Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Was collecting mine today from Smyths. Pretty extensive queue mid-morning. Slow but steady and everyone well behaved knowing they were going to get their console........

Apart from the chap who thought he was in a queue to buy one off the shelf rather than collect a pre-order....... Whoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

rob808 wrote: »
    The coil whine when I install a ps4 game OMG it was loud.

What exactly is coil whine please and thanks.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

madmoe wrote: »
    What exactly is coil whine please and thanks.

M
    it like a loud fridge buzzing noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

rob808 wrote: »
    it like a loud fridge buzzing noise.

I see, managed to secure one today on HN so will see what the noise is like when I get it. Hopefully that will be in the next few days.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Has anyone managed to contact gamestop at all. Order tracking says not being released till 27th Dec,

I've tried twitter, phone says call cannot be connected and no response to emails

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 mando212

I noticed my Amazon delivery is being delivered by Amazon themselves tomorrow rather than An Post. Do they give you a delivery window/tracking at all when it's out for delivery?

mando212 wrote: »
    I noticed my Amazon delivery is being delivered by Amazon themselves tomorrow rather than An Post. Do they give you a delivery window/tracking at all when it's out for delivery?

Yeah, and you get a map to track the driver when he's a few stops away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Since when did Amazon have their own couriers?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Since when did Amazon have their own couriers?

They have a distribution centre in Dublin now

Stupid job thing I have to go to stopped me from getting a console today!

What does ups “by end of day” mean is some guy gonna deliver it at 11.59 lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

still waiting on my delivery from smyths

rang DPD in the morning and they said !they hadn't scanned it yet but oh wait! the guy said on the phone !I have it now thats it scanned should be with you in a few hours! that was at lunchtime, then got a text not long after saying it would be here between 5-6
    depot closes at 6 so rang them before that & they said it would be here, that their depot has been opened to all hours lately

still waiting

wish I had just got the taxi down to the depot when I called the first time tbh, most of the day gone at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Barlett

Have to say Parcel Motel was super quick, it was dropped by Amazon at lunchtime and I got a text to collect it from the oversized locker at 4.30pm. Have it here now, couldn't have worked out better!

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    still waiting on my delivery from smyths

rang DPD in the morning and they said !they hadn't scanned it yet but oh wait! the guy said on the phone !I have it now thats it scanned should be with you in a few hours! that was at lunchtime, then got a text not long after saying it would be here between 5-6
    depot closes at 6 so rang them before that & they said it would be here, that their depot has been opened to all hours lately

still waiting

wish I had just got the taxi down to the depot when I called the first time tbh, most of the day gone at this stage

"We tried to deliver but we couldn't locate you

Dpd Donegal

19/11/2020 at 18:24

Returned to Depot

Dpd Donegal"

Raging

My ups tracking still says by end of day despite it being 7.45pm, not sure what’s gone on here. Surely if it was delayed they would have said but I doubt they’d deliver after 6

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimbonaut

My Dpd delivery window for Dpd Dublin South West is between 7-8. Still nothing. I remain hopeful but its dwindling...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

madmoe wrote: »
    I see, managed to secure one today on HN so will see what the noise is like when I get it. Hopefully that will be in the next few days.

M
    I buy demon soul digitally and no coil whine maybe it just with discs. it settle down when i was in the game.I try Nioh 2 play with no problems.

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    "We tried to deliver but we couldn't locate you

Dpd Donegal

19/11/2020 at 18:24

Returned to Depot

Dpd Donegal"

Raging

got a taxi up to the depot and got it, cost 15 euros for the taxi, and ill be asking DPD to pay for it for the principle

was reading all week about drivers in the US doing this and reselling.. said the driver couldnt find my address which is one of the best known areas in Letterkenny .. if only he had my mobile.. oh wait.. anyway time to get gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimbonaut

Jimbonaut wrote: »
    My Dpd delivery window for Dpd Dublin South West is between 7-8. Still nothing. I remain hopeful but its dwindling...

And just like that. Bang on 8 p.m a knock on the door. Relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

Tracking updated with UPS. Will be here tomorrow. A day late. Not the worst BUT...I pre-ordered in June. I bet I ordered waaay before loads that got theirs today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Got mine today around 4. Decent service in the end from gamestop and ups although still waiting on my second controller. Probably get that next week at this rate.

Have to say I'm sad that Covid ruined this launch. Was looking forward to queueing with a few hundred fellow gamers at midnight like we did for the ps4 and gta v.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Collected mine from smyths just after 5pm today, yet again Smyth's 1st class when it comes to pre orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,254 ✭✭✭✭CSF

sticker wrote: »
    I'm absolutely livid. GS Confirmed PreOrder in Sept and no payment taken or dispatch email.

Unforgivable.
    It really is unforgivable. You got the email confirming you were in the Launch Allocation right?

I've now got an email telling me my UPS order will be there by end of day tomorrow, which is a more than fine scenario for me (I would never have gotten too agitated over it being one day late if I'm honest).

But up until 11:30 this morning I was in a similar position to you and had no contact whatsoever, no mention of dispatch, nothing. So I know exactly how you feel and know it is horrible.

Which is why I won't be buying from Gamestop again after this order. The way they handled the communication on this was beyond terrible. So much unnecessary stress for so many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Someone actually bought that for 1500

Just curious, are argos getting any or did they get any?

Also, what are my chances of getting one before Christmas at retail price?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

dan786 wrote: »

Or planning on meeting him and mugging him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,254 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dan786 wrote: »
    Imagine the shamelessness of actually putting your full name and location beside yourself as seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

just got my email!!! My Game.co.uk order is now in the Parcel Motel Dublin HQ. Very good chance it will be in Galway tomorrow.

The big risk was that it would go missing in the DHL to PM Antrim handover. Or DHL taking the extra day to get it to NI.

Early to bed now to be ready for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

So what games are you guys playing and do you notice a big step up from PS4?

Advertisement