Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

So, regarding Gamestop:

Did anyone who ordered one for delivery get one yet?

Did anyone who ordered collect get one yet?

I was able to get one from Smyths during the September Scrum (And collected yesterday. Woohoo!) But had pre-ordered one in June and gotten the launch confirmation. I have offered it to a boardsie but, like most, have heard diddly.

Also, just on this: Remember, this situation is with Gamestop company. Not the workers in the shop's fault. Please remember that when dealing with them. They are probably getting it in the neck from everyone. Like many people, they are concerned about jobs and everything else about now. They don't need people screaming into their faces about a game console.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

My ups order with GS has changed to out for delivery since 8am with delivery by end of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

FixitFelix wrote: »
    My ups order with GS has changed to out for delivery since 8am with delivery by end of day.

Yeah same here. End of day = Can't leave the house :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Nightman16 wrote: »

Lucky having someone working from home has its advantages:)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭AntonP

So, regarding Gamestop:

I was able to get one from Smyths during the September Scrum (And collected yesterday. Woohoo!) But had pre-ordered one in June and gotten the launch confirmation. I have offered it to a boardsie but, like most, have heard diddly.

Also, just on this: Remember, this situation is with Gamestop company. Not the workers in the shop's fault. Please remember that when dealing with them. They are probably getting it in the neck from everyone. Like many people, they are concerned about jobs and everything else about now. They don't need people screaming into their faces about a game console.

At least they could be honest and set expectations properly. When we all preordered the day was 19th November and that is what we expect. Today is 20th Friday and seems that the earliest will be Monday 23th.

We are paying for a service here. 5 days to deliver a package from Dublin to anywhere else in the country seems a bit of a joke + management could've not managed to foresee this.

Preorder Launch Dates , as they should've been
    12th Nov (US, Mexico, NZ, AU, etc)
    19th Nov Rest of the World (excl Ireland)
    ?? Ireland, as you need to add some additional time for AnPost to get the finger out. Tell us that and we sign up for collection. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

FixitFelix wrote: »

My one is still at label created since Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

AntonP wrote: »
    At least they could be honest and set expectations properly. When we all preordered the day was 19th November and that is what we expect. Today is 20th Friday and seems that the earliest will be Monday 23th.

We are paying for a service here. 5 days to deliver a package from Dublin to anywhere else in the country seems a bit of a joke + management could've not managed to foresee this.

Preorder Launch Dates , as they should've been
    12th Nov (US, Mexico, NZ, AU, etc)
    19th Nov Rest of the World (excl Ireland)
    ?? Ireland, as you need to add some additional time for AnPost to get the finger out. Tell us that and we sign up for collection. Thanks.

Based on the way my UPS tracking looks it seems the warehouse had it ready to go the morning of the 18th. Just wasn't taken until 5pm on 19th by UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

You can hardly blame An Post

GS Delivery just arrived here Dublin 6

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Mine is with UPS, and still sitting at "Label created". Kinda feeling like this is just not meant to be. ordered two things for launch this year, normally I don't have the time/capital to do so and the first took almost a week to arrive after launch (different crowd though) and now this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

dan786 wrote: »
    My one is still at label created since Wednesday

Same here. Anyone know if ups deliver on Saturdays at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Nightman16 wrote: »

Same - Left Finglas at 1.10am and arriving in Cork by end of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Koko_Jambon

Hi guys, got a question, I ordered ps5 in tesco yesterday and I got confirmation and congratulation email. Problem is that I ordered it for delivery but in the email they said they are doing only collection and that my collection point is in another county, 60km from my location (almost impossible for me to collect it there). Do you guys know if it is possible to get it delivered to my local tesco so I can collect it ? (Normal tesco not express or anything)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Have to say, fair play to Parcel Motel. My PS5 was sitting in the depot in NI only about an hour & then it was on the road down to Dublin. Had it ready to collect before 4pm on release day which I wasn't expecting. Normally once something is received in NI, I'd have it the next day. They must have had a plan to deal with the consoles and get them out as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Hi guys, got a question, I ordered ps5 in tesco yesterday and I got confirmation and congratulation email. Problem is that I ordered it for delivery but in the email they said they are doing only collection and that my collection point is in another county, 60km from my location (almost impossible for me to collect it there). Do you guys know if it is possible to get it delivered to my local tesco so I can collect it ? (Normal tesco not express or anything)

Difficult one to be fair. What I suggest is that I will collect it for you, I'll pay the €499, I'll bring it to you and you can give me €499.

All you need to do is PM me the details, where and when with the codes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Koko_Jambon

Berty wrote: »
    Difficult one to be fair. What I suggest is that I will collect it for you, I'll pay the €499, I'll bring it to you and you can give me €499.

All you need to do is PM me the details, where and when with the codes. :pac:

Yeah, I don't know about that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

So, regarding Gamestop:

My order from GameStop was finally dispatched yesterday, I'd ordered online the night pre-orders went live. It's out for delivery today with DPD.

Totally agree with you about that it's not the shop workers fault, I've always had a pretty good relationship with the ones in my local store, so really hope people don't take out their frustrations on them when they re-open next month.

