to pay for delivery so for high effort and either low or negative returns they’re just not going to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Lads, what's all the panic?

Do you really think any guard is going to turn you around if you say you're picking up something from a toy store a few weeks before Christmas? Not a hope!

If you get a guard in a bad mood who is out at a check point on a cold miserable morning he probably would tell you to turn around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

For anyone that pre-ordered with GameStop for online.
    I messaged them today about my pre-order (ordered the minute the GS Twitter Account posted the initial pre-order link)
    and to see if they could provide me with an update on it.
    I got a reply to say my PS5 will be in the first shipment of consoles. *touchwood

So they probably have a good idea of stock allocations for orders, at this stage.
    I mentioned before in this thread, that anyone that wouldn't be receiving the console before Christmas. Should have been sent a email in late September, stating the fact.
    Regarding the in-store pre-orders, they will contact us a week or two before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

For my amazon delivery of my ps5 it let me change to my Irish address from my parcel wizard address about 2 weeks ago,

So not sure if that’s the case for everyone .... as I know you can’t pre order most ps5 games to a Irish address it needs to be to parcel wizard

How did you manage to change delivery address? I cant seem to edit it

• Registered Users Posts: 23 WAL1992

bazzz wrote: »
    I messaged them today about my pre-order (ordered the minute the GS Twitter Account posted the initial pre-order link)
    I got a reply to say my PS5 will be in the first shipment of consoles. *touchwood

So they probably have a good idea of stock allocations for orders, at this stage.
    I mentioned before in this thread, that anyone that wouldn't be receiving the console before Christmas. Should have been sent a email in late September, stating the fact.
    Regarding the in-store pre-orders, they will contact us a week or two before release.

Thanks - I did the same as yourself but was hesitant about contacting GS given how crazy it is atm - seen my order had a shipment number so took that to mean it had been involved in some of the first wave at least.

WAL1992 wrote: »
    Thanks - I did the same as yourself but was hesitant about contacting GS given how crazy it is atm - seen my order had a shipment number so took that to mean it had been involved in some of the first wave at least.

I'll still keep my fingers crossed;) Although the Support guy did state "I can confirm your pre-order is in the first shipment".
    Hopefully you'll be sorted too.
    I also asked if it was ok to share his reply here and he got back to me straight
    away and said it was fine. Didn't want to create an avalanche of people contacting them on the back of my post.

Gamestop have released their LockDown strategy, on their website.

COVID-19 Updates
    See the latest updates on restrictions and store policy during COVID-19 the lockdown.
    Home delivery is available country wide. Please allow up to 4 working days for delivery due to increased volumes and logistics.
    Click & Collect service will operate in the following stores only:
    Dublin: Blanchardstown, Tallaght, Henry Street & Santry
    Cork: Blackpool & Wilton
    Limerick: William Street
    Carlow
    Wexford Town
    Waterford City
    For all other store information, please See Below
    Once you receive your ready for collection confirmation email, you can proceed to collect your order at your chosen store. We will hold your order at store for two days. Collection email is required to collect your order for security reasons. You may also be asked to produce some identification. Note: Please check store opening hours for availability.
    You may be required to queue outside the store during busy pick up periods. Please observe social distancing of 2 metres during these times.
    Contact will be made with any customer that has outstanding preorders identifying the next steps. Please check you email in the run up to release dates.
    For any queries please contact us hello@gamestop.ie

Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this period. Stay safe everyone.

