Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

CSF wrote: »
    Imagine the shamelessness of actually putting your full name and location beside yourself as seller.

He seemed to be enjoying the abuse too. Class A w@nker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

Danick wrote: »
    So what games are you guys playing and do you notice a big step up from PS4?
    yea Demon souls unreal and spiderman miles fun look good too and dualsense controller so comfortable and a joy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ManUnited123

Oh my god, just the dual sense is worth the upgrade.. i just finished Astro Playroom and it is Amazing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

OmegaRed wrote: »
    For those who go email conformations from GS today with tracking with UPS, has the tracking updated yet? Mine hasn't moved all day

VHFiWHLGkn9puCz8A

Mine only changed to In transit about at about 6. Apparently it's been ready since yesterday at 11 but only collected now.

I'd say they grabbing whatever they can carry regardless of pre order date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

CSF wrote: »
    It really is unforgivable. You got the email confirming you were in the Launch Allocation right?

I've now got an email telling me my UPS order will be there by end of day tomorrow, which is a more than fine scenario for me (I would never have gotten too agitated over it being one day late if I'm honest).

But up until 11:30 this morning I was in a similar position to you and had no contact whatsoever, no mention of dispatch, nothing. So I know exactly how you feel and know it is horrible.

Which is why I won't be buying from Gamestop again after this order. The way they handled the communication on this was beyond terrible. So much unnecessary stress for so many people.

Cheers Mate - Yes, 100% Confirmed Order for Launch Day Allocation. Disgusted. I couldnt agree more about future life purchases from GS. Simply not happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

sticker wrote: »
    Cheers Mate - Yes, 100% Confirmed Order for Launch Day Allocation. Disgusted. I couldnt agree more about future life purchases from GS. Simply not happening.

Gutted for you, I was convinced you'd get an update when mine came in

RedXIV wrote: »
    Gutted for you, I was convinced you'd get an update when mine came in

Yeah, pissed off big time. Whats worse is the PS5 2.0 thread about all the new user experiences :(

This... and not a whisper from GS. Order is still CONFIRMED and reddies sitting ready in PayPal.

2020-11-18_21-51-19.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Is there an email for ups? I’ll contact um in the morning mine still says today

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Genshin Impact is night and day difference. It's like going from a old laptop to a high end pc. Spider man looks and plays amazing in 60fps, the machine is silent and the controller is fantastic. Worth every penny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Just got shipping notification from gamestop for a disc version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Just got shipping notification from gamestop for a disc version.

I got it this morning. UPS tracking had has zero updates after the label was created yesterday morning. So looks like it will be a long wait for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

dan786 wrote: »
    I got it this morning. UPS tracking had has zero updates after the label was created yesterday morning. So looks like it will be a long wait for delivery.

I'd be grateful if it arrived by Saturday, actually I'm happy to at least know its actually on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

This... and not a whisper from GS. Order is still CONFIRMED and reddies sitting ready in PayPal.

2020-11-18_21-51-19.png

I'm same, order initially confirmed, then we apologise but can't guarantee till 21, unable to contact them tried everywhere. Updated this afternoon to say 27/12.

Have you gone onto their website to track the order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

2020-11-18_21-51-19.png

I tweeted them today, rang went on all social media, nothing.
    It actually sounds like their phone is now disconnected

• Registered Users Posts: 6 peculiargroove

People are offering so much money for them it has to be very tempting even to the non scalpers to sell theirs. If someone is offering you nearly double the amount it's hard to resist. I can't be annoyed at that. Now a scalper with a few orders/charging outrageous amounts is another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

