Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Time to upgrade to girlfriend 2.0 or code name Fiancée

He won't have time to play it then with all the celebrations. Just fúck her out now. You've gotten what you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭steescribbles

Littlewoods Ireland have sent me an e-mail saying there's been an "unexpected delay" in delivery, but considering the initial delivery date was mid-December, the date is either moving up, or staying where it is. Or being delayed further.

According to them, the order is coming directly from the supplier (Sony), so it's likely not part of the launch shipment.

Update: VERY customers are also receiving this e-mail. Some are also confirming dispatch e-mails and tracking numbers being sent even though the delivery date hasn't budged.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

LookingFor wrote: »
    My Harvey Norman order shipped this morning, after being 'Processing' since Thursday. Hopefully others also shipped this morning, or will shortly!

Mine is delayed by 5 days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

dave1982 wrote: »
    Did you contact amazon. A phone call off them to the depot could speed things up.

Why aren't they using an post

Yep - already contacted Amazon who told me it’s still on track and to contact tomorrow if no sign. UPS since also emailed to say out for delivery today but tracking hasn’t changed. So holding slim hope..

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

samo wrote: »
    Yep - already contacted Amazon who told me it’s still on track and to contact tomorrow if no sign. UPS since also emailed to say out for delivery today but tracking hasn’t changed. So holding slim hope..

Ups told me they have my parcel to nightline as ups does not deliver in cork city can’t make that up

However called nightline they said they don’t have my parcel ha

Can’t make this up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Has anyone been in touch with Tesco after getting a confirmation call or email about collecting it tomorrow?

Its not tomorrow for everyone. Its collection at whatever your initial delivery date and time was from what i have seen discussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,826 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Has anyone been in touch with Tesco after getting a confirmation call or email about collecting it tomorrow?

I called Friday to check on mine. I was told since I got the congratulations email, then it'll be there for collection at the Tesco Customer Services desk during the time it was originally supposed to be home delivered.

So if you got the congratulations email (not the confirmation email after placing the order, but the later congratulations email) and have heard nothing since, then you should be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Just got an email saying currys uk has dropped the ps5 to address pal in the UK and an post will deliver in the next 3-4 days! Big thank you to the people who spotted that currys loophole last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Littlewoods Ireland have sent me an e-mail saying there's been an "unexpected delay" in delivery, but considering the initial delivery date was mid-December, the date is either moving up, or staying where it is. Or being delayed further.

According to them, the order is coming directly from the supplier (Sony), so it's likely not part of the launch shipment.

Update: VERY customers are also receiving this e-mail. Some are also confirming dispatch e-mails and tracking numbers being sent even though the delivery date hasn't budged.

I got the exact same email from Littlewoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

Status still pending delivery on my tesco order. Let's see what happens !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Mine has constantly been in use since it arrived on launch day, lucky to have avoided a lot of the messing people in this thread have been exposed to! It seems Smyths did a better job than most if not all their competitors with regard to Pre-ordering and getting the consoles into people's hands on time, on launch day!

There are some scams mind, NB2K21 doesn't come with a free PS5 upgrade, so as I had already bought the PS4 version I either have to keep playing that or spend full price on the PS5 version. FIFA 21 however comes with a free PS5 upgrade which is being launched on Dec 4th, so not long. Looking forward to Assassin's Valhalla and Gran Turismo 7, they should be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

Anyone that ordered PS5 accessories from Harvey Norman last week have you since received them? I ordered the charging dock on Wednesday for collection and haven't heard a peep since.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Aokay wrote: »
    Anyone that ordered PS5 accessories from Harvey Norman last week have you since received them? I ordered the charging dock on Wednesday for collection and haven't heard a peep since.

Received headphones and dock on Saturday in Dublin 8. Ordered them on Wednesday or Thursday last week,

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Usrwastaken

Yeah my HN just shipped also. Yeow.