Store

Status
    GameStop Arklow Unit 19, Bridgewater SC, Y14 K227, Arklow, Wicklow Closed
    GameStop Athlone 20 Golden Island SC, N37 KR13, Athlone, Westmeath Closed
    GameStop Balbriggan Unit 10, Millfield SC, K32 C891, Balbriggan, Dublin Closed
    GameStop Ballina Tolan Street, F26 CD32, Ballina, Mayo Closed
    GameStop Blackpool Unit 25, Blackpool SC, T23 V257, Cork Click & Collect
    GameStop Blanchardstown Unit 117, Blanchardstown SC, D15 K377, Dublin 15 Click & Collect
    GameStop Bray 8 Main Street, A98 A4A0, Bray, Wicklow Closed
    GameStop Carlow Unit 22, Fairgreen SC, R93 D651, Carlow Click & Collect
    GameStop Castlebar Bridge Street, F23 EE37, Castlebar, Mayo Closed
    GameStop Clare Hall Unit 14, Clare Hall SC, D17 FY96, Malahide Road, Dublin 17 Closed
    GameStop Clonmel 10 Mitchell Street, E91 RK74, Clonmel, Tipperary Closed
    GameStop Crescent Unit 11X, Crescent SC, V94 DP02, Dooradoyle, Limerick Closed
    GameStop Donaghmede Unit 7A, Donaghmede SC, D13 FK74, Donaghmede, Dublin 13 Closed
    GameStop Douglas Unit 1, Douglas Court SC, T12 WP86, Douglas, Cork Closed
    GameStop Drogheda Unit G-17, Scotch Hall SC, A92 VP03, Drogheda Closed
    GameStop Dundalk 6 Park Street, A91 ED91, Dundalk, Louth Closed
    GameStop Dundrum Unit 8, Dundrum Town Centre, D16 PY73, Dundrum, Dublin 16 Closed
    GameStop Dungarvan Unit 6, Dungarvan SC, X35 EE35, Dungarvan, Waterford Closed
    GameStop Ennis 18 O'Connell Street, V95 DX65, Ennis, Clare Closed
    GameStop Galway Unit 6, Corbett Court, H91 PD8N, Galway Closed
    GameStop Gorey Unit 12, Gorey SC, Y25 A4Y1, Gorey, Wexford Closed
    GameStop Henry St 16 Henry Street, D01 H392, Dublin 1 Click & Collect
    GameStop Kilkenny Unit 12, Market Cross SC, R95 N99E, Kilkenny Closed
    GameStop Killarney New Street, V93 XY48, Killarney, Kerry Closed
    GameStop Liffey St 12 Lower Liffey Street, D01 W9F2, Dublin 1 Closed
    GameStop Mallow 125 Main Street, P51 CN13, Mallow, Cork Closed
    Gamestop Midleton Unit R2 A, Market Green Retail Park, P25 ED25, Midleton, Cork Closed
    GameStop Mullingar 58 Pearse Street, N91 Y579, Mulligar, Westmeath Closed
    GameStop Navan Unit 1A, Navan SC, C15 RH6K, Navan, Meath Closed
    GameStop Newbridge Unit 4, Block D, The Courtyard SC, W12 NW96, Newbridge, Kildare Closed
    GameStop Parkway Unit 33, Parkway SC, V94 T2K6, Limerick Closed
    GameStop Patrick St 47 Saint Patrick's Street, T12 NW50, Cork Closed
    GameStop Pavilions Unit G23, The Pavilions, K67 AY70, Swords, Dublin Closed
    GameStop Portlaoise Unit 2 Lyster Square, R32 V002, Portlaoise Closed
    GameStop Santry Unit 41-43, Omni Park SC, D09 H293, Santry, Dublin 9 Click & Collect
    GameStop Sligo Wine Street, F91 NV05, Sligo Closed
    GameStop Stephens Green Unit 4, Stephen's Green SC, D02 Y303, Dublin 2 Closed
    GameStop Tallaght Unit 237, The Square, D24 E4AC, Tallaght, Dublin 24 Click & Collect
    GameStop Tralee 7 Russell Street, V92 VW83, Tralee, Kerry Closed
    GameStop Tullamore Patrick Street, R35 R602, Tullamore, Offaly Closed
    GameStop Waterford Unit 21, City Square SC, X91 XC83, Waterford Click & Collect
    GameStop Wexford 14 South Main Street, Y35 NA4A, Wexford Click & Collect
    GameStop William St Unit 9A, William Street, V94 RX34, Limerick Click & Collect
    GameStop Wilton Unit 44, Wilton SC, T12 V274, Wilton, Cork Click & Collect

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Says C&C is available in wexford town.

Then they list the one in gorey as open and the one is wexford town as closed.

lmao

wexdevil wrote: »
    Says C&C is available in wexford town.

Then they list the one in gorey as open and the one is wexford town as closed.

lmao

Is the Gorey one in a shopping center?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

It is, but the list has been updated and now wexford town one is listed as open.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

So if your local isnt doing click and collect can we ask them to have them delivered instead?

wexdevil wrote: »
    It is, but the list has been updated and now wexford town one is listed as open.

Ok I've amended it there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So what happens if closed. Doesn't say. Just says about holding it for 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Who did you message for this? I pre-ordered mine in store and emailed the support email just today and they told me that they couldn't tell me where I was positioned in the queue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Who did you message for this? I pre-ordered mine in store and emailed the support email just today and they told me that they couldn't tell me where I was positioned in the queue.

Yeah im still waiting to hear about mine, shops were taking preorders for over a year so if online was only when preorders started then I dont see how they can say they are going to be guaranteed one and not tell people who preordered in shops etc.

OK so I just rang my local gamestop again and I was told I will get a text or email when their head office decides whats happening. I think thats really poor in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

I've pre-ordered the new COD Black Ops for In Store collection to Tullamore, shop listed as a no for click and collect so I emailed Gamestop. They said they'll contact me a few days before the date of release. Be a disaster if the game cant be delivered and just sits there until level 5 is over.

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Kimbot wrote: »
    Yeah im still waiting to hear about mine, shops were taking preorders for over a year so if online was only when preorders started then I dont see how they can say they are going to be guaranteed one and not tell people who preordered in shops etc.

I messaged support via their contact us web page. If you read my post I stated
    he could only inform me on my Online Store order. They said they will contact the in-store successful launch day orders closer to release. It seems the in-store and online store are two different systems.

I messaged support via their contact us web page. If you read my post I stated
    he could only inform me on my Online Store order. They said they will contact the in-store successful launch day orders closer to release. It seems the in-store and online store are two different systems.

Well if someone that booked one online months after me ordering instore got one before me I would be fairly pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Just tell Garda they can come over and play Fifa on PS5 if they will waive the fine

Best out of three ...

Kimbot wrote: »
    Well if someone that booked one online months after me ordering instore got one before me I would be fairly pissed.

Obviously anyone would be pissed. I guess we'll see in the next few weeks.
    I also have in-store pre-orders for the PS5 and XBX SX, for a long time. But
    I understand I'll have to wait to find out, closer to the release date. There's
    not much else can be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Now that Smyth's are holding things until December I think I'll cancel my new preorder of MM for home delivery to change it back to store collection as I won't have to make two trips again

Advertisement