Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

mdwexford wrote: »
    Mine hit Parcel Motel yesterday at 15.13 and is estimated to arrive at my house at 15.45 today.

Can’t say fairer than that.

Where are you get an estimated delivery time from? My mates says Van Outbound Package since 7am

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Koko_Jambon

Hi guys, got a question, I ordered ps5 in tesco yesterday and I got confirmation and congratulation email. Problem is that I ordered it for delivery but in the email they said they are doing only collection and that my collection point is in another county, 60km from my location (almost impossible for me to collect it there). Do you guys know if it is possible to get it delivered to my local tesco so I can collect it ? (Normal tesco not express or anything)

So I called Tesco and they said they can't do anything... value of the item is too high to transfer it to my local Tesco and they also can't deliver for the same reason... Funny how they tell you to disregard lockdown restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

I got mine from Smyths/DPD yesterday no problem but my brother’s tracking didn’t update at all yesterday and still hasn’t been scanned on a van for delivery today yet, he’s getting a bit worried about it being stolen or whatever (he’s only 18 but calmer than I’d be if mine didn’t arrive yesterday!).

Anyone else in the same boat as him? It has the travelling through DPD network status since Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Mine just arrived from Amazon

Where are u based if u don't mind me asking? Wondering why mine hasn't even dispatched yet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Where are you get an estimated delivery time from? My mates says Van Outbound Package since 7am

Go to the Nightline site and put in the tracking number.
    That gives the arrival estimate, Parcel Motel still only has van outbound on mine as well.

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    Go to the Nightline site and put in the tracking number.
    That gives the arrival estimate, Parcel Motel still only has van outbound on mine as well.

Cool ill check it out

Edit: says should be delivered 11:15
    Signature between 10:15 - 12:15

Hi all I just want to say thanks to you all my PS5 has shipped with DPD from Harvey Norman and my little cousin is going to be so happy I can’t wait to call around to see his little face and maybe play Spider-Man with him lol

I’m gutted I couldn’t get one for myself but hey I’m gonna wait till April on my birthday and finally get a PS5 get Spider-Man and Ratchet & Clank if it’s out by then at least then I’ll have two games I want to play on the console.

Thanks again and (stupid kids lol) giving away my PS5 and PS I hate scalpers there scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

thorbarry wrote: »
    Where are u based if u don't mind me asking? Wondering why mine hasn't even dispatched yet

Will add to that where are you based ?

As mine is coming from Amazon and it left Dublin this morning to head to cork and no updates since ?

However it says due today

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

Mine arrived to in Tipp about half an hour ago from UPS.

Will add to that where are you based ?

As mine is coming from Amazon and it left Dublin this morning to head to cork and no updates since ?

However it says due today

Im in meath. Still hasn't been dispatched!!! Can't cope knowing loads of others have theirs from amazon already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Mine just arrived from Amazon and I came to the door when the phone said he was outside.

Delivery driver: "for some reason I haven't had to use the doorbell yet today, enjoy!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

LookingFor wrote: »
    Seems Harvey Norman are having tech issues this morning in checking online orders - just an FYI if you're wondering/worried about a PS5 order with them, haven't got a call yet etc. This issue might be holding up processing.

Just to further update on this - I got verification that my order is 'OK', but they're not offering collection alternatives anymore for people, like me, who checked out with delivery. I think they're snowed under now between PS5 and Black Friday, so it sounds like they're just processing orders as is rather than calling people to confirm/offer different arrangements. So I wouldn't worry if you didn't get a call!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭b34mer23

LookingFor wrote: »
    Just to further update on this - I got verification that my order is 'OK', but they're not offering collection alternatives anymore for people, like me, who checked out with delivery. I think they're snowed under now between PS5 and Black Friday, so it sounds like they're just processing orders as is rather than calling people to confirm/offer different arrangements. So I wouldn't worry if you didn't get a call!

Reckon they only called if you live anyway close to a HN store, which I don't. I didn't get called, just got the order shipped notification yesterday evening.

