Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Rang HN Galway store as my order for the charging station still said processing. Turns out its there waiting for me. So anyone who has ordered for collection from them I'd give them a call just in case they have ur stuff but haven't updated yer account

• Registered Users Posts: 4 madbo

Anyone get any update on their order from DID? Mine hasn't moved from "Processing" since my order was accepted on Wednesday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

So you can sell a PS5 on here but not on adverts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Oathkeeper

Any updates on Tesco pre orders

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

So you can sell a PS5 on here but not on adverts :pac:

If you are selling for cost price why not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭neeb03

So, update time on my pre-ordered PS5.

Bought on launch night at Smyths and shipped on th 18th for delivery on 19th. I got my DPD text alert and delivery time. Never came.

Phone the following day, driver finished early and never got to my area. Assured it would be delivered 20th, Fri. Again got my driver text (different driver) and would be between 5-6pm. Sat looking out for him until 8.30, again never came.

Drove to DPD depot in Meath the following morning as they were only open from 9-10.30. Discovered the depot has since moved and no longer there but they have not changed their address on ANY website. Phoned again and again, no one will answer. By chance driving home I see a DPD van in a garage getting petrol. I asked for the location of the new depot and he kindly gave me the Eircode. I drove to the depot and no office staff, no desk, no reception just a big open depot with drivers loading a lot of boxes. The supervisor told me the driver in my areas wife went into labour and he never got back or made his deliveries. All parcels are in his van and not there. Again, I was assured it would be today Sat 21st.

Not a sign until tonight at 7.30 the driver magically appears with my PS5 in a VERY bashed and OPENED box, even the tape had been cut on all four sides. Amazing it all seems intact but someone definitely had a look or had it out. I was just so glad it arrived I never said anything and he seemed very nice, it may have been the first driver who was meant to deliver it.

Going to get a drink now, thankfully I won’t have to do that again until the next PS6.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

neeb03 wrote: »

Going to get a drink now, thankfully I won’t have to do that again until the next PS6.

The PS6 will be delivered to us by drones so nobody will have to worry about those pesky humans stealing packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 senorcoconut

Bought on launch night at Smyths and shipped on th 18th for delivery on 19th. I got my DPD text alert and delivery time. Never came.

Phone the following day, driver finished early and never got to my area. Assured it would be delivered 20th, Fri. Again got my driver text (different driver) and would be between 5-6pm. Sat looking out for him until 8.30, again never came.

Drove to DPD depot in Meath the following morning as they were only open from 9-10.30. Discovered the depot has since moved and no longer there but they have not changed their address on ANY website. Phoned again and again, no one will answer. By chance driving home I see a DPD van in a garage getting petrol. I asked for the location of the new depot and he kindly gave me the Eircode. I drove to the depot and no office staff, no desk, no reception just a big open depot with drivers loading a lot of boxes. The supervisor told me the driver in my areas wife went into labour and he never got back or made his deliveries. All parcels are in his van and not there. Again, I was assured it would be today Sat 21st.

Not a sign until tonight at 7.30 the driver magically appears with my PS5 in a VERY bashed and OPENED box, even the tape had been cut on all four sides. Amazing it all seems intact but someone definitely had a look or had it out. I was just so glad it arrived I never said anything and he seemed very nice, it may have been the first driver who was meant to deliver it.

very weird that the tape was cut.

I would make an official complaint (about the parcel with cut tape). Venting here feels good and lets off some steam but accomplishes nothing. If they have crooks on the payroll and nobody reports it, they will get off scot-free and continue to tamper with your parcels and other people's.

Reporting it might not accomplish anything directly either, but at least there will be something on record about the driver(s) potentially opening parcels. If they get a few reports on one guy it might be enough to open an investigation and get the guards involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

For anyone that ordered off scanuk and they in the queue. I just seen on their twitter people asking Where's their launch consoles. Turns out their queue system is is all messed up. Fella ordered 3 hours after me and he's in launch but I'm 64 in queue still waiting. I know there's more here who ordered from them. My times 5.26am other fella is 8.04 and he got his. I don't know cause I'm in Ireland and it's easier post to English residents first but it's very bad form tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

