Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

I see the PS5 selling for up to 2 grand on eBay. I guess if you have the money to throw away. People taking advantage of the desperate though are the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 slightlyconfuse

koolkunz wrote: »
    Are you sure it's the ps5 ?

I’m presuming it is as I didn’t order anything else with them

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

Eoineo wrote: »
    Got an email response from Gamestop as I can't use the order checker because I placed my preorder in store. There's nothing new in it but it might be helpful to some.

Yeah I got the same

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

I’m presuming it is as I didn’t order anything else with them

Ok do report back when you collect it whether it was the ps or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Anyone any hassle with HN that selected Delivery instead of Collect?

• Advertisement

Update on address pal , they didn’t charge my card so that had me worrying too as well as no updates. Then ten minutes ago received a text saying my order was in the local post office for collection even though I choose home delivery , but I’m not complaining at least it’s here. Thanks for all the help throughout the journey and it was some journey !

Are you sure you chose home delivery? Home delivery and post office collection are different addresses that you send to, so it can be easy to mix them up. I suspected you had post office collection, as that's the method that is always really slow with no updates along the way.

In any case, glad you got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

MikeRyan87 wrote: »

I initially had delivery (and paid for the same) but called them and they allowed me to pick it up (Tallaght store). I then sent an email after to see if I could get the delivery charge refunded and out of nowhere I get a PayPal message saying they refunded it.....well impressed with them overall.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Just got email off scanuk my preorder is picked and ready to ship. I was 64 in queue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Zookey123 wrote: »
    I see the PS5 selling for up to 2 grand on eBay. I guess if you have the money to throw away. People taking advantage of the desperate though are the worst.

People selling "photos" of the PS5 on ebay too and people buying them for way over RRP of the console not realising.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

Anyone any idea if places will be selling any tomorrow ? had one ordered from tesco thought it was sealed deal but got let down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

YupYup17 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea if places will be selling any tomorrow ? had one ordered from tesco thought it was sealed deal but got let down

Out of curiosity what happened with Tesco? I've gotten the text earlier today to collect in the morning but never got the congratulations email so I'm not sure whats going to happen in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 46 YupYup17

tomister wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what happened with Tesco? I've gotten the text earlier today to collect in the morning but never got the congratulations email so I'm not sure whats going to happen in the morning

They sent confirmation email and order received email around 9.45 last Thursday morning and then around 8 hours later they said unsuccessful but sure by that time everywhere else was sold out, I wouldn't of stopped looking if I had of known so now on the hunt coming up to Christmas. I've read that a few people never received the congratulations email but still got there device so id say you'll be fine tomorrow. Hopefully I'm lucky in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Anyone ever heard or used this website? https://thegamesdept.com/index.php?route=common/home Looks a bit iffy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ratsam wrote: »
    Anyone ever heard or used this website? https://thegamesdept.com/index.php?route=common/home Looks a bit iffy?

Yes very iffy, domain only created a month ago, also making believe they have stock when no others have it.

If it makes you feel any better the address pal tracker says mine is still sitting in Heathrow since midday Monday. Bloody thing is on holidays over there!
    This^

Relax lads :D

Any updates guys? My tracking status hasnt changed since midday monday (still at heathrow transit hub).

@braniac who ordered from currys and addresspal along with us his package was in ireland day before yesterday. I am getting worried now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 madbo

Update on my DID order. Made a public tweet yesterday morning hoping for some solid information. Got a reply asking for order # and that they would have it ready asap. By 5PM I had a DM on my twitter saying it's ready for collection! I think it was just sitting in storage in the shop since Monday/Wednesday and they hadn't got to it yet. A bit ridiculous that I was waiting 8 days with no tracking updates & multiple contacts to support for info and still had to resort to twitter to get it resolved. I'm just happy it's sorted now. Will edit this post later when I have it in my hands!

UPDATE: I just collected it from Malahide branch, needed ID and invoice. Very easy process, PS5 in perfect condition. Best of luck to everyone still waiting on theirs!

• koolkunz wrote: »
    Any updates guys? My tracking status hasnt changed since midday monday (still at heathrow transit hub).

@braniac who ordered from currys and addresspal along with us his package was in ireland day before yesterday. I am getting worried now :(

Nothing here and no updates since monday :o

Maybe today is the day!

Nothing here and no updates since monday :o

Maybe today is the day!

One can hope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Just picked up the console from Tesco. Very painless experience - just asked for ID and then went and got it. Massive thanks to the person here who flagged that Tesco had stock - you've made someone's Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭garlad

MikeRyan87 wrote: »

I managed to get one ordered last Thursday.
    Next day they told me it would be delayed 5 days.
    Arrived from Cork yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 DurtyDean

Hi guys,

I'm living in the UK and ordered a console from Very for my brother as he couldn't get one on release day. I thought I could just send it by post office but I have just found out they don't take packages that big to Ireland.

Anyone any suggestions for a cheap enough way to get it from UK to Ireland? DPD is coming up at over 50 pound. I don't have it yet its being sent to Yodel the carrier and I should have received it by Monday.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

DurtyDean wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm living in the UK and ordered a console from Very for my brother as he couldn't get one on release day. I thought I could just send it by post office but I have just found out they don't take packages that big to Ireland.

Anyone any suggestions for a cheap enough way to get it from UK to Ireland? DPD is coming up at over 50 pound. I don't have it yet its being sent to Yodel the carrier and I should have received it by Monday.

Thanks.

Can you change the address to Parcel Motel maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DurtyDean

Markitron wrote: »
    Can you change the address to Parcel Motel maybe?

Good idea thank you.

How does that work again Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

Hi guys new here, I was just wondering would anyone be able to tell me roughly when I should be expecting mine. I made the order in GameStop on the 16th September but can’t/unsure how to track it based from receipt thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

DurtyDean wrote: »
    Good idea thank you.

How does that work again Parcel Motel?

Your brother signs up for a PM account. He will receive a UK delivery address when this is done. Change the address on your order to this PM address. The PS5 will be sent to the UK address in Antrim, and will then be forwarded to a Parcel Motel locker in Ireland for collection.

Should be a straightforward process and will cost about €4. Only potential drama is if Very have a problem with PM addresses, but it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Still sitting in Heathrow too!

Still sitting in Heathrow too!

So all three of us are in the same drowning boat it seems XD

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

So all three of us are in the same drowning boat it seems XD

Mine did arrive today Guys, so they're coming. As I said to koolkunz yesterday in PM, they can be pretty slow but it always does arrive.

On the negative side, Currys packaged it in a plastic bag. The box was a little battered, but the console seems fine. Ye should all get it next week so just hold out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

Hi guys new here, I was just wondering would anyone be able to tell me roughly when I should be expecting mine. I made the order in GameStop on the 16th September but can’t/unsure how to track it based from receipt thanks !

You can't use that site tracker if you made the order instore unfortunately. I'm in the same boat. Nobody really knows when to expect them. We're all kind of hoping that the expected December restocks extend to GS as well, and that they fulfill outstanding preorders out of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

Govannan wrote: »
    You can't use that site tracker if you made the order instore unfortunately. I'm in the same boat. Nobody really knows when to expect them. We're all kind of hoping that the expected December restocks extend to GS as well, and that they fulfill outstanding preorders out of that.

Ah no bother thanks a million

Advertisement