Followed up with a delivery delayed notification from DPD this morning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Right, desperate times call for desperate measures

nSLR30C.jpg

b34mer23 wrote: »
    Reckon they only called if you live anyway close to a HN store, which I don't. I didn't get called, just got the order shipped notification yesterday evening.

Followed up with a delivery delayed notification from DPD this morning :mad:

I live within 2km of a Harvey Norman, so I think it may have been pretty random, :o Or dependent on whether your order was assigned to a store, or is being fulfilled from their warehouse.

I don't have a DPD tracking number yet, but I'm anticipating the inevitable delay notification. HN just said 5-7 working days, which probably aligns with what people have been saying about delays of up to 5 days with DPD.

Anyways, fingers crossed for next weekend, eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

thorbarry wrote: »

Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Mupchease wrote: »
    Between Smyths screwing me over multiple times on the pre order and Tesco screwing me over yesterday, today is depressing. I also had the PS4 shut down last week from overheating. I don’t think it’s going to survive Christmas.

If Christmas movies have taught me anything, you will get one Xmas eve at 11:59pm just as the snow starts to fall

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Still no sign of DPD. Tracking still says package is traveling through the DPD network since the 18th.

Not sure if it’ll come today or not.

Anybody else still waiting on Smyths/DPD home delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I never reported back on how my pre-orders went yesterday;

The one for my friend's little lad came from Amazon. I didn't see the truck myself, but it was down as being delivered by Amazon. Arrived by noon, in a brown Amazon outer carton. No complaints.

My own edition was collected at Smyths in Swords. There was literally nobody ahead of me waiting for a PS5, so I was immediately ushered inside to a checkout reserved for PlayStation collections. In and out in 60 seconds.

Hopefully your experiences will be as smooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

There article about people who order a ps5 of Amazon uk getting the wrong product some people got a box full with felix cat food another person got a foot massager lol.it was on pushsquare.com feel sorry for those unlucky people.

• Advertisement

Kilkenny

I must just be down the bottom of the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mine just arrived from Amazon

UPS? Can I ask what part of the country you are in? Edit - saw post above, you are in Kilkenny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    I never reported back on how my pre-orders went yesterday;

The one for my friend's little lad came from Amazon. I didn't see the truck myself, but it was down as being delivered by Amazon. Arrived by noon, in a brown Amazon outer carton. No complaints.

My own edition was collected at Smyths in Swords. There was literally nobody ahead of me waiting for a PS5, so I was immediately ushered inside to a checkout reserved for PlayStation collections. In and out in 60 seconds.

Hopefully your experiences will be as smooth!

curious about the smyths preorder, how did it run? was it hard to get one? or was that smooth, i myself went for argos preorder, got it no bother , but got a refund 2/3 weeks ago due to 'fraud suspected' which i can only put down to me using address pal :confused:
    unfortunately i didnt get one yday after being online since 6am :pac: managed to miss all :rolleyes: il get one eventually , its heartening seeing xbox x popping up randomly in different smyths, so thats all im clinging onto, that the same will happen with ps5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

My mates digital version has arrived at my house (hidden santa present) and my disc version is still out there somewhere... Probably cold, scared and alone.

This is torture.

rob808 wrote: »
    There article about people who order a ps5 of Amazon uk getting the wrong product some people got a box full with felix cat food another person got a foot massager lol.it was on pushsquare.com feel sorry for those unlucky people.

They'll have Brinks delivering PS5s next...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

In a draw for ps5 now on one of raffles on Facebook. 6 euro a ticket and 498 tickets lol. Its bout same odds as picking one up online haha.

Got my mates from ups at 11:15

• Registered Users Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

dave1982 wrote: »
    In a draw for ps5 now on one of raffles on Facebook. 6 euro a ticket and 498 tickets lol. Its bout same odds as picking one up online haha.

How do people who run these raffles even get the money? Good luck to them if they are accepting 498 €6 payments on PayPal. They're asking for the account to be limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

dave1982 wrote: »

Wtf? That’s €2988. Some people have no shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Wtf? That’s €2988. Some people have no shame.

There's 55 inch 4k telly bout 5 games too

Its 6 euro worth the gamble

Advertisement