Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Pipmae wrote: »
    For those of you who have never done a click and collect from Tesco, you usually go to the Tesco van in the car park to pick your order up. It's the same type van they use for home delivery and it's usually parked a bit away from the store.

Now given the security risk of having a van load of PS5's in the carpark they may ask you to go instore to pick it up instead. But I just thought I'd mention it.:D

The email said you've to go to Customer Services. No chance they're leaving a van load of them outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Nightman16 wrote: »
    Amazon delivery to parcel motel still hasn't shipped from the delivery station despite being there since 3am...El Paranoia time.

Same here - it'll be grand...I keep telling myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Nightman16 wrote:
    Amazon delivery to parcel motel still hasn't shipped from the delivery station despite being there since 3am...El Paranoia time.

Haven't read back but how did everyone else get on with Amazon orders on launch day to parcel motel. I know a lot changed but some stuck with it just incase

Was it next day in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 caffoc

Did everyone who is due to collect from Tesco tomorrow get a text? I am due to collect mine 9-11 and didn't get a text. I rang earlier to see if it would be possible to collect before 9am and customer service said it is not due in until 9am. Just wondering if this is why i didn't get a text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

caffoc wrote: »
    Did everyone who is due to collect from Tesco tomorrow get a text? I am due to collect mine 9-11 and didn't get a text. I rang earlier to see if it would be possible to collect before 9am and customer service said it is not due in until 9am. Just wondering if this is why i didn't get a text

Did you get a congratulations email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 caffoc

Pacifico wrote: »
    Did you get a congratulations email?

Yes....so I'm hoping that my PS5 is on thectruck due in the morning 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Haven't read back but how did everyone else get on with Amazon orders on launch day to parcel motel. I know a lot changed but some stuck with it just incase

Was it next day in the end?

Nope didn't ship until Sunday.

Same here - it'll be grand...I keep telling myself

Ours in the same batch so? Kinda reassuring at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Just got the text from Tesco too. Happy days! That's eased my worries a bit. Is everyone going down for the time they ordered it for? I was thinking of going down early as I fear I'll get there and they will have given my console to someone else, maybe I'm being too sceptical. :p

I think its fine, the email and text say to go at the time you initially ordered it for delivery, and to bring your ID and confirmation email, so that should rule out any fears you have!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Yay, package just arrived through Nightlink/Parcel Motel through Game.co.uk
    Now packed away until xmas :(:(:(

Thanks to the Boardsie that posted the link to them originally!

• Advertisement

My Amazon order was delivered Saturday morning to Parcel Wizard. Was starting to get a bit paranoid by about 5pm this evening, but got the text just before 6 that my bag of rice will be delivered tomorrow :)

Ehh so just check my emails and parcel motel have received a package for me even though Amazon says not delivered. Also the package image is suspiciously blocked entirely. EDIT:.........Or am I just stupid and its because its large

https://ibb.co/tzLNCgH

Ehh so just check my emails and parcel motel have received a package for me even though Amazon says not delivered. Also the package image is suspiciously blocked entirely. EDIT:.........Or am I just stupid and its because its large

https://ibb.co/tzLNCgH

I'd say the box is just massive, and comes up to the camera they put it under.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 slightlyconfuse

Hi I ordered from curry’s uk using address pal, curry’s delivered it to the depot on Friday at 11.30, I’ve only ever used address pal once for a small item so never took any notice but when should I get confirmation from them that it’s on the way ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Hi I ordered from curry’s uk using address pal, curry’s delivered it to the depot on Friday at 11.30, I’ve only ever used address pal once for a small item so never took any notice but when should I get confirmation from them that it’s on the way ? Thanks

I've only used address pal twice but both times it took close to a week before it was ready to collect at the post office. Small, insignificant items, not during a pandemic and not at Christmas time. They may be quicker in general but very slow in my experience. An Post have a backlog at the moment too I think...

I've only used address pal twice but both times it took close to a week before it was ready to collect at the post office. Small, insignificant items, not during a pandemic and not at Christmas time. They may be quicker in general but very slow in my experience. An Post have a backlog at the moment too I think...

