Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Just wanted to say thank you to the Poster who shared the Tesco link last week. I collected one today and that's Santa sorted for a nephew. Staff in Tesco told me that all staff orders were cancelled to give as many consoles as possible to customers only. The particular store I collected from were allocated 9 and I was the last person to collect.

The wait for me continues though as I have a preorder with GameStop for a child in my house. I got the first email to say I wasn't included in launch allocation but no other emails (no 27 December or 2021 email) and I can't use the order status checker on GameStop website because it was an in-store transaction.

To check your order status on the GameStop website (I see loads of people asking this), make sure you have your order number handy. Make sure you are logged out of the website. Scroll to the bottom of the homepage and there is an order status checker there. If anybody hears anything about second wave allocation to GameStop customers an update would be very welcome. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Wallace2018

I phoned DPD this morning with my tracking number and said they would do a track & trace on my parcel. ****. Has this happened to anyone else? Hope they can find it and send it on to me.

My Amazon purchase from last week arrived today. I had no option to send to Ireland directly, so had to use Parcel Wizard, and was getting a bit nervous as they had received it last Saturday and still no sign.

Box was in perfect condition, opened it up to check everything was there before putting it away for the kids for Xmas. To be honest I was shocked at how shoddy the packaging is on the PS5 compared to the Series X. Night and day difference with the unboxing experience.....not that the kids will be bothered by that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Basil3 wrote: »
    My Amazon purchase from last week arrived today. I had no option to send to Ireland directly, so had to use Parcel Wizard, and was getting a bit nervous as they had received it last Saturday and still no sign.

Box was in perfect condition, opened it up to check everything was there before putting it away for the kids for Xmas. To be honest I was shocked at how shoddy the packaging is on the PS5 compared to the Series X. Night and day difference with the unboxing experience.....not that the kids will be bothered by that!

The outer box is obviously quite flimsy but I thought the inner one was sturdy enough. Tbh I thought the XSX packaging was excessive.

Markitron wrote: »
    The outer box is obviously quite flimsy but I thought the inner one was sturdy enough. Tbh I thought the XSX packaging was excessive.

I don't mean just the quality of the packaging. The entire experience of the PS5 feels like a bunch of things thrown in a box, compared to the Series X where you open out the lid and it's sitting there in the middle for easy access.

As I say, the kids won't care. I'm just happy my box is in perfect condition after some of the stories I've seen on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭ReverseGiraffe

Hi did anyone who ordered from Tesco use their revolut card to pay for it? Just want to make sure the transaction will go through ok in the morning and there won't be any issues with Revolut blocking it/rejecting it/needing approval etc

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Red Fan X5

Hi did anyone who ordered from Tesco use their revolut card to pay for it? Just want to make sure the transaction will go through ok in the morning and there won't be any issues with Revolut blocking it/rejecting it/needing approval etc

Worked fine with me on Tuesday :).

Basil3 wrote: »
    To be honest I was shocked at how shoddy the packaging is on the PS5 compared to the Series X. Night and day difference with the unboxing experience.....not that the kids will be bothered by that!
    Yeah the box isn't great.

Mine turned up in a not-very-presentable condition (the box). Corners battered, creases and dents all over. Hole right through two layers of box. I don't know what the hell DPD did to it.

Had it been for a Santa present for the kids i'd be fairly annoyed at the state of it. It's for myself so whatever. The Series X box and presentation is a lot nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 slightlyconfuse

Still no e mail or confirmation from address pal to say my orders being processed (curry’s uk delivered it Friday at 11.30) I’m getting kind of worried as I don’t have much experience with address pal . Should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Still no e mail or confirmation from address pal to say my orders being processed (curry’s uk delivered it Friday at 11.30) I’m getting kind of worried as I don’t have much experience with address pal . Should I be worried?

If it makes you feel any better the address pal tracker says mine is still sitting in Heathrow since midday Monday. Bloody thing is on holidays over there!

• If it makes you feel any better the address pal tracker says mine is still sitting in Heathrow since midday Monday. Bloody thing is on holidays over there!

I'd take a bet it will arrive in the door today

Same for everyone lads. Their tracking is ****e for updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 madbo

Starting to feel like I'm being given the run around by DID. Sent a DM to their twitter on Monday and they said it should be ready for collection on Wednesday. So yesterday I ring the store but they say they're not sure if it's there or not, they have to look. Left on hold, he goes looking and when he gets back he says it could be there, he just can't find it? They sounded very busy in fairness but I'm getting worried at this stage.