Plus tesco sent me a giftcard

Did you get yours on the 19th? Hope mine ships soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LH_

mesh123 wrote: »
    Hoping to hear something from HN tomorrow, tracker has not updated from processing since Thursday

Got a shipped email today myself, HN says it's been collected (I guess by DPD) and when I use the tracking number on the DPD site it says Order Data Received From Sender.

Any one else getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

My brothers PS5 has just arrived from DPD and it’s clear that it has been opened and used. Looks like the DPD guys kept it over the weekend and used it.

Is there any way for me to find out by serial number if the console has been activated?

Absolutely fuming here

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    My brothers PS5 has just arrived from DPD and it’s clear that it has been opened and used. Looks like the DPD guys kept it over the weekend and used it.

Is there any way for me to find out by serial number if the console has been activated?

Absolutely fuming here

On mine there was a Playstation tamperproof sticker on the opening of the PS5 Blue box, if that was missing or already cut then you will have your answer! That sucks btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mesh123

LH_ wrote: »
    Got a shipped email today myself, HN says it's been collected (I guess by DPD) and when I use the tracking number on the DPD site it says Order Data Received From Sender.

Any one else getting this?

Thats exactly what mine says also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Absolutely fuming here

The console can't go online without the system update, did he require an update when he first booted it up?

Was it completely wiped? Did you know it was used just because it was repacked badly?

Markitron wrote: »
    The console can't go online without the system update, did he require an update when he first booted it up?

Was it completely wiped? Did you know it was used just because it was repacked badly?

It literally just arrived from DPD. Not only is the box badly damaged (obviously tossed around) but it looks like it was repacked carefully but it’s not perfectly packed. My brother hasn’t even turned it on yet, just wondering if there is a way we can find out if it has been activated before he tries in. Or should he try to complain to Sony or DPD

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »
    On mine there was a Playstation tamperproof sticker on the opening of the PS5 Blue box, if that was missing or already cut then you will have your answer! That sucks btw!

The sticker is broken and looks like handprints on the box

Trying to attach photos

Trying to attach photos

Looks like they tried to open it on the sly without removing the tamper proof, realised they couldn't after tearing it a bit and just said feck it and ripped the tamper proof sticker off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LH_

Trying to attach photos

I’d get on to both DPD and whomever you bought it off immediately to let them know that this is happening and that it is completely unacceptable.

LH_ wrote: »
    I’d get on to both DPD and whomever you bought it off immediately to let them know that this is happening and that it is completely unacceptable.

You'd have to send it back and demand a new one to be taken seriously. Complaining and then saying you're keeping it and using it isn't going to be taken seriously. You might be better to suck it up. Hopefully the console is on working order. Maybe do a hard reset just in case.

The sticker is broken and looks like handprints on the box
    You'll know if it's been used by the way it is packed - the tie-wraps on the cables etc. Watch an unboxing to see which way the foam is folded around everything etc. Someone dumb enough to open your system is unlikely to be able to wrap it up again perfect. You'll see tiny scratches by the HDMI port.

Trying to attach photos

Aye that proper sucks, sadly, if it still works, you are better off taking it on the chin and using it as the chances they won't put you to the back of the queue like amazon uk did with the stolen ones is quite high!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Trying to attach photos

It looks like it was definitely opened anyway. Next thing to do is document turning it on and check if it's already been Firmware updated. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly and DPD do something about it. That just sucks!

Trying to attach photos

Aye you can clearly see in this pic that the Tamperproof seal has been fecked with! Bastads! That was the one that should have been intact if it had not been messed with.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=533925&d=1606145399

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Ups told me they have my parcel to nightline as ups does not deliver in cork city can’t make that up

However called nightline they said they don’t have my parcel ha

Can’t make this up

Lol, unreal!!! I look like a curtain twitcher now after the day looking out the soaps window waiting for a UPS van (to Meath!) but in the last hour now I got a DPD update for something I don’t recognise being delivered (today :()

Crazy

Advertisement