Thanks I’m just paranoid after reading some things online , do you remember if they send you any confirmation once they scan it or process it in the uk depot ? At the moment all I have is a picture from curry’s of a box outside the depot on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Did address pal email you saying they received your package from currys!?

I got the email today and said it should be delivered in 3/4 working days.

Also don't forget to regularly check your junk email. Thats where I found both the currys and address pal emails.

Did address pal email you saying they received your package from currys!?

I got the email today and said it should be delivered in 3/4 working days.

Thanks for the reply , No e mail from address pal ive been checking all day , does anything show up on your address pal account ? I’ve been checking that too today but only showing my previous order

Thanks for the reply , No e mail from address pal ive been checking all day , does anything show up on your address pal account ? I’ve been checking that too today but only showing my previous order

Ya they sent me a tracking number in the email and it says its sitting in the Heathrow transit hub at the minute.

• Advertisement

Ya they sent me a tracking number in the email and it says its sitting in the Heathrow transit hub at the minute.

Hopefully I’ll hear from them tomorrow , was yours delivered by curry’s Friday too? Mine was at 11.30 am

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Address pal is usually a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Got my ps5 after from amazon,

Ups provided my parcel to nightline to be delivered anyway the parcel showed up in a white van ... and wait for it also looked like the parcel was opened

So the top of the box was 1/2 open, the side of it looks like it was ripped and huge dents in the bottom of it

However ps5 is setup and running perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

Anyone know when next stock will be in every site I tried on Thursday crashed and then got cancellation email from Tesco 3 hours after so any other stock was gone by then haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Finally I have it.

Useful info to have: if Parcel Motel shows your parcel In Transit and as Stored in the depot. That means it is oversized and can be collected from the depot!!

After an hour on hold I got someone on customer service who said just call in and ask for it.

Called to the depot. Office is locked, stood in the freezing rain for 20 mins with truck and drivers dropping off pallets trying to sort paperwork. Van drivers dropping boxes (one guy just left boxes outside the door on the wet floor in the rain), old ladies collecting parcels that can't hear.

You have to (I'm not joking) stand out in the rain and shout in a tiny top window that's about 8 foot high. They vanish and about 5 mins later appeared at the door with a battered box.

All is working okay but I could have collected it on Friday morning if they had we emailed me.

Still Demon souls, miles Morales and sackboy are downloading. Had a quick blast off Astro but the kids are going mental and need to go to bed.

Hopefully I’ll hear from them tomorrow , was yours delivered by curry’s Friday too? Mine was at 11.30 am

No I got an email on Saturday from currys saying it would be delivered Monday and around 12pm today got an email from currys saying it was delivered and an hour later an email from address pal saying 'we have your package and here's the tracking number, delivery expected in 3/4 days.'

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally I have it.

What a journey, enjoy man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 senorcoconut

Damn, DPD still at Order data received from sender from HN

Not picked up yet.

Welcome to my blog.

Edit: Travelling through the network, yeeow

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Thanks I’m just paranoid after reading some things online , do you remember if they send you any confirmation once they scan it or process it in the uk depot ? At the moment all I have is a picture from curry’s of a box outside the depot on Friday

Yeah they did confirm they'd received it. Then silence until it was at the post office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

You'd have to send it back and demand a new one to be taken seriously. Complaining and then saying you're keeping it and using it isn't going to be taken seriously. You might be better to suck it up. Hopefully the console is on working order. Maybe do a hard reset just in case.

A bit off topic but Banggood or someone on their shipping line did the exact same thing to me! When the drone arrived the seal was cut and sellotaped back up to try and cover it! I did not pay for a cut seal on a product and a tampered with drone! Dispute with raised with PayPal now and of course Banggood have offered a full refund but will leave the cost of shipping it back to me to China!? No chance! They know it will cost me a fortune to ship it back, they can whistle unless the provide me with a prepaid shipping label as most decent companies would do!

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement