Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Dunne1995 wrote: »
    Collecting mine between 4 and 8pm tonight sweating like a pig here in work praying for 5pm

They had names stuck onto each box with order numbers, if you have been confirmed you got it then you should have zero issues.

He did send someone away without one as they werent on the list or something but the person said they hadn’t received any confirms and just chancing it. It seemed fairly well organised and staff had said they werent told about them til the stock arrived yesterday so they couldnt even buy them, which was good for us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Out of curiosity, exactly when/how did Tesco start taking orders for these? Must have missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 senorcoconut

Markitron wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, exactly when/how did Tesco start taking orders for these? Must have missed that.

Last Thursday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Markitron wrote: »

Around 9:15am to 9:40am on launch day, it was searchable on the grocery website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Picked mine up from Tesco early after I rang and asked could I. I want nothing more than to open it and start gaming :pac: But not for me, for one of the kids

• Advertisement

Last Thursday morning
    brainiac wrote: »
    Around 9:15am to 9:40am on launch day, it was searchable on the grocery website.

How incredibly random, all those people holding out for Argos and Tesco are the ones that come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Oathkeeper

Guys what time did the texts from.tesco come yesterday due to pick up tommorow between 9am and 11am so when should I be checking for a text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Oathkeeper wrote: »
    Guys what time did the texts from.tesco come yesterday due to pick up tommorow between 9am and 11am so when should I be checking for a text.

Got mine at 16.14. I was due to collect at 4pm today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Synode wrote: »
    Got mine at 16.14. I was due to collect at 4pm today

Exactly 16:14 for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nightman16

Mine arrived today in impeccable condition. Although Amazon barely packed the box with any paper. This controller is insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 LH_

Just got mine from HN via DPD! Perfect condition.

If you get it from HN you will definitely know if someone tried to open it. Hats off to them, they packed it and taped it well to make sure no one got at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

Phew....... can’t believe it but Amazon order via UPS arrived (6 days after dispatch!)

The box/seal was open though but seems intact

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mynamejeff12

Just got mine from tesco. Was handy enough collecting it from the store but forgot to inquire about getting the 7 euro delivery charge back since I had to collect it myself. Did anyone else get the money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just got mine from tesco. Was handy enough collecting it from the store but forgot to inquire about getting the 7 euro delivery charge back since I had to collect it myself. Did anyone else get the money back?

Have the same problem. Had someone collect mine for me and noticed the 7 charged on top for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Wallace2018

Anyone else order their PS5 from Smyths have money deducted and still yet to receive it? Mine says it is travelling through DPD network?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Anyone else order their PS5 from Smyths have money deducted and still yet to receive it? Mine says it is travelling through DPD network?

PS5 Pre Order Thread...

But not aware of anyone reporting that. You could check with Smyths as they've surely paid DPD for quicker delivery and might need to see if it's gone wrong. .

samo wrote: »
    Phew....... can’t believe it but Amazon order via UPS arrived (6 days after dispatch!)

The box/seal was open though but seems intact

Is it the outer box? That seems to be open on all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Joanne121

Anyone get a text from Tesco for collection tomorrow? Waiting (not so) patiently here for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gembino

Arrived at Tesco swords at 3.40 today for a 4pm collection and they wouldn’t give it to me until 4pm but atleast i got it. Delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Joanne121

Joanne121 wrote: »
    Anyone get a text from Tesco for collection tomorrow? Waiting (not so) patiently here for mine.

Just arrived now!!! I still haven't gotten a confirmation email, although I did get the congratulations email. I assume the confirmation email will come when they take payment tomorrow morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

HN Order from last Thursday was delayed for 5 days but just got notification that it's with DPD

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭harderthanf

garlad wrote: »
    HN Order from last Thursday was delayed for 5 days but just got notification that it's with DPD

I'm still waiting for a delivery update. Their tracking site is down all day and I can't get an answer from anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Picked up in Tesco this morning, mild moment of panic when my name was not on a list but after a call to the warehouse they had it ready in the back. Always liked Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

The guy in tesco liffey valley this morning i overheard saying the delivery charge will be refunded, guessing it will come in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I've an option for a Tesco reload able card from work (small 4% discount).

Worthwhile asking when I collect if I can change my payment method or else do a return and repurchase with the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

I've an option for a Tesco reload able card from work (small 4% discount).

Worthwhile asking when I collect if I can change my payment method or else do a return and repurchase with the card?

I suspect this may work like the Tesco ClubCard. Bring your receipt and card to customer services to see can you get the value added. They won’t allow return/repurchase I don’t think but loading the card after the fact might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Received my HN order last night. Phew! And they weren't taking any chances with that packaging...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

I have one for collection this evening from Tesco. I got confirmation email and text yesterday telling me to come collect. I just checked my tesco account and it says the order has been collected! :eek:

I don't really want to spend the morning onto their customer service - did anyone else see this as well or should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Picked mine up in tesco LV this morning.

No issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

mbarosin wrote: »
    I have one for collection this evening from Tesco. I got confirmation email and text yesterday telling me to come collect. I just checked my tesco account and it says the order has been collected! :eek:

I don't really want to spend the morning onto their customer service - did anyone else see this as well or should I be worried?

This is normal, as reported by others just a few posts back.

Advertisement