An update on my gamestop order that was made in February! It arrived at about 3 this afternoon. I'm not overly annoyed as its for Christmas for my son but at the same time I was assured a launch day allocation.
    Anyway if I could be assured of another before Christmas I'd gladly offer it up to someone else who needs it for cost but unfortunately thats not the case so good luck to anybody who's still looking to get one especially those who need it for santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ian.f

Has anyone who ordered from DID seen any movement on their tracking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

kev1.3s wrote: »
    An update on my gamestop order that was made in February! It arrived at about 3 this afternoon. I'm not overly annoyed as its for Christmas for my son but at the same time I was assured a launch day allocation.
    Anyway if I could be assured of another before Christmas I'd gladly offer it up to someone else who needs it for cost but unfortunately thats not the case so good luck to anybody who's still looking to get one especially those who need it for santa.

Which means you got one from launch day allocation as that's the only allocation they've had so far.
    Seems to the a courier issue as mine came late but was boxed and ready to go early the 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

Has anyone else who got the 15th of December email from Currys uk had their order status changed to dispatched?

I didn't get an email or tracking details but I'm hopeful.

Amazon just emailed saying driver needs a password on delivery. Mines going to Parcel Motel. What a fun day tomorrow may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

So my Amazon order now says in transit with no eta on delivery for my PS5

Yap this is for sure stolen or lost

Lovely ....

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DubLad69

Nightman16 wrote: »
    Amazon just emailed saying driver needs a password on delivery. Mines going to Parcel Motel. What a fun day tomorrow may be.

Ring them first thing maybe?

DubLad69 wrote: »
    Ring them first thing maybe?

Yeah I contacted amazon and they said if it gets sent back I can contact to change address. Which is hilarious considering they refused to let me change address 10 minutes after ordering.

I've read online this happened to someone else and it was fine, drivers just used common sense. I'll prob ring anyway for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Ordered a Charging station from curry’s 2 weeks ago, was told Wednesday estimated delivery when I ordered but zero sign as of yet..

Anyone any idea how longs they’re taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Was this a gamestop pre order. Still waiting on mine to be delivered from upc

It was. Man with a van delivered it. No markings on it. Any luck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Which means you got one from launch day allocation as that's the only allocation they've had so far.
    Seems to the a courier issue as mine came late but was boxed and ready to go early the 18th.

No, mine was not dispatched until late Thursday night, no issues whatsoever with the courier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Barlett

I got mine from Parcel Motel on Thursday - got an email about the password, wasn't an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

So my Amazon order now says in transit with no eta on delivery for my PS5

Yap this is for sure stolen or lost

Lovely ....

Mine says delayed in transit. I’m pretty sure mine has gone awol too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Cotts72

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Ordered a Charging station from curry’s 2 weeks ago, was told Wednesday estimated delivery when I ordered but zero sign as of yet..

Anyone any idea how longs they’re taking?

Strong possibility they've no stock, happened me with headset yet still took payment. I called them out on twitter and they immediately contacted saying they've no stock and they are issuing a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 47 senorcoconut

Update on HN order,

Called just now, they said it should have been shipped out friday and would be with me tomorrow (didnt ask for order number). Order on website is still processing and no email was recieved for dispatch. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Still in limbo waiting on Tesco. Got an order confirmation @ 9.27 the day the orders came in. No "congratulations" e-mail, no comiserations e-mail, just due for delivery still on Tuesday...let's see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Still in limbo waiting on Tesco. Got an order confirmation @ 9.27 the day the orders came in. No "congratulations" e-mail, no comiserations e-mail, just due for delivery still on Tuesday...let's see.

Is it still pending in your account? All the original delivery orders are now click and collect

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Oathkeeper

I'm in the same situation except I have a click and collect I tried emailing Tesco but no reply just hoping to God that they honor it when I log in its still green what does it say on other people's who got the congrats email and did anybody click and collect from Liffey valley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Oathkeeper wrote: »
    I'm in the same situation except I have a click and collect I tried emailing Tesco but no reply just hoping to God that they honor it when I log in its still green what does it say on other people's who got the congrats email and did anybody click and collect from Liffey valley

I got the congratulations email but no confirmation email. It’s currently green in my account pending delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Mine says delayed in transit. I’m pretty sure mine has gone awol too.

We just have to wait and see like,

If it shows it shows if not I am going to be a very sad man child .....

Advertisement