I then ring the main support line, took about an hour to get through and the rep says that she can't see my order on the transfer list so she's going to send an email to the warehouse to confirm it was sent to the store for c&c. And that's where I'm at, awaiting an email that could take days to see a response.

I actually managed to get a pre-order in with them on the 18th before they took it down, thought I was lucky af, but starting to think the opposite now. Anyone else have any update on their experience with DID?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

If it makes you feel any better the address pal tracker says mine is still sitting in Heathrow since midday Monday. Bloody thing is on holidays over there!

Same for me :mad: DPD delivered the ps5 from currys to address pal on Monday 12:40 PM. No updates since then :(

Yours also no update since monday? stuck at heathrow?

Hopefully my worry is I haven’t received anything at all from address pal to even acknowledge that they have it on their side

Hopefully my worry is I haven’t received anything at all from address pal to even acknowledge that they have it on their side

You never get notified. They're the slowest of the mail forwarding services, but they've never let me down in the few times I've used them.

Are you doing post office collection or home delivery?

Did they charge your card or not? Because they charged mine as soon as they received it and sent me tracking link on mail.

• Basil3 wrote: »
    You never get notified. They're the slowest of the mail forwarding services, but they've never let me down in the few times I've used them.

Are you doing post office collection or home delivery?

This^

Relax lads :D

This^

Relax lads :D

The past week has been torturous. First spending all day refreshing websites to buy one on 19th then spending the next day all day checking status on curry's UK website then checking dpd tracking link every hour for the next 2 days and since then checking an post tracking almost every half hour. Wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy but it should all soon be worth it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Thanks to whoever it was that provided the Tesco info on launch day, picked mine up today. Weirdly they haven't charged me for it yet, I thought it would either be out my account this morning or after I picked it up but nothing as yet. I'd say it's been a messy preorder experience for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Collected from Tesco today too. They were very efficient and the experience was quite pleasant.

Just do remember to bring ID as apparently they are getting a few people chancing their arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

To be fair I found Tesco pretty good, all things considered. And no way someone could wing it and get your console. There is a massive sticker on the side with my name and order number on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yep, Tesco pre-order was anything but messy, very efficient and well handled. Right out of nowhere as well, kudos to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tesco to be fair keep their stuff out the back in what some call "the cage". I used to call to Tesco for years as a sales rep and the only way I could ever get in there was the Security unlocking the cage for me. Stuff like games/DVDs/TVs and high value stuff like Whiskey and the like, including, some might be shocked often "Honey". Sometimes in Tesco you will find the good honey on the shelves in a security box as anything over €20 is meant to be security tagged. :D

Although the online way to order is a mess and Tesco Ireland aren't really set up for online ordering of Hardware it sounds like they handled it okay and people should be comforted that their PS5 is not just sitting in a storeroom being eyeballed by staff openly. They can see your PS5 but like in a Zoo through a cage door. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Hi, Does the PS5 require a download/update when first switched on? If so is it a large update?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Hi, Does the PS5 require a download/update when first switched on? If so is it a large update?
    Yes and I think the most recent one was around 800 mbs

Update on address pal , they didn’t charge my card so that had me worrying too as well as no updates. Then ten minutes ago received a text saying my order was in the local post office for collection even though I choose home delivery , but I’m not complaining at least it’s here. Thanks for all the help throughout the journey and it was some journey !

Update on address pal , they didn’t charge my card so that had me worrying too as well as no updates. Then ten minutes ago received a text saying my order was in the local post office for collection even though I choose home delivery , but I’m not complaining at least it’s here. Thanks for all the help throughout the journey and it was some journey !

Are you sure it's the ps5 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Got an email response from Gamestop as I can't use the order checker because I placed my preorder in store. There's nothing new in it but it might be helpful to some.
    Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service,

If you have raised a query with us previously and are awaiting a reply, please do not respond to this ticket as we will reply to your initial query first.

If you have not placed a pre-order with us, please note that we are fully booked on the new PS5 and Xbox consoles and new orders cannot be taken at this time. Unfortunately, there will be no units available in stores or online for customers who do not have a pre-order placed.
    These are not expected to be back in stock before Christmas, however we hope to have more stock available early in the new year.

If you have placed a pre-order to be in Queue (i.e. not included in the launch day allocation), you will be contacted at a later point regarding your console order. All pre-orders will be assigned first come first serve based on the pre-order time. Therefore, we are unfortunately unable to guarantee any one person that their order will be available before Christmas.

Advertisement