Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭koolkunz

Nothing here and no updates since monday :o

Maybe today is the day!
    Still sitting in Heathrow too!

So I called address pal an hour ago. They said that they have 2 shipments every week (from UK to IE) and that the next shipment is Friday Night (Tonight).

They have a queue system for what goes on which shipment. And have told me to expect delays of 2-3 working days from originally promised delivery time which was of 3-4 working days.

They said that you should have some update on tracking link by Monday night and that if I dont I should call them again Tuesday morning.

brainiac wrote: »
    Mine did arrive today Guys, so they're coming. As I said to koolkunz yesterday in PM, they can be pretty slow but it always does arrive.

On the negative side, Currys packaged it in a plastic bag. The box was a little battered, but the console seems fine. Ye should all get it next week so just hold out :)

Just one more small question can you check an post tracking link and give the exact date and time they received your package. Like mine is Monday 23 Nov 12:42 PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Bey0nd

dan786 wrote: »
    I posted on here on Wednesday that Cex will increase their trade in price to 700 Friday evening and here we have it, 700 cash. Does not have to be new either, so 700 cash for a used PS5.

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sps5825gbw001&categoryName=playstation5-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=playstation-5-console-825gb-white-boxed

How did you know this, was it just a prediction? Are they going any higher do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

koolkunz wrote: »
    Just one more small question can you check an post tracking link and give the exact date and time they received your package. Like mine is Monday 23 Nov 12:42 PM.

First tracking element, and matching time on AddressPal system was:
    23 November 2020 19:56

We have your post in LONDON, HEATHROW TRANSIT HUB

Based on email, DPD dropped it to An Post London between 12:30 and 1:30 that afternoon, possibly in the same shipment and they processed yours onto the AP system first. I'd imagine it's just luck of the draw which packages get on a plane first though tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    My girlfriend just won a PS5 & 55” 4K tv on a giveaway.

Can’t bloody believe it!!

IT JUST ARRIVED!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Mine ( well for my son) arrived yesterday from the UK, plugged it in today, did all the updates and downloaded couple games ( very fast at downtown) and it’s awesome. Loving the sounds coming out of the controller

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

brainiac wrote: »
    First tracking element, and matching time on AddressPal system was:

Based on email, DPD dropped it to An Post London between 12:30 and 1:30 that afternoon, possibly in the same shipment and they processed yours onto the AP system first. I'd imagine it's just luck of the draw which packages get on a plane first though tbh.

So the queue system they mentioned to me on phone was bs XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

DurtyDean wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm living in the UK and ordered a console from Very for my brother as he couldn't get one on release day. I thought I could just send it by post office but I have just found out they don't take packages that big to Ireland.

Anyone any suggestions for a cheap enough way to get it from UK to Ireland? DPD is coming up at over 50 pound. I don't have it yet its being sent to Yodel the carrier and I should have received it by Monday.

Thanks.

Try the postal store,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    IT JUST ARRIVED!!!!

Is she charging you much for it? :D

• koolkunz wrote: »
    So I called address pal an hour ago. They said that they have 2 shipments every week (from UK to IE) and that the next shipment is Friday Night (Tonight).

They have a queue system for what goes on which shipment. And have told me to expect delays of 2-3 working days from originally promised delivery time which was of 3-4 working days.

They said that you should have some update on tracking link by Monday night and that if I dont I should call them again Tuesday morning.

One the same boat so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Usrwastaken

Is anybody still waiting on their order from HN? Its been processing since last thursday, just think its weird its taking so long and other people got theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Is anybody still waiting on their order from HN? Its been processing since last thursday, just think its weird its taking so long and other people got theirs.

I got an email Tuesday saying it had shipped and to expect it in a few days. No sign yet unfortunately.
    Their tracking system is completely busted.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I don't understand people paying over a grand for a console but this (https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Playstation-5-Console-Disc-Edition-Photo/333802199575?hash=item4db8295a17:g:sNMAAOSwxKBfvr8j) takes it to another level...It has to be parents that are paying 1000 plus for them...I just don't understand it at all. Happy tho at least there seems to be a few here that got theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RareMan

Hahahahahahahaha, that's ridiculous! I don't get how people don't pay attention to these things. If bidding ends, and that Galway lad doesn't take it down before then, does that mean both parties will need to follow through on the transaction?

I'm part of the Gamestop queue crowd. Planning on calling in-in person when they open next week, just to see where I am in the queue. Don't mind waiting till 2021 for a PS5.......I picked up Demon Souls on PS3 last week to make up for the wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭steescribbles

Littlewoods Ireland order here.

My order finally updated from "Order being processed at supplier", and has tracking information (although the number doesn't appear to work yet as iit only updated less than an hour ago.). Appears to be coming from the UK, Wednesbury to be exact.

I didn't receive any follow up emails, but I'll be watching the site like a hawk though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Shop To had some UK only pre-orders a couple of hours ago.
    I think I got one, certainly they took the money off of me for a digital console.
    I wanted the one for physical media but I'm happy with this one.
    I can upgrade next year, if necessary

My order finally updated from "Order being processed at supplier", and has tracking information (although the number doesn't appear to work yet as iit only updated less than an hour ago.). Appears to be coming from the UK, Wednesbury to be exact.