Thanks to this thread managed to preorder via Smyths. Delivered 09 35 this morning. Also had Argos UK which I cancelled which I have to shout out as money was back in my account within 24 hours. Long story short never realised I had such a ****e user name ZAMBIAN.!! Until I offered the Argos UK PS5 to members of boards!( I of course would have been wary!) Anyhooo thanks a million to the members on the day that were constantly posting to stick with Smyths when the site was crashing and to keep with it. One very happy boy come Christmas day. ( Console delivered to my Mams and I think myself and Mam are more excited to see his reaction Christmas Day . !) Many thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I tried resident evil 2 there on my connected external hard drive and loading after every death was painfully slow it wasn’t like this on pro anyone else have that issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

My tracking on ups has chances to information unavailable wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭neeb03

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    "We tried to deliver but we couldn't locate you

Dpd Donegal

19/11/2020 at 18:24

Returned to Depot

Dpd Donegal"

Raging

Got exactly the same thing with mine (Not Donegal). Returned to depot without even a phone call or attempt to deliver.

They delivered with the same exact driver a different parcel to me yesterday.

The address even has the eircode and phone number!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

People are offering so much money for them it has to be very tempting even to the non scalpers to sell theirs. If someone is offering you nearly double the amount it's hard to resist. I can't be annoyed at that. Now a scalper with a few orders/charging outrageous amounts is another story.

Look people are entitled to do what they want with their own money, but paying double is madness imo, i have no issue with anyone charging huge amounts of money either, if people are willing to pay that amount then why not? be hard to turn it down.

Who pays nearly double anyway? the only person I can think of is a parent wanting it for their kid for Christmas, id have sympathy in that situation alright but anyone else deserves to get fleeced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

neeb03 wrote: »
    Got exactly the same thing with mine (Not Donegal). Returned to depot without even a phone call or attempt to deliver.

They delivered with the same exact driver a different parcel to me yesterday.

The address even has the eircode and phone number!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

same with me, absolutely, no excuse not to ring me or put my address / eircode into gps
    my advice is to be at the depot first thing, good luck and keep us updated

I'm same, order initially confirmed, then we apologise but can't guarantee till 21, unable to contact them tried everywhere. Updated this afternoon to say 27/12.

Have you gone onto their website to track the order

Where do I do this to see tracking? I ordered outside my main Gamestop account. I didnt know i was logged out at time of order. I can see the order with email and order number but no sign of expected arrival etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭AntonP

Where do I do this to see tracking? I ordered outside my main Gamestop account. I didnt know i was logged out at time of order. I can see the order with email and order number but no sign of expected arrival etc.

There is an option where you enter your email and order number for status.

I got the email with an post tracking Wednesday, it is unbelievable the Ps5 is still in Dublin and no signs at all of more movement. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Was hoping to see some movement on it overnight.... Nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭AntonP

RedXIV wrote: »
    Was hoping to see some movement on it overnight.... Nothing

You mean on AnPost? Same here. Two days now and Dublin hub is the last update.
    Beyond joke and mismanagement.

Web Chatted with Anpost yesterday and they said “in the next days”. Is a disgrace a package taking more than 1 day already from Dublin to the south, now it seems it will be next week while other stores granted collection today or tomorrow. GameStop never again for me. Anpost unforgivable lack of prevision and mediocre management.

Like they didn’t know the volume will be the highest ever. Wait until Xmas for full disappointment.

AntonP wrote: »
    There is an option where you enter your email and order number for status.

I got the email with an post tracking Wednesday, it is unbelievable the Ps5 is still in Dublin and no signs at all of more movement. What a joke.

Difference being I still have to reveive a tarcking email for dispatch. Consider yours en route and be happy ;)

My order is STILL locked at Confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mine on the way from Amazon, will definitely be here today. Such a better experience from them than the Series X mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

UPS delivering mine at the moment. Left Athlone at 5am.... Can't be long now !!

Better dust down the 'man cave' in preparation !! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Mine on the way from Amazon, will definitely be here today. Such a better experience from them than the Series X mess.

When did yours get dispatched? I'm still waiting on my dispatch date, says i should have it between Saturday - Tuesday but if it hasn't dispatched I wont have it tomorrow :(

Advertisement