A good portion of all the frustrations surrounding their orders could have been avoided if they were transparent around their delays from the start - good communication is key. Cynically I noticed that their 'apologies for the delays' tweet only went out when reporters started sniffing round...

If you want to blame anyone, blame corporate/management. I had actually thought about putting in a complaint to CCPC about the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

silvara wrote: »
    .... Totally agree with you about that it's not the shop workers fault, I've always had a pretty good relationship with the ones in my local store, so really hope people don't take out their frustrations on them when they re-open next month.

A good portion of all the frustrations surrounding their orders could have been avoided if they were transparent around their delays from the start - good communication is key. Cynically I noticed that their 'apologies for the delays' tweet only went out when reporters started sniffing round...

If you want to blame anyone, blame corporate/management. I had actually thought about putting in a complaint to CCPC about the whole thing.

Oh absolutely. Corporate-wise they deserve a hammering. The lack of communication is damning. They clearly oversubscribed their launch allocation (As we knew way back in July/August). They obviously haven't got enough stock to even process the orders they defined as "launch". But this is not the fault of the person working in the shop for not much more than minimum wage. That's all I'm saying. Company-wise is was a (Predicted) shambolic cash-grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Madman08

RedXIV wrote: »
    Mine is with UPS, and still sitting at "Label created". Kinda feeling like this is just not meant to be. ordered two things for launch this year, normally I don't have the time/capital to do so and the first took almost a week to arrive after launch (different crowd though) and now this :(
    That was mine yesterday. I'm sure to get mine by end of day today according to the tracker. You might get it this evening or tomorrow by the latest I'd say. Fingers crossed for ya !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

So, regarding Gamestop:

Pre-ordered in store in July. My local store is closed during lockdown so got the launch allocation notice and voucher sent to my email.

I got the ups notification Wednesday and then it arrived yesterday afternoon.
    The UPS tracking was fairly slow to update even though the package was moving so I'm hoping the other orders here are in a depot but it just hasn't updated yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

Between Smyths screwing me over multiple times on the pre order and Tesco screwing me over yesterday, today is depressing. I also had the PS4 shut down last week from overheating. I don’t think it’s going to survive Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Madman08 wrote: »
    That was mine yesterday. I'm sure to get mine by end of day today according to the tracker. You might get it this evening or tomorrow by the latest I'd say. Fingers crossed for ya !!

Cheers!

I think I realised my problem now. When I got the voucher to actually buy the PS5, it was worth 550. I tried to get it sorted with support but just ended up spending the extra money in the end, but as a result, I didn't submit my order until a day after I got the voucher. Probably shot myself in the foot there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

thorbarry wrote: »
    When did yours get dispatched? I'm still waiting on my dispatch date, says i should have it between Saturday - Tuesday but if it hasn't dispatched I wont have it tomorrow :(

Was dispatched Wednesday and out for delivery today.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Oathkeeper

hi guys i ordered from tesco yesterday the ps5 i got a order confirmation but no call or congratulations or even cancellation email i did click and collect for liffey valley. just wondering if i'm safe or i should get on to tesco. and is anybody else in the same situation

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Kanney wrote: »
    i have this

Order data received from sender

Head Office

15/11/2020 at 19:06

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

18/11/2020 at 18:01

Your parcel has been incorrectly routed and will be rerouted

Dpd Dublin South West

19/11/2020 at 11:41

Redirect

Head Office

19/11/2020 at 13:06

BTW, this is now in the van and delivery expected between 12-1

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭AntonP

Just been on a chat with AnPost

Today is Friday

So the retailer should of advised you that mail is taking at least a minimum of 3 working days at the moment. It is in Cork awaiting processing there so should be with you in the next 1-2 days. There are doing deliveries on Saturdays also.

To the question of any luck today:
    “No does not look likely for today.”

Saturday or Monday at best.
    This is AnPost screwup and lack of management and prevision.
    How the hell is not in the news that AnPost ETA from Dublin to Cork is a minimum of 3 working days?
    What a disgrace.

I hope the management of AnPost get their fat bonuses checks up their arses this Xmas.

Kudos to the person @ the chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Seems Harvey Norman are having tech issues this morning in checking online orders - just an FYI if you're wondering/worried about a PS5 order with them, haven't got a call yet etc. This issue might be holding up processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

AntonP wrote: »
    Just been on a chat with AnPost

Today is Friday

So the retailer should of advised you that mail is taking at least a minimum of 3 working days at the moment. It is in Cork awaiting processing there so should be with you in the next 1-2 days. There are doing deliveries on Saturdays also.

To the question of any luck today:
    “No does not look likely for today.”

Saturday or Monday at best.
    This is AnPost screwup and lack of management and prevision.
    How the hell is not in the news that AnPost ETA from Dublin to Cork is a minimum of 3 working days?
    What a disgrace.

I hope the management of AnPost get their fat bonuses checks up their arses this Xmas.

Kudos to the person @ the chat.

It was in the news last week?
    An post have delays for packages of approx 3 days due to unprecedented demand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Mine hit Parcel Motel yesterday at 15.13 and is estimated to arrive at my house at 15.45 today.

Can’t say fairer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mine just arrived from Amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Ups now says delivery unspecified on my tracking, I’m gonna need to get onto um this is silly

Advertisement