I didn't receive any follow up emails, but I'll be watching the site like a hawk though!
    Exact same here - delighted. The delivery date was estimated at 18th December when I ordered but it looks like it will arrive earlier. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

laneooo wrote: »
    I don't understand people paying over a grand for a console.

They might not be.

If you look at who bidding - it always seems to be a couple of new accounts with zero feedback.

If these are fake bidders that wont actually pay - what this does is then put an unnecessary high cost onto the next possibly real person down who ebay offers to at their highest bid. If they are fake bids they are just helping the scalpers.

“Roll it back”

• Site Banned Posts: 47 Saralace

New sony and microsoft consoles are coming December
    See if there's any twitter sites tracking stock and subscribe to them

Pipmae wrote: »
    Exact same here - delighted. The delivery date was estimated at 18th December when I ordered but it looks like it will arrive earlier. :D

Glad to hear!

I'm guessing there's more coming in from the UK considering that Very/Littlewoods Ireland use the same shipments as other retailers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Do you mind if I ask when you ordered from littlewoods? like what date and time in the day you ordered/they went live on there? I've been checking them non stop since launch and saw nothing.

This is my tracking from littlewoods for the series x may help with your timeframe for delivery...

13 November, 2020 13:25:00 Parcel delivered
    13 November, 2020 06:46:00 Loaded onto van Fastway South East
    12 November, 2020 08:18:00 Received at Fastway South East
    10 November, 2020 16:16:00 Received at Fastway Sort Centre
    9 November, 2020 12:00:00 Sorted at Hatfield Warehouse - Delivery DB99, route YOD7840
    9 November, 2020 11:58:00 Sorted at Hatfield Warehouse - Delivery DB99, route YOD7840
    7 November, 2020 19:12:50 Despatched by Our Supplier
    23 October, 2020 01:30:25 Parcel being packed
    23 September, 2020 15:14:22 Order being processed at supplier
    23 September, 2020 15:01:24 Order received by our supplier

My Littlewoods info is as follows: -

28 November, 2020 09:53:38 Despatched from SUPPLIER
    27 November, 2020 20:55:00 Despatched from WEDNESBURY - Route YOD7840
    27 November, 2020 20:53:00 Received at WEDNESBURY - Route YOD7840
    19 November, 2020 11:44:06 Order being processed at supplier

I ordered a console with an extra charger for €570 as that's all they had in stock when I checked. I pounced on it.

I order from Littlewoods a lot and a LOT of their stock comes from the UK.

Oh and for anyone watching for stock updates, when I click on the PS5 in my basket to go try and add it again to my basket, it defaults back to the Littlewoods homepage.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

Pipmae wrote: »
    Oh and for anyone watching for stock updates, when I click on the PS5 in my basket to go try and add it again to my basket, it defaults back to the Littlewoods homepage.

It doesn’t even come up when I search for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

koolkunz wrote: »

Any update on address pal!? Did yours make it on to the shipment last night!? Still in Heathrow on my tracker. Pretty annoyed with it at this stage.

laneooo wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask when you ordered from littlewoods? like what date and time in the day you ordered/they went live on there? I've been checking them non stop since launch and saw nothing.

This is my tracking from littlewoods for the series x may help with your timeframe for delivery...

13 November, 2020 13:25:00 Parcel delivered
    12 November, 2020 08:18:00 Received at Fastway South East
    10 November, 2020 16:16:00 Received at Fastway Sort Centre
    9 November, 2020 12:00:00 Sorted at Hatfield Warehouse - Delivery DB99, route YOD7840
    9 November, 2020 11:58:00 Sorted at Hatfield Warehouse - Delivery DB99, route YOD7840
    7 November, 2020 19:12:50 Despatched by Our Supplier
    23 October, 2020 01:30:25 Parcel being packed
    23 September, 2020 15:14:22 Order being processed at supplier
    23 September, 2020 15:01:24 Order received by our supplier

19th November @ 10:33am

I used the PS5 Console URL from Very's site and changed the site from Very.co.uk to littlewoodsireland.ie leaving the rest of the URL intact. Was extremely surprised it worked. I read on here that Very and Littlewoods are pretty much the same. Otherwise there was no sign (that I could find anyway) of a listing for the console.

Any update on address pal!? Did yours make it on to the shipment last night!? Still in Heathrow on my tracker. Pretty annoyed with it at this stage.

They told me on the phone yesterday that on weekends they might not update the tracker and told me to wait till Monday night before calling them again.

Edit : No updates on the tracker for me as well btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

Ordered one off littlewoods there says expected 18th of December do ye think it could be earlier / later?

Ordered one off littlewoods there says expected 18th of December do ye think it could be earlier / later?

Considering that's the delivery date I got when first ordering, and now it's been despatched, it could be earlier?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 rach784

hi everyone, my sister got an order through on littlewoods this evening,
    got confirmation email,
    on her orders(track my parcel) it says
    'order been processed at suppiler'
    does this sound good, anyone else get that far with there order..could littlewoods still cancel order or has she good
    anyone know??
    thanks

Advertisement