Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

My Littlewoods order has changed to sorry no longer available now. I had money taken, confirmation email etc. I'd have been in fairly quick after it was posted on this thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

My Littlewoods order has changed to sorry no longer available now. I had money taken, confirmation email etc. I'd have been in fairly quick after it was posted on this thread too.

Same here, gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dexdex

My order is also declined. Ordered at 17:13 on the Saturday so should have been some of the first ones in. That’s after spending 30 mins on the phone to them this morning wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Mee too, back to the update thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Order coming up as Sorry, no longer available for me also...order went through at 11.49 yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Henbabani

f sake stupid company, they told me an hour ago all good and now it's cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

If they are cancelling people from Saturday, Sunday orders are definitely gone. Too good to be true, always had my doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Ah lads, my one changed to "no longer available". Definitely knew there was something up. Your man on the phone was obviously just regurgitating what he saw on the screen - the same thing I was looking at. He basically told me what I already knew at the time.

I even had the Order Confirmation email an' all. I guess it doesn't matter what the automated part does; if it's not there, it's not there.

Oh well. I wonder how long it'll take to process a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Crap

28 Nov 2020 QK64J17 Playstation 5 Console 499.99 - Direct From Manufacturer - -
    28 Nov 2020 CHARGED TO MASTERCARD 499.99 - -
    30 Nov 2020 QK64J17 Playstation 5 Console 499.99 - Sorry Not Available -
    30 Nov 2020 REFUND TO MASTERCARD 499.99

• Registered Users Posts: 42 maireadf

I wonder were any English Littlewoods orders cancelled ? Or just Irish ones ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That's littlewoods cancelled, guess I'll just have to hold out until my gamestop one appears whenever that is.

Confirmed over the phone that everyone who ordered through the quick order trick has been cancelled as they never got more stock than the initial launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

Mine was cancelled as well why have the stock code up if they had none

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Black and yellow

Anyone know how long the refund will take ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Anyone know how long the refund will take ?

Seen others say 10 days, if so that is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ST3NG4H

I was sceptical but as hopeful as everyone else I'd end up with a PS5 but in hindsight, we ordered though a glitch or at least took advantage of a workaround. Something Littlewoods didn't know was possible or at least overlooked on their website. They fecking know now!! Refunding all those €500 charges:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

They should never have taken orders and money if they didn't have any stock

ST3NG4H wrote: »
    I was sceptical but as hopeful as everyone else I'd end up with a PS5 but in hindsight, we ordered though a glitch or at least took advantage of a workaround. Something Littlewoods didn't know was possible or at least overlooked on their website. They fecking know now!! Refunding all those €500 charges:)

Not really cos prior to the weekend you could do the glitch but always showed as out of stock and wouldn't let you add to your basket

Kimbot wrote: »
    They should never have taken orders and money if they didn't have any stock
    Their operation was all automated it seems including the confirmation emails. Something they should look at, it's not right.

Kimbot wrote: »
    Not really cos prior to the weekend you could do the glitch but always showed as out of stock and wouldn't let you add to your basket
    Oh didn't know that.

• Advertisement

Seen this on their Help page:

"If you bought your item using a debit or credit card, please allow 3-5 working days from when we receive your item back for your card to be credited. You can check where your return is up to by visiting Transaction History in My Account."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Let's all fight together! We demand at least €30 voucher from LW.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Can't believe it's 11 days since launch and there has not been a restock in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BillyBaltic

Why order from Littlewoods again if their systems are selling stock they don’t have? Complete amateur setup.

ST3NG4H wrote: »
    Oh didn't know that.

Yeah, since launch day I have gone in every day at various times to try add to my basket and it always returned an error. Then on saturday it managed to change and add to the basket and allow to purchase for me.

Not really a glitch either for people who had it in their wish list, it behaved as expected.

So what compensation we getting for this ordeal

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

dexdex wrote: »
    Not really a glitch either for people who had it in their wish list, it behaved as expected.

So what compensation we getting for this ordeal

What loss did you suffer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

ffs Tesco and now Littlewoods for me, Sony really need to get their **** together here, the hunt continues :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

https://news.sky.com/story/online-retailer-very-cancels-orders-placed-by-scalpers-for-over-1000-consoles-12147197

News article up on sky news regarding Very.co.uk issue that led to false stock yesterday

• Advertisement

I just want to order one so I can actually enjoy my fúcking day for once. Every day I have my computer on behind me and I can't get half an hour into a game without pausing, turning around and hitting F5. Right up until 2.30 when I have to stop altogether and go do my job, before coming home at night, watching telly, going to bed, waking up at half 8 the following morning to do the same thing over again.

Getting kinda sick of doing it now.

This is getting ridiculous now. Normally I wouldn't be that bothered, but it's just the sheer unavailability of the thing that's baffling me. It's Sony's biggest launch yet so many of us around the world are having so much trouble getting one.

COVID - absolutely a massive factor into all this, as brick and mortar stores are closed, therefore nobody is able to just go in and buy one. So we're stuck with the only option being online ordering, and it's butchered due to the loopholes that scalpers find their way through, fúcking all of the rest of us over.

lol This is such a trivial annoyance that's turning into a bigger issue than it should be. We shouldn't be nearly 2 weeks gone from launch and still not finding a single console at the retail price.

I'm off to work lads. That refund better come quick

Advertisement