Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Just got a text from Tesco saying my item is ready for collection tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

Synode wrote: »

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 47 senorcoconut

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    It literally just arrived from DPD. Not only is the box badly damaged (obviously tossed around) but it looks like it was repacked carefully but it’s not perfectly packed. My brother hasn’t even turned it on yet, just wondering if there is a way we can find out if it has been activated before he tries in. Or should he try to complain to Sony or DPD

Was the PS5 retail box inside a shipping box or did you just get the retail ps5 box with no packaging?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Was the PS5 retail box inside a shipping box or did you just get the retail ps5 box with no packaging?

It was in a brown box, badly damaged with a lose opening on one of the sides so that box was pretty much opened.

I’ve just noticed one of the pieces that holds the console is swollen like it’s been water damaged.

Very hard to get through the smyths. I’ve sent DPD an email.

I would hope that the agree to replace it but only when they have stock so the replacement can be done over a few days instead of a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

FAO Littlewoods orders- Has anyone received further clarification from them? I missed a call from them earlier. Is it a huge delay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Same here, finally let myself be excited about it now!

It was in a brown box, badly damaged with a lose opening on one of the sides so that box was pretty much opened.

I’ve just noticed one of the pieces that holds the console is swollen like it’s been water damaged.

I would hope that the agree to replace it but only when they have stock so the replacement can be done over a few days instead of a few weeks.

It might not have been tampered with but simply just handled really badly. the ps5 packaging is fairly poor compared to the xbox's. As someone said, film the first bootup of the console and see if it already has been updated. if it has someone turned it on previously. Actually, film the entire process, taking it out setting it up, turning it on for that matter. I do this for all expensive gear i buy just incase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

My bet is someone broke their own and tried a switch. Check serial number on box vs serial number on console to make sure they match. Some shocking carry on going on with these consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Likewise! Happy days!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

For what it’s worth, the little anti tamper stick popped open between me picking up the console and getting home 20 mins later. Pretty sure it wasn’t tampered with, just didn’t survive a little bit of light jostling about :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

For what it’s worth, the little anti tamper stick popped open between me picking up the console and getting home 20 mins later. Pretty sure it wasn’t tampered with, just didn’t survive a little bit of light jostling about :)

Aye there's a substantial difference between that and the state of the box in the photos, however!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭neeb03

This has been my experience too with DPD and Smyths. Box badly damaged and completely open. Seal on PS5 box was open too. It all looks ok though.

neeb03 wrote: »
    This has been my experience too with DPD and Smyths. Box badly damaged and completely open. Seal on PS5 box was open too. It all looks ok though.

Jaysus did they run it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

The plastic seals on them are mostly open as they are not very sticky. Thats not an issue, so no need to worry if its not closed. Playstaions have always been poorly packed and even inside looks like its been opened and put back together. The Xbox packaging is much better, easy to tell if console has been repackaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mesh123

"Parcel collected by DPD Driver"

Going to be refreshing that tracker all evening, even though I would imagine its most likely arriving tomorrow

mesh123 wrote: »

Going to be refreshing that tracker all evening, even though I would imagine its most likely arriving tomorrow

what store is fufilling yours? carrickmines here

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gembino

Just got a text from Tesco saying ps5 is ready to pick up from tomorrow...I didn’t get a confirmation e-mail or cancellation e-mail so glad i got the text as i was beginning to worry

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭virginmediapls

gembino wrote: »
    Just got a text from Tesco saying ps5 is ready to pick up from tomorrow...I didn’t get a confirmation e-mail or cancellation e-mail so glad i got the text as i was beginning to worry

Samesies. Woop woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mesh123

what store is fufilling yours? carrickmines here

Castlebar for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Anyones headset arrive from currys that ordered last week :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Just got the text from Tesco too. Happy days! That's eased my worries a bit. Is everyone going down for the time they ordered it for? I was thinking of going down early as I fear I'll get there and they will have given my console to someone else, maybe I'm being too sceptical. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LH_

mesh123 wrote: »

Just looked at mine and it says the same! Got mine through HN. Hopefully the driver doesn't take it in to his house tonight and give it the once over :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

For those of you who have never done a click and collect from Tesco, you usually go to the Tesco van in the car park to pick your order up. It's the same type van they use for home delivery and it's usually parked a bit away from the store.

Now given the security risk of having a van load of PS5's in the carpark they may ask you to go instore to pick it up instead. But I just thought I'd mention it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

neeb03 wrote: »

jesus lads these boxes are in terrible shape

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭steescribbles

CZ 453 wrote: »
    FAO Littlewoods orders- Has anyone received further clarification from them? I missed a call from them earlier. Is it a huge delay?

Call was an automated message saying the order has been delayed. Nothing more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I know the majority of chat here is regarding people waiting on their pre orders that were expected at launch.

For those who pre ordered from Gamestop and got 1 of the 3 responses from them stating that we wouldn't be getting a console at launch but we'd be in the next wave of stock comes in, can you please keep us up to date if you get any correspondence from GameStop? I'm in that group so just want to see if everyone is notified at the same time (or at all)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Just got a text from Tesco. Woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Parcel has been out for delivery with Niteline all day :-/ can't help feel worried after reading some of the stories on here today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

The seal on my PS% box was open too, I think its just a terrible plastic sitcker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

Amazon delivery to parcel motel still hasn't shipped from the delivery station despite being there since 3am...El Paranoia time.

Advertisement