Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

dsmythy wrote: »
    Still due by the end of the day. Unless there is overtime going on feels like a slim chance.

And the tracking says they attempted to deliver but missed me. He must have used a mind trick to try and contact me to say he was outside. Alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Just checked my ups saying it’s due for delivery tomorrow so let’s wait and see if ups delivers on a Saturday in cork

Really they dont usually? I presumed Monday would be the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Their site says they are delayed by up to3 days due to covid. It would be nice tonight but I can wait. One more last hurray on the PS4

Best of luck with the rest of the journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

dsmythy wrote: »
    And the tracking says they attempted to deliver but missed me. He must have used a mind trick to try and contact me to say he was outside. Alas.

Had this loads of times, happens when the driver wants to head off early, it'll be dropped of tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭neeb03

For the second day I am told it is out for delivery. Texted with time and for the second day, no show. DPD at their finest.

Yesterday the driver never came to our area and went home. Today on van due for delivery. 8.51pm still no show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

I posted on here on Wednesday that Cex will increase their trade in price to 700 Friday evening and here we have it, 700 cash. Does not have to be new either, so 700 cash for a used PS5.

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sps5825gbw001&categoryName=playstation5-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=playstation-5-console-825gb-white-boxed

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Anyone's disc version from Amazon stuck in "Package has shipped" status? Doesn't look like mine ever made it to Dublin. Been stuck for over a day now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

dan786 wrote: »
    I posted on here on Wednesday that Cex will increase their trade in price to 700 Friday evening and here we have it, 700 cash. Does not have to be new either, so 700 cash for a used PS5.

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sps5825gbw001&categoryName=playstation5-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=playstation-5-console-825gb-white-boxed

that's honestly so wrong :pac: the desperate funts, so anyone could make a handy 200 :pac: used Cex regularly , definitely won't be now anyways :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

ussrsoviet wrote: »
    that's honestly so wrong :pac: the desperate funts, so anyone could make a handy 200 :pac: used Cex regularly , definitely won't be now anyways :cool:

If they don't get any in by Tuesday/Wednesday it will go up higher.

They will know they will even sell this for 1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Got mine from Smyths today. Unfortunately, I can't play it as the nephew might not get one in time for Xmas, so I have to hand it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

RGARDINR wrote: »
    My PS5 just arrived from UPS. Was from gamestop disc version. I put original deposit of 50 down on the 29th December 2019. Welcome to the family it's been an extremely long wait.

Picked mine up earlier at HN, all set up now and some Astro played, love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mesh123

Anyone elses Harvey Norman order still on processing? Tempted to ring tomorrow and see what they say as I read some people were given the option to just go and collect it even if they selected delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Out of curiosity, did anyone else get one from scan on the first day of pre-orders and receive it? I cancelled mine when I secured the Smyth's preorder because everyone said they oversold and weren't guaranteed but never saw anything else said about them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Got mine from Smyths today. Unfortunately, I can't play it as the nephew might not get one in time for Xmas, so I have to hand it over.

Sure don't tell his parents that you got one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Kremin wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, did anyone else get one from scan on the first day of pre-orders and receive it? I cancelled mine when I secured the Smyth's preorder because everyone said they oversold and weren't guaranteed but never saw anything else said about them

Yeah I'm in queue 64 someone else is 21 and another 236 or something like that. I seen no one here getting one off them though

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mushelle

Anyone's disc version from Amazon stuck in "Package has shipped" status? Doesn't look like mine ever made it to Dublin. Been stuck for over a day now.

Same here. The estimated delivery date is Wednesday. Is it Wednesday for you as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

Fair play man. Christmas is for the kids first imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭rainbow66666

Did anyone manage to place an order on Amazon (based outside of Dublin) for a PS5 and it's still not dispatched? Based in cork myself and still stuck on the first step before Dispatch, no change on mine outside of the order confirmation at 13:03 and their support said they would "try help speed up the dispatch"...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 James1100

Hi guys
    Anyone on this thread happen to pre order the ps5 in store at gamestop at the beginning of September?? I pre ordered on the 5th!! Since I pre ordered in store all I have is the receipts, so no tracking number and all that, anyone got any additional info they might like to share cause atm I'm completely in the dark, emailed gamestop but they don't give out much info at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 James1100

Hi guys
    Anyone on this thread happen to pre order in store in gamestop?? And all you have is the receipts with no like tracking number or nothing.. I pre ordered on the 5th of September, anyone any info on when I should be expecting to receive it? Emailed gamestop and they don't tell ya nothing.

• Advertisement

Mushelle wrote: »
    Same here. The estimated delivery date is Wednesday. Is it Wednesday for you as well?

Mine says expected 21-24th now. It was received in Dublin just after midnight. Phew

Mine says expected 21-24th now. It was received in Dublin just after midnight. Phew

Just need it to not be cat food when I open the package now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

My Amazon Ps5 due for delivery next tuesday arrived noon today (Thursday).

And its super quiet right now - no fan or coil whine to be heard. Also not as big as i was expecting

Its seems so much more next gen than the xbox- with the fancy controller and great free sample game.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

dan786 wrote: »
    If they don't get any in by Tuesday/Wednesday it will go up higher.

They will know they will even sell this for 1000.

I just don't get people paying this much...cex had a few series x's for 750 and they went...I personally find it insane people pay this much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I am definitely getting a bit worried about Amazon order coming via UPS :( the tracking has not updated since Thursday and scan in Finglas and was meant to arrive yesterday, but now no new date. Anyone else waiting on Amazon and UPS delivery?

Do UPS send a text or simply just arrive as looks like otherwise need to be like a Hawk on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

samo wrote: »
    I am definitely getting a bit worried about Amazon order coming via UPS :( the tracking has not updated since Thursday and scan in Finglas and was meant to arrive yesterday, but now no new date. Anyone else waiting on Amazon and UPS delivery?

Do UPS send a text or simply just arrive as looks like otherwise need to be like a Hawk on Monday.

Mine is showing as package in transit since Thursday without any indication of where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

samo wrote: »

They don’t send a text. Once you get out for delivery you are set.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

laneooo wrote: »
    I just don't get people paying this much...cex had a few series x's for 750 and they went...I personally find it insane people pay this much

People will bring €2000 worth of stuff into them. Get €750 credit and buy an Xbox and think they got a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Chmaars

Does anyone here know if DPD delivers on Saturdays in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Chmaars wrote: »
    Does anyone here know if DPD delivers on Saturdays in Dublin?

They do